Moparts

Update on my Dart

Posted By: ProSport

Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:54 AM

Several of you have asked me what happened with the long winter trade deal on my Dart. To keep a very long miserable story short I'll just say it didn't work out which we all kinda knew that's the direction it was headed after the first couple months of the agreement.
The good news is I was able to check out the motor while it was out, paint it, and put it back together with all new gaskets so no leaks!
I made ALOT of the parts on the car easier to install/remove while I was putting it back together which will be nice for the next tear apart down the road if I keep it.
Since we have zero extra time or money for racing due to our son's sports(which is fine with me) we put some longer exhaust pipes on it, some 295/65/15 Drag radials thanks to Butch!! Added a power valve and jetted down, still have the MSD retard knob to knock timing down on the street. Might even switch back to a mechanical water pump.
We've been to 5 car shows the last few weeks and have gone for ice cream several times. Still craving the idea of upgrading to a new Chally or Stang soon but for now we are really enjoying this car finally!

Attached picture 6713981-IMG_3092.JPG

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:54 AM

Attached picture 6713983-IMG_3093.JPG

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:55 AM

Attached picture 6713984-IMG_3097.JPG

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:56 AM

I am very happy with the new 440Source polished aluminum valve covers!

Attached picture 6713987-IMG_3096.JPG
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:57 AM

I like when the big gun barrels stick out the side

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 12:59 AM

looks great bob
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:20 AM

Do you have a part number or application for your upper radiator hose? Mine is right up against my distributor cap. I like your setup much better
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:25 AM

Bob thats the kind of news I like to hear.You and your family are enjoying the summer together and sounds like your all enjoying the car.Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Butch

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:49 AM

Those tires are awesome...............
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:11 AM

Looks great Bob

What gaskets did you ise for gor valve covers. I tore one today trying to take the v/c off to put oil in the car . Always something man

Must be something in the air I just bought and put on a set of M/T 295/55 15 drag radial and the matching street radial for the front. I know I want to enjoy driving mine more on the street. I really don't care anymore how much it slows down

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:51 AM

Quote:

Do you have a part number or application for your upper radiator hose? Mine is right up against my distributor cap. I like your setup much better

Advance Auto Parts- #C71654 Was $10.49 back when I bought it.

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:52 AM

Quote:

I like when the big gun barrels stick out the side

I like the sound alot better than no turn outs at all. I'm gonna paint the pipes flat black.

Attached picture 6714183-IMG_3099.JPG

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:53 AM

Quote:

Yes they are, thanks for the great deal Butch!

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:57 AM

Quote:

Looks great Bob

What gaskets did you ise for gor valve covers. I tore one today trying to take the v/c off to put oil in the car . Always something man

Must be something in the air I just bought and put on a set of M/T 295/55 15 drag radial and the matching street radial for the front. I know I want to enjoy driving mine more on the street. I really don't care anymore how much it slows down

Thanks Rob, I like Roadhazards Superformance gaskets the most, but I was in a hurry and on a budget so I ran to Advance auto Parts and bought the rubber coated fiber set for $12. I've used them before with great results even re-using them.

Send me some pics of your car with the radials on when you get a chance! I'm in the same boat, ready to cruise and relax, tired of the go-fast stress/money/frustration.

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 03:06 AM

Ive been using the thin ones indy sells and havent had an issue yet! they dont tear like the thicker ones from tightening down and I just rtv them to the vc's .
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 03:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes they are, thanks for the great deal Butch!

Russ
Posted By: 4404dart

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 04:09 AM

Top notch as always Bob.
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 04:26 AM

Bob

Did you screw the radials to the rims or just leave the holes? Just curious because I have not a decision of what to do yet. I probably wont be to the track til sept.

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:28 PM

Rob I just left the holes.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:37 PM

Looks good Bob! Glad you're keeping it. Way cooler than any new challenger IMO.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:47 PM

Looks good! It's nice to have a car you can just cruise around in. It's why I don't have a dedicated race car.

BTW, I have two kids in sports now (soccer and softball) and it's so much fun. More than I ever thought it would be. So I understand.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:50 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 01:55 PM

Looks great,Bob! If I ever did another car,it would be something like yours..It would be cool to hop into my 64 and go to town with it..But there is no turning back now..
Posted By: 383man

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 02:40 PM

Glad to hear you and the family are enjoying it. Thats what its all about. Ron
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 03:07 PM

Great to here you have kept the car. Can't replace something you have put your heart and soul into!! I agree on the new stangs, they run like scalded dogs. I want a Boss. The last post on a Boss 302 had a stocker with stickys, no retune or anything going 11.72 at 118 mph! Each has its place, here's hoping you can put both old and new in your stable.
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 05:08 PM

It's fun when you re-aquaint yourself with running around on the steet. I've been driving my Road Runner a bunch, including drving it to work once a week. Have Fun Bob!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Update on my Dart - 07/05/11 05:51 PM

Life changes for those of us that weren`t born rich or set up in a sucessuful corporation deal that doesn`t dive when the economy takes a dump so you have to roll w/it and make changes to suit the times......as you and many of us have. Car looks great and if you can`t enjoy em what`s the point of having em. These are the lowest financial times ever for me and I`m doing my best to stay focused and positive which includes no drinking so that I make clear mature decisions..............we`ll get through this.
© 2024 Moparts Forums