S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted by jwb123
I called goodyear after three of their new trailer tires blew up on my trailer in one season. They gave me a song and dance about how trailer tires are not wear but time sensitive, when I told them it was three days after I left the tire shop when the first one blew, he said I most likely got a set that had been sitting in a warehouse too long, so he told me to always check the date of manufacture. I went to 16 inch 8 ply Light Truck tires and never had a blow out again. Just my experience. Several of my buddies did the same with the same results. I don't think the brand is all that important, just ask your dealer what he sells the most of and has good luck with.

An LT will work fine, just know to take 11% off the load rating due to flexing of the sidewall. No idea what Johnny law will say about this. I do know some shops won’t mount them if you take the trailer to their place.

I want my fair share
Re: Trailer tire advice [Re: BANDIT] #2679297
07/20/19 12:10 AM
07/20/19 12:10 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Originally Posted by BANDIT
I run a tire called “Westlake”, overseas I’m sure. 10 ply at 80 lbs cold. Dealer hear sells them to me for about $80.00 each. It’s 300 hundred miles one way to my local track, 10 times a year, with the occasional trip to Vegas or Arizona every year. I have went 3 summers on a set of these tires, compared to Carlyles and Goodyear’s junk, which I was lucky to get one season out of. I do cover them when parked and stores trailer in an unheated building during the winter. Jim

About 15 years ago my tire guy talked me into a set of those on a dually. Awesome tire. He claimed they were Michelin knockoffs. I changed them after ten years of hard use and only because that just scared me. Looked and performed fine.

I want my fair share
Page 2 of 2 1 2