Quote:

Accually this truck is a 64.5, and the center mounted shifter like we have was used through out the 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, and 68 trucks. I just dont know the split from the wide shift arm like we have and the narrow shift arm which seems to be more common. The mechanism has 2 cables, one for the shifting, and pne for park alone I believe. I know it was a night mare to dial inn with the shifter. Has a threaded collet, and a round dial and you adjust it like a bike clutch/brake cable in a way. It just hangs out of the tranny case and points to the rear.

Kasey

A 2-cable shifter would have last been used in 1965. The gate is probably different from the later single cable ones. The transmissions starting in 1966 are lever operated and park is engaged with the same lever that does the other gear positions.

The 1964 CSS brochure shows a push button shifter. See this page - http://www.cssregistry.com/css/broch.html

I also looked at all the 1964 trucks on that site and they all have pushbutton shifters. Some cars had console shifters for the first time in 1964 and probably the 1964 A100 but it doesn't look like pickups did.