Hey guys im having some sort of fuel issue and i need some ideas on whats going on.7 years ago i built a new motor for my Coronet...30 over 440,10:1 Eddy heads 292 purple shaft 750 dp,torker intake,727 reverse manual valve body,3:23 gear, Mopar electronic ignition. I ran the car and it ran 12.38 falling on its face coming out of first gear. Never had time to figure out the problem.Never ran the car again. Fast forward 7 years ( after starting a family). I decided i want to go racing again. Same combo as before accept now it has a Firecore distributor,wires and coil,and an MSD 6al and a quick fuels technology 850 dp. This car has a Carter mechanical pump.
Anyway i made some runs today and it ran a pathetic 13.84 falling on its face right after shifting into 3rd gear. So i bumped my timing up and then it ran worse with a 14 something and after i hit 3rd gear everything just goes away. Ive got the pedal burried and its like sombody shuts the fuel off,. but if i ease back into it it comes back. It obviously seems to be running out of gas but is there something else i may be missing? I was told my carter pump isnt up to snuff and i should add an electric one to help.
So does it sound like that what the problem is to you guys? Ive never run an electric pump and i really would rather not but if it will fix the problem i will. So what do you guys think?.Joe