Quote:

Well i would really rather not put an electric pump on it if i dont have to.Never had one before and have no clue where to even start if i were to get one. would much rather stick with a mechanical if i can.

I understand, but as with anything performance related, one thing leads to another. Compromises need to be made. I gave up trying to use a mechanical pump on anything that's been warmed over around 1979.

Just the heat alone here in Florida can cause unexpected vapor lock even with an electric pump but it's so much more prevelant with a fuel pump that's soaking up engine heat as well. I'm not saying vapor lock is your problem it's probably not, you have a delivery problem. The 3/8 line and pickup should be sufficient but in order to insure an adequate flow of fuel I'd go electric. Carter used to make and maybe they still do a 7 psi quiet electric pump. I used two of them sucking through 3/8 lines and feeding into a single 1/2 line on my 440 Charger years ago. It ran 11.50's and never starved for fuel.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.