Well Todd.. i didnt say the K-1 rods failed.. if you REread my fisrt few post you will see where i think it was a bearing falure, not a rod failure, the issue i have with the rod is that it took out the side of my block....lol...i can assure you that the man(cousin Tony) who screwed this motor together is one of those guys who irratates me to death with the "Details" of motor building..he checks,rechecks and double checks everything.. drives my crazy everytime we build a motor.. but in the past 25+ years of motor building, this is the first one that has has ANY ISSUES.. never even lost a bearing,pushrods or anything else until this motor..the reason for thr K-1 comments was another member here had sent me an email telling me that he had the same thing happen to his motor and wanted to know what happened to see if there was any common factors... So, looks like i will be looking to have someone repair my indy block in the near future..anyone knows who does the best work when it comes to repair of Alum block... Indy,I know...