I'm in the middle of assembling my next low deck stroker motor, 505 C.I.bracket motor. It is a 400 block I bought several years ago from AndyF It will have a 4.25 stroke Ohio Crankshaft CO. crank, bore is 4.350, 6.700 CAT forged steel H beam rods with BB chevy sizes on both ends and a set of custom Diamond pistons that should end up around 12.5 to 1 comp. ratio depending on which cylinder heads I use and the CC of the chambers. I thought I would post the pictures and some information on them, this is the first high compression bracket motor I've built from scratch since I moved to Oregon back in 2005. The pistons are not a max effort class pistons, but there not a shelf piston either They weigh 722.25 grams with the rings,spacers, retainers and wrist pins. The pins are the standard .990 pins as far as I know, not the real good stuff like the ultra lightweight tool steel short rascals that are avialble from Diamond, maybe next time The piston in the rear is a 1970 TRW 383 +.060 Magnum stock replacement piston. BTW, I remember why I don't like dual spiral locks on stroker pistons for low decks using long rods Enjoy

6673863-MVC-036S.JPG (284 downloads)
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 06/09/11 02:40 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)