Quote:

It does make me somewhat nervous though. I never thought much of it, but Chuck from Best Machine was telling me that a low band apply valve body can be scary in some situations. Lets say you launch the car and something happens or you get squirrely. When you get out of it, all of the cars weight dives to the front..

I guess in the event of a worst case where you break an axle at 6000rpm just prior to 1-2 shift w/ a spool, and the wheels off the ground and jump OFF the throttle it may be a guaranteed handful. When you get out of it under those conditions under good traction, in a No-Band apply VB, it's time to tear the tranny apart. That's why the Non-low Band Apply units have NO 1st gear braking. The braking is the Low/REV band apply.

When I broke my drive shaft last year ... I launch ... it pulls the wheels up .... BANG ... rattle rattle bang bang. I pulled the transmission and checked the Over-running clutch finding no damage, all due to Low Band Apply. IMO It's inherently stronger by design.