Quote:

Buy a small sand blaster you can do small areas at a time. I wouldn't cover that area up without blasting it. Take it one day at a time.

don't worry, that rusty stuff WILL be addressed before new skin goes on. I'm thinking wire wheel to knock it down, rust neutralizer or acid wash, neuatralizer for the acid if I go that route, then shoot it all with zero rust from Resto-Rick.

I opened up a hole in the rocker panel inside hte door area, where the kick plates go, just for inspection. actually it was pretty good in there. all the rust so far is in the wheel tubs and lower quarter area, in front of and behind the wheels.

I checked out the 71 Cuda that AMD built. talked to the guy, and apparently about 15% of that 71 shell is original. frame rails, etc. he said everything else is brand new parts. It made a great reference to take some pics of, for how the sheetmetal is supposed to "lay" since my stock stuff is non-existent in places! not many E-body owners will let you crawl all over their car, reaching deep into the trunk to snap pics, crawl on the ground under it to look up from underneath, etc.

**Photobucket sucks**