Quote:

Thanks for looking.

I'm looking for some ideas because back in the mid '90s I lost my 360 (out of a '73 camper special) and replaced it with a 318 high compression it was a 67 I believe(?) It had a 2 barrel manifold on it so I put an adapter plat on and a 4 off of a slant 6 (with a little re jetting) that truck ran 20mpg in town and 22 down the hwy. Now I understand I will never pull 6K on the tac with that setup but it improved the bottom end and throttle response.

Now working with that experience I would think that I could gain better results with this package (NOT the MAG) but was hopping to find someone that had real world trial and error. But at the same time I'm open to maybe just taking the whole idea and throwing out the window.

I think rather then beating a dead horse I will just look at other ideas like a good torque/mpg cam and just try to think inside the box a little more.

Thank you everyone for you replies

dude this plus other things you posted are just way off. Just build a 360 with 360 heads smaller cam and carb with a normal intake and be done with it.
I will not even go into the other off the wall things posted
Basicly like Gold member says just build the 360 keep the belt system and change to carb.
Adding the 318 heads may sound good to you as you think they will be smaller and boost compression but will only hold the flow back and choke the motor up

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough