Quote:

My thread was to solicit info or opinions about the 2 pick up pump.
If anyone's got thoughts please hollar. All responses appreciated.

My stuff has put me in the winners circle. I've gone 9.70's with a 418. Wouldn't have 30 years of racing to me credit if I was a Jethro Bo Dean

But how many more times would you have been in the winner's circle and/or possibly gone even faster if your engines would have stayed together for a "reasonable" amount of time? (Not to mention how much money you could have saved.) Being a good driver or tuner doesn't matter much if the engine doesn't run.

There is probably 300 years of racing and engine building experience in this thread telling you that your problem is solvable without experimenting with "trick" parts. If you have lost a lot of engines in the last 30 years, then you may very well have been doing something wrong. It might be by just a little bit, which would explain why some may not have had problems. But it's that "little bit" one way or the other that will make the difference. Measuring things all but eliminates that variable.

Get all the measurements and clearances checked and get a good baffled pan. What can it hurt?