Several of you have asked me what happened with the long winter trade deal on my Dart. To keep a very long miserable story short I'll just say it didn't work out which we all kinda knew that's the direction it was headed after the first couple months of the agreement.
The good news is I was able to check out the motor while it was out, paint it, and put it back together with all new gaskets so no leaks!
I made ALOT of the parts on the car easier to install/remove while I was putting it back together which will be nice for the next tear apart down the road if I keep it.
Since we have zero extra time or money for racing due to our son's sports(which is fine with me) we put some longer exhaust pipes on it, some 295/65/15 Drag radials thanks to Butch!! Added a power valve and jetted down, still have the MSD retard knob to knock timing down on the street. Might even switch back to a mechanical water pump.
We've been to 5 car shows the last few weeks and have gone for ice cream several times. Still craving the idea of upgrading to a new Chally or Stang soon but for now we are really enjoying this car finally!

6713981-IMG_3092.JPG (278 downloads)

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual