Quote:

i was thinking of using a 4.440 or a 4.500 bore,, ive done some hemi 99 pro stock before and it didnt seem to mind a smaller bore on the intake air flow,,, if the valve notches were far off the bore to allow a good ring placement,, id run a reasonably small bore to get a 3.25 or 3.30 stroke atleast

the motor i was thinking of building was going to be about 460 inches,, morgan had built one for comp that his son was supposed to race,, which he said he ran it higher and it was down about 65hp from a 500 inch motor,, he ran 6.99 with it at 2350lbs at columbus about 5 years ago in b/a

i could run a 4.500 bore with a typical pro stock crank of 3.625 stroke and get 461 inches,, my car would be about 3200lbs in a/sma,,, id need to make about 1200hp to be real fast,, with it being a wet sump,, you could just get a used pro stock motor and sleeve it down then get new pistons,, though i know from experience that in a motor like that the sleeves will move around alot

Wow, I'm surprized that it only fell off 65 hp with the small bore. You would think valve shrouding would be a big deal? I wonder if they had to use a different cam profile?

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup