Quote:

Quote:

the reality is that the engine needs to come apart completely now anyway, so it's a good time to do the oiling mods and get it over with.
there's no reason a street/strip combo should have that much oil pressure. pressure is a result of restriction, keep that in mind.
when the engine was built, was each rod checked for size and roundness? oil clearance doesn't mean much if the bearing lacks themproper crush to hold it in place. those index tabs you speak of are just that, a way to locate the bearing. they're in not intended to keep one from spinning in the housing bore.
as far as restricting oil to the top end, hogwash. it's a driver, not an all out race car.
do the oiling mods in order to get the volume of oil to the places it needs to be. use due diligence in checking housing bore sizes and other standard engine building practices and move on. engine failures are costly, doing it any way but the right way the 2nd time around is even more costly. best of luck.

My clearances were checked prior to the build in 2004, as stated, rods and mains WERE all at .0025".
The increase in oil pressure is done by me adjusting the pressure relief spring in the oil pump, up a tad. With the relief spring untouched, my pressure was at 65 psi cold and 45 hot. I wasn't comfortable with that.
Again, a question of what oil mods I should make, IF any, still has to be anwered. Remember, this is NOT a dedicated race engine. Most of the time it is street driven. DO I NEED TO MODIFY THE OILING SYSTEM????? Right now, to tell you the truth, I'm confused and getting mixed opinions as to IF I do need any mods at all.

Thanks for any input,

i'm just trying to help. did you ever check the housing bores for size and roundness? frankly, most home builders don't because they don't have the proper tools or experience to do it. 65 psi cold is a smidgen low on a cold motor, but not what i would be concerned about. what was the pressure hot at 6000 rpm? that's way more important in my book.
i'm just saying, IMO you should do the oiling mods. it's not voodoo, it helps. the basic mods are fine although i still prefer the 1/2" oil pickup.
are you running a std or high volume oil pump?

machine shop owner and engine builder