Quote:

Quote:

Yes that and the excessively THICK 98 cold psi and 65 at idle doesn`t seem ideal to me personally. With fairly large bearing clearances in my motor I still run 5w30-10w30 oil and even though I have an 8-quart pan, I run bet 6-7 quarts and have about 70psi cold and 30-40 at idle/cruise.

Cool, you're entitled to your opinion, but tell me this, how many cases of rod bearing failure have you heard of, that was attributed to too high of oil pressure? I'm guessing that I'm allot older than you and I've NEVER heard of high oil pressure causing bearing failure. Granted it robs horsepower, but this is my choice to have higher pressure......... I've heard of many, many more failures due to too low of oil pressure, rather than too high.

Settle down skippy...............wasn`t refering to the spun bearing just damn thick oil that`s all and another thing, older DOESN`T make you smarter. Now where were we?

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....