Quote:

Quote:

Must utilize a stock bore spacing 400 Block

Guys - I dont think an aftermarket block is out of the question. The given parameter is to maintain stock bore SPACING.

As for the question - thats 2.5hp/in, its gonna be tough

As for that 400, we have a bunch sitting around. I'm curious as to what can be done to increase its ability to stay together without spending the 3500+ for a block. Keep in mind this is a project for the future so this conversation is evaluating the future possibilities. My initial plan is SS/AM, my final goal is A/SMA. SS/AM only requires 9-10k. A/SMA however requires above 10k.

Essentially, we are hypothesizing a high winding motor were the valvetrain has to live. I was initially thinking that Predators or biggest B1's would be nice but both require bore sizes bigger than what can be safely had in a stock 400. I know that there is a formula or something for that relates HP potential, intake runner cc, and head flow but we all know head flow is just a number. Shape and air flow charateristics are supposed to be more important. But here is the thing though, is that those bigger heads will always choke the smaller bore engine at any rpm or that it would only choke it to a certain rpm. Also, is there not a semi machined version of either head available, if so, I could adjust valve size and ports such that its suitable for my needs. These are things I'm trying to rap my head around now so I know how to approach it later. Again any extra info is much appreciated.

PS: I though Jesel could make any valvetrain remain stable at crazy rpm's lol

Adriel Paradise
Substation Design Engineer III