Moparts

Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive

Posted By: CCG

Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/29/21 04:49 PM

Hello Moparts forum.
I wish I did not have to post this. However, Tranzact of Indy, Race Parts Wholesale Indianapolis, Joe Chrisman is not responding to any of my messages after I sent him a deposit for one of his Ultraflite transmissions on May 10th, 2021. We spoke on the phone several times, however over the last four months he will not answer the phone at (317) 846-4933, emails to tranzactracing@aol.com, or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Does someone know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to keep this money without doing his job. I also do not want anyone in this community to get ripped off by any vendors.

Thanks for any help!

Posted By: moparx

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:33 PM

i have never dealt with tranzact, but the last [almost] two years has seen so many back ordered parts and components that it makes one want to tear out what is left of my hair !
raw material shortages, labor shortages, and even fabrication supply shortages have reeked havoc in our toy world.
i know some of your frustration, but i don't have any reasonable answer for you.
at least here is a bump. i hope everything works out for you.
beer
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:35 PM

Just tried to call there to check. Goes to some sort of voicemail then the phone hangs up, cannot leave message
Posted By: jcc

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:39 PM

Maybe he is in the ICU? eek

How much was the deposit, to keep things in perspective?

Your title is totally understandable, but I think its "unresponsive"

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1974 474 Duster
Just tried to call there to check. Goes to some sort of voicemail then the phone hangs up, cannot leave message

hmmm, that's not too good for a business phone, but who knows the reason why this is ?
myself, however, i have left my answering machine/voice mail fill up with junk calls. unless i recognize the number, or expect a call from xyz, i just let it ring.
i wish something could be done with all this junk spam ripoff phone calls ! mad
beer
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:48 PM

As usual, jcc misses the central point. Then throws in rank speculation, and finally needs more info. Whew eyes! Not surprising though. Critical thinking is not part of the curriculum in 4th grade.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:56 PM

Another violation of the old business rule "if you can't deliver the parts, don't take the deposit".
Everything else is "the dog ate my homework".

#1 reason why deposits are not refunded when the shipping date is over the horizon: they already spent the money.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
As usual, jcc misses the central point. Then throws in rank speculation, and finally needs more info. Whew eyes! Not surprising though. Critical thinking is not part of the curriculum in 4th grade.

laugh2 hop
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 05:58 PM

When I get a telemarketing calls I speak German to them, especially if they are coming from over seas devil boogie
I use to hang up on them but being retired for the past 25 yrs and being on both the Orgon and federal do not call list I'm paying them back by using up there time boogie devil hammer Make them pay for the long distance costs devil

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 06:13 PM

HAHAHA !
Cab, i ask them if they like doggies ? and before they can respond, i start rambling on about how soft and cuddly doggies are, and i like chihuahuas, do you like chihuahuas ? i like little furry bunnies ! do you like bunnies ? they are very soft and cuddly ! and on and on till they hang up....................... devil blah laugh2
beer
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
HAHAHA !
Cab, i ask them if they like doggies ? and before they can respond, i start rambling on about how soft and cuddly doggies are, and i like chihuahuas, do you like chihuahuas ? i like little furry bunnies ! do you like bunnies ? they are very soft and cuddly ! and on and on till they hang up....................... devil blah laugh2
beer

I hope he is just out for vacation and the mailbox is full. Hate to see anyone get cheated.

Some guy just called me sounded East Indian, he started with my account was not in order, COX Cable. I do not have COX Cable. So I told him I was lonely and he sure had a sexy voice! He said SIR! Then I asked what he was wearing. He hung up
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
HAHAHA !
beer

Some guy just called me sounded East Indian, he started with my account was not in order, COX Cable. I do not have COX Cable. So I told him I was lonely and he sure had a sexy voice! He said SIR! Then I asked what he was wearing. He hung up

laugh2 shock
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 07:10 PM

I sure do hope it's just some bad communication with the business. I hate to see anyone get the shaft.
Side note though you guys are funny as heck. Had a guy call my brother once and ask to speak with his wife. My Brother said okay but first give me your number, The guy said why , He said if you want to talk with my wife I should get to talk with yours. He hung up.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 07:24 PM

Seems like every year or two on here there is a post about how hard this guy is to get ahold of, or other issue.
I would say making excuses for him if its been 4 months since he has bothered to communicate with you is WAY past the point of giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
When I get a telemarketing calls I speak German to them, especially if they are coming from over seas devil boogie
I use to hang up on them but being retired for the past 25 yrs and being on both the Orgon and federal do not call list I'm paying them back by using up there time boogie devil hammer Make them pay for the long distance costs devil

