Sounds like you have built a lot of engines off your eyeball and feel. I think ya need, and I mean NEED to get some mics, and bore guages and check things out.

I am running a precision pump thats blueprinted, and polished inside. My block it opened up on all the oil galleys, Ive spent hours with a diegrinder, and a flap wheel blending all my return holes, I have painted the inside with glyptol to aid in returning oil, have screens epoxied in the valley to keep any broken parts from going down farther than I like, and I have made sure all my clearances are dead on, not close, but dead on what my machinist recomended for the oil I run.

I run a charlies 9 qt pan, and with 9qts in it it still reads 1 qt low. I dont run it brimmed off, and I have never had an oil psi issue. If anything im a bit on the high side, but at temp its reading 85 on higher rpm, and 30 at idle.

Im a solid roller set up, and I have pleanty of oil to my rockers and pushrod cups.

Not to sound like a dick, but I think Id be checking my eyes, and feelers, or getting some tools to make sure you didnt miss something.

Kasey