What application for the engine?
What vehicle?
In my Street/Strip '71 Charger, I built a 500" stroked 400 block using the 440 source kit with 4.15" stroke crank, 6.76" rods, and 4.375" flat top pistons (499.10 cid) I used the 4.380" bore 0.040" MLS head gaskets (9.9cc) and Edelbrock Victor MaxWedge heads (about 75cc after polishing the chambers.) The block was milled so the piston sits 0.003" below deck so my compression is 12.41:1 which may be borderline for pump gas at lower altitude, but here at 6,000 ft I can run on pump gas. The block was fitted with the BCR aluminum main caps and girdle, but the water jackets are not filled. The block is the 1971 casting so it has the thicker main webbing.

Here is some of what I learned from this build:
The stroker kit only needed about 1/8" removed of the oil boss where the pickup tube screws in. No clearencing of the bores was needed.
The BCR mains and girdle are really nice. They do require boring/honing of the mains, and milling the oil pan rails so that's extra $$$ machine work. I am running the Milodon low profile oil pan, but used the pickup for the deep pan, and had to heatup and custom bent the oickup to clear the girdle. I then had to cut the windage tray to clear the oil pickup. I am running a custom Comp roller with the HXL lobes, 264/264 @ 0.050", and 0.714"/0.714" lift with 1.6:1 ratio T@D rocker arms. I was going to use a cam with more duration, but the piston/valve clearance was getting close, so lesson learned is you would want to have deeper valve notches in the pistons if using something like a 270@0.050" or larger cam.
One issue with running the low deck "B" block compared to a "RB" (440) block is the number of intake manifolds avaliable. The 440 (RB) block had a larger selection of intake manifolds. With my MaxWedge heads, I have the Indy 400-2 intake for the 4150 base Holley carb. I am running a 1,000 cfn HP Holley, but if I had more hood clearance, I would use an adaptor and run a larger Dominator carb.
On the victor heads, I had to make several changes. After messing with the heads, The Indy heads may have been easier to setup.
If you plan to run a big cam with the Victor heads, buy them bare, and use longer intake valves so you can fit a 2.00" install height valve spring. To correct the rocker geometry with the linger valve, mill off the rocker stands and use maxwedge style stands.
I did not have the engine on an engine dyno, just a chasis dyno, but it made 561 RWHP through a full 3" TTI exhaust system with the Super turbo mufflers, and with all the accessories (fan, water pump, power steering, alternator.)