Quote:

You know the first time I read this I said COME ON IT GO A BLOWER! But the more I think of it Chrysler did the same thing in 68, purposely built drag cars to dominate.
They did for over 40 years.
It is now the time for Chrysler to set up and come out with something.

If they dont then all the hemi barracuda will be drag racing in nostalgic type events.

It's been many years since the '86 Hemi cars dominated anything but their own class. They are hard to make consistent, expensive to maintain, and even harder to bracket race in the eliminator, just like any top level class car.

The AH cars will always have their own class, they are in no danger of going away. Unfortunately, they will no longer be the showcase class, and in a class that thrives on ego feeding, that will be what makes them go away.

The big losers are the Vette and T-Bolt guys who worked their butts off to get into SS/AA. All they can do is wait until the CJ cars get hit enough they are out of AA. (And it will happen)

An SS car was in the 7's a few years ago, but I think Gallina was in SS/AS or something like that, so no one really cared.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."