Wow... i guess i'm just way more ov a gambler than the rest ov you guys. And i'm guessing you guys selling or trading in these perfectly good but old tires are the reason i can still find cheap used tires on the used racks. I've been racing and ripping around on these 'reject' tires for 20 years now... heh... my very first car had 10 year old bias plys on it. Maybe i'm lucky, but i've never had a tire issue. The older tires certainly grab less aggressively than brand new rubber, but i cant afford new. Never could.

I had a friend who thought like this too, used to think i was nuts for buying used tires. He'd rather have brand new Radial TA's than some 5 year old Z-rated summer tires... which to me is just silly.

But... i understand the reasoning here... i'd buy new if i had the means. The rollers on my Challenger have been sitting under the sun (on the car) for 11 years now. They were used when i put 'em on (pretty much just to look cool parked), and have decent tread left... but i'm guessing 15 years ov sunlight might be pushing it. Hopefully i can find some newer stuff before it hits the road. Tires are not in the budget.