Being able to speak certain insulting phrases and curse words in their native language is more entertaining.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/29/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by CCG
Hello Moparts forum.
I wish I did not have to post this. However, Tranzact of Indy, Race Parts Wholesale Indianapolis, Joe Chrisman is not responding to any of my messages after I sent him a deposit for one of his Ultraflite transmissions on May 10th, 2021. We spoke on the phone several times, however over the last four months he will not answer the phone at (317) 846-4933, emails to tranzactracing@aol.com, or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Does someone know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to steal this money from me. I also do not want anyone in this community to get screwed by any vendors.

Thanks for any help!

Not what you want to hear but, google that name .. looks like several unsatisfied people with that company

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 12:38 AM

Hey. we all need a laugh, you forgot to mention what the central point was I missed, other than you have a need to state the obvious that critical thinking is not part of the curriculum n the 4th grade?

Sounds like a fairly world wide broad unsupported statement now that I think about it critically but you made it, you defend it. grin

To the OP, understand with 5? posts?, it undermines somewhat your post's credibility, no matter how factual, and don't take that personally.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 02:12 AM

A friend of mine bought 1 of joes trans brake it burnt up and brand new trans because the solinode stuck on and burnt up a 25 amp fuse tried to call joe every day for 2 months no call back ever so I told my friend to dispute the charges on his credit card and he got his full return now I have 1 of joes brake that’s junk and good for nothing thanks joe
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 11:55 AM

I've also heard bad things about Tranzact. down
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 01:57 PM

I am not being critical but I have to say this. This is not the 'Current Events-Unmoderated Forum', this is the 'Unlawfl's Race and Engine Tech Forum'. It concerns me to see some of the animosity that exists in the unmoderated forum seep out into other forums where, IMHO, it doesn't belong. I don't want this board to go under because it turned into people sniping at each other rather than discussing Mopar related subjects.

Now I'm not defending, or criticizing, anyone but there is a place for everything.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by scottb
A friend of mine bought 1 of joes trans brake it burnt up and brand new trans because the solinode stuck on and burnt up a 25 amp fuse tried to call joe every day for 2 months no call back ever so I told my friend to dispute the charges on his credit card and he got his full return now I have 1 of joes brake that’s junk and good for nothing thanks joe

I think I still have a solenoid that would fit that…. If it’s the big one like the older Griner utilized. My 727 in the Mirada had a tranzact brake. Always worked well.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

I am not being critical but I have to say this. This is not the 'Current Events-Unmoderated Forum', this is the 'Unlawfl's Race and Engine Tech Forum'. It concerns me to see some of the animosity that exists in the unmoderated forum seep out into other forums where, IMHO, it doesn't belong. I don't want this board to go under because it turned into people sniping at each other rather than discussing Mopar related subjects.

Now I'm not defending, or criticizing, anyone but there is a place for everything.

You know something? You're right.

But I would like to ask why my response to jcc was noted while the posts about the overseas telemarketers get a pass? Is my response any more off the mark than suggesting that we cuss at the caller in his own language?

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 02:26 PM

Yes I had 1 in my dart and it worked great no problems then this one would not start in park only in neutral and the shift lever was hard to move
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 02:29 PM

You know something? You're right.

But I would like to ask why my response to jcc was noted while the posts about the overseas telemarketers get a pass? Is my response any more off the mark than suggesting that we cuss at the caller in his own language?

The overseas telemarketers are not members of this board. As to the telemarketers, admittedly it is a stretch but the telemarketer comments do have some applicability to the topic of trying to reach someone. But I don't want this to turn into a peeing contest. My comments are my opinion only and carry no weight nor validity other than being my opinion.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 04:44 PM

My first customer contact came at 6:25am in the form of a text. The second rolled in at 7:15am. I hit both customer back immediately. It's not that hard to communicate with people that want to give you money.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
My first customer contact came at 6:25am in the form of a text. The second rolled in at 7:15am. I hit both customer back immediately. It's not that hard to communicate with people that want to give you money.
I agree 100 %
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 05:39 PM

I agree 100%.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 08:52 PM

Thank you all for your help!

