Quote:

Whats a few years? 3 or 6, they will harden up. My buddy had 15yo tires that looked new, they separated at hwy speed and took out his quarter panel

How old were those tires before he started running them? With as few miles that we all put on our cars, they don't wear out. I know tires age, especially in UV light from the sun, but how many of us go buy brand new tires every 3 years even though the treads aren't worn out yet?

My dads van has been back on the road since '02, that's almost 10 years now, and he's only put about 5,000 miles on it since then. His tires are fine and show no signs of deterioration or dry rot. If he bought new tires every 3 years, he'd be on his 3rd set by now, that's $1,000 in tires that he hasn't spent... That's a lot of money!

I have a set of BF Goodrich T/As that I've run on my Dakota, maybe 10k miles total over the last 5 years, and they still look good too--they spend most of the time inside on a shelf, or in the garage if I have them mounted on the truck
How often does everybody else on here change their tires, due to age, not tread wear?

**Photobucket sucks**