Quote:

All I can do is relate more own experience. I have no explanation for this but it was no more difficult than a standard 24:1 box. I bought a 16:1 worm gear assembly from Firm Feel several years ago and installed it myself in an extra 24:1 box I had and installed it in a small block Duster with 15x7 aluminum wheels and 225x60 tires. Obviously not a real large tire, but still a good deal larger and wider than a stock 14 in. tire/wheel combo. Every power box I've seen has 3 1/2 turns lock to lock. the standard 24:1 manual were all over 6 turns. My 16:1 manual has right at 4 turns. As for gym memberships I am definitely NOT a Charles Atlas look alike and I am old to boot. Again I haven't any explanation for this but it was at least as easy as any of the standard boxes and it didn't wear you out with seemingly endless cranking. I know full well it should have been a real bear by theory and I was certainly expecting it to be that way. It just wasn't. I have power in the 'Cuda, but I still have the 16:1 box in my parts pile, just never know when I might use it.

it must be all in the technique cause i sure couldnt get it.

Last edited by bonefish; 07/25/11 12:55 PM.