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 08:54 PM

Thanks, that's exactly right. I see from other post he has caller ID. That's why I sent him emails and certified letters that were delivered to him and received.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

Thanks JCC. The deposit is $1,750.00. He is still unresponsive.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 08:59 PM

HAHAHA !
beer

I hope he is just out for vacation and the mailbox is full. Hate to see anyone get cheated.

Thanks 340six. I'm pretty sure he is not on vacation. He did receive certified letters. I hope this never happens to any Moparts members!
Posted By: A727Tflite

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 09/30/21 09:05 PM

I assume you mailed a check.

Contact your local United States Postal Inspector.

Make sure you have a copy of the check he cashed. Provide facts and timing to the Inspector.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
Seems like every year or two on here there is a post about how hard this guy is to get ahold of, or other issue.
I would say making excuses for him if its been 4 months since he has bothered to communicate with you is WAY past the point of giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks B3422W5. Yes I see the other complaints as well. I am hoping someone gets a message to him to clear this up.

Be safe out there!

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by polyspheric
Another violation of the old business rule "if you can't deliver the parts, don't take the deposit".
Everything else is "the dog ate my homework".

#1 reason why deposits are not refunded when the shipping date is over the horizon: they already spent the money.

Thanks Polyspheric.
I've heard that quote before but always got a resolution. that quote doesn't work for anyone in business.

Take care.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
Originally Posted by CCG
Hello Moparts forum.
I wish I did not have to post this. However, Tranzact of Indy, Race Parts Wholesale Indianapolis, Joe Chrisman is not responding to any of my messages after I sent him a deposit for one of his Ultraflite transmissions on May 10th, 2021. We spoke on the phone several times, however over the last four months he will not answer the phone at (317) 846-4933, emails to tranzactracing@aol.com, or certified letters sent to his address 503 North Arthur Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46280. Does someone know how to contact him? I hope he is not trying to steal this money from me. I also do not want anyone in this community to get screwed by any vendors.

Thanks for any help!

Not what you want to hear but, google that name .. looks like several unsatisfied people with that company

Thanks Bigdad.

Yeah I see the other complaints. He must know about them. I have seen he has finally taken care of some customers and hope the same happens here.

Take care.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah. I know right? I am in business too and would never do that to a customer. I still don't get it. I'm just trying to get this resolved.

Take care.
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 09/30/21 11:24 PM

All sympathy for the problem.
However, I suggest you not use accusations such as fraud (even when it's possibly true), because, in a legal sense, prosecution for fraud requires proof of prior intent (he planned to steal the money). Failure to perform the terms of a contract is a civil liability, but not a criminal act.

Failure to return the money is not strictly speaking theft, it's a term many have never seen used before in this context. He did not steal the money (which was entrusted to him in exchange for goods and/or services). Instead "he converted it for his own use". This is perhaps the most frequent cause of disbarment of attorneys: embezzling client's funds from an escrow account.

Although nothing like universally practiced, many Courts will award attorney's fees, filing fees, expert testimony compensation, etc. to the winner in civil suits, especially if the loser's behavior has been obstructive (foot dragging, low-ball settlement offers, pointless adjournments) rather than defensive. Can't hurt to tell him this in polite language.

Have you tried Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Facebook etc?
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/01/21 12:29 AM

Perfectly articulated. Thanks.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/01/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by CCG
Originally Posted by jcc

I feel your pain/frustration, been there done that.
Well that is serious money.
The amount of money is not really important as the principle is the same if it was even say $1.98.
What the amount does indicate to me, its enough for the vendor to profitably, in his eyes, avoid you.
Its likely a case of a small vendor going down hill and robbing Peter to pay Paul, and he ran out of Peters.
Good Luck.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/01/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by CCG
Originally Posted by jcc

I feel your pain/frustration, been there done that.
Well that is serious money.
The amount of money is not really important as the principle is the same if it was even say $1.98.
What the amount does indicate to me, its enough for the vendor to profitably, in his eyes, avoid you.
Its likely a case of a small vendor going down hill and robbing Peter to pay Paul, and he ran out of Peters.
Good Luck.

It's not a case of a vendor "going down hill" as you put it. They've always been like this!

Some 11 odd years ago they were doing the same thing to members of this board.

One of the main reasons I do a search here for products before buying.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/772376/tranzact-what-a-joke.html

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/01/21 03:25 AM

This is like arguing over placement of the deck chairs on the Titanic.
The Titaniic sank in a few hours, it might have taken Tranzact 11 years.
Until proven here otherwise, 'lllI stand by my summation.

