Yes I drove to the track tonight and put 2 passes on my 63. I had some problems and found out it was way lean.
First pass it just would not rev good and felt real flat......11.27 @ 113 !

Yuk but my brother was watching and he said it looked good as it pulled about 6 inches under the front wheels but I said it felt real bad. I had just stuck the 850 DP on that was on my old 440 and I knew it needed more carb but I used what I had. Well we pulled the 80 primary jets and put 86's in. Car started fine and idled fine. Next and final pass for the night.........11.04 @ 121.42. Ok we made a drastic jet change to find out we are going in the right direction. We were going to pull the secondary bowl but I decided to call it a night as my back was hurting alot and my left knee was giving me alot of pain and I was not up to any more work. So I called it a night telling myself that 11.04 @ 121 is not to bad for the second ever pass on my pump gas full exh 3700 lb street car that I drove the 90 mile round trip. I will pull the carb and work it over this week. I wish I had a Dominator or a nice 950 to try but I will use what I have. I honestly think it has easy 10.80's or better and I hope to find out soon. I know I could have jetted the secondary side and came home with a 10.9 something pass but I was just not up to it. I had fun and hope to get back to the track in a month or so. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/25/11 01:37 AM.