Very few vendors start out and can remain in business for over 10 years if their business model is to rip off every customer and then hide.
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/02/21 01:57 AM

I’ve bought Couple transbrakes valvebodys, they both work extremely well,
It’s Been 10 years since I purchased one though.
Jim F

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 10/02/21 05:32 PM

However, I suggest you not use accusations such as fraud (even when it's possibly true), because, in a legal sense, prosecution for fraud requires proof of prior intent (he planned to steal the money). Failure to perform the terms of a contract is a civil liability, but not a criminal act.

Failure to return the money is not strictly speaking theft, it's a term many have never seen used before in this context. He did not steal the money (which was entrusted to him in exchange for goods and/or services). Instead "he converted it for his own use". This is perhaps the most frequent cause of disbarment of attorneys: embezzling client's funds from an escrow account.

Although nothing like universally practiced, many Courts will award attorney's fees, filing fees, expert testimony compensation, etc. to the winner in civil suits, especially if the loser's behavior has been obstructive (foot dragging, low-ball settlement offers, pointless adjournments) rather than defensive. Can't hurt to tell him this in polite language.

several building contractors have been on the local spotlight lately for doing the same thing; acquiring money from the owners for contracted jobs, then not delivering on the work.
"converting for one's personal use" is the charge applied. there are also a couple of people accused of diverting funds from different governmental institutions around here as well. "for personal use" is charged, as well as embezzlement.
i do not like people like this ! down
beer

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 10/06/21 10:00 PM

Thanks Polysheric.

I will check Yelp, and FB. The BBB had nothing yet. I actually liked speaking with Joe, but he is going too far. I have always been polite to him. I just hopes someoncontacts him so we can get this resolved ASAP.

Have a great day.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 10/06/21 10:03 PM

i have never dealt with tranzact, but the last [almost] two years has seen so many back ordered parts and components that it makes one want to tear out what is left of my hair !
raw material shortages, labor shortages, and even fabrication supply shortages have reeked havoc in our toy world.
i know some of your frustration, but i don't have any reasonable answer for you.
at least here is a bump. i hope everything works out for you.
beer

Thanks for the bump MorarX! I did not want to post this in the first place.

Stay safe!

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman unresponsive - 10/06/21 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1974 474 Duster

Thanks 1974 474 Duster.

I have called probably 100 times and the same happens to me.

Be safe!

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/06/21 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kindafast
I sure do hope it's just some bad communication with the business. I hate to see anyone get the shaft.
Side note though you guys are funny as heck. Had a guy call my brother once and ask to speak with his wife. My Brother said okay but first give me your number, The guy said why , He said if you want to talk with my wife I should get to talk with yours. He hung up.

Thanks Kindafast.

I wish it was just bad communication but it is no communication at this point, yet. I would love to report back that he called me back and we got it resolved.

Be safe.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/06/21 10:10 PM

HAHAHA !
beer

Thanks 340 SIX.

Four now five months would be a long vacation for sure. You can't leave him a message so his mailbox cannot be full.

Again thanks 340SIX.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/06/21 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JCFcuda
I’ve bought Couple transbrakes valvebodys, they both work extremely well,
It’s Been 10 years since I purchased one though.
Jim F

Thanks JCFcuda.

I have one of his valve bodies too and it works fine. My new problem is I need him to get this resolved.

Be safe out there.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 10/07/21 01:48 AM

Well if you get your hard earned pesos back give Dave or Darren Smith a call at Pro Trans in Waco Tx. They’ll build you what you need.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 11/15/21 11:51 PM

Any update? Get what you paid for or a refund?

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 12/01/21 02:37 AM

Thanks 340 six, but no he is not responding even to certified letters being sent multiple times.
Is there a better section of Moparts to post this?
Again, thanks 340 six!
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 12/01/21 03:06 AM

Does anyone know if he is doing ok, health wise ?
A buddy of mine had Joe build a 451 and 572 short blocks years ago.
He also had Joe build him a 727 with a brake, Joe gave him a deal on the trans.
I called him for a trans and he gave me the same price as my buddy, I believe at the time it was 1250, instead of 1500.
I was happy with it, worked great, couldn’t kill it. Hope he’s ok, hope you get your money.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 12/01/21 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by B1duster
I called him for a trans and he gave me the same price as my buddy, I believe at the time it was 1250, instead of 1500.
I was happy with it, worked great, couldn’t kill it. Hope he’s ok, hope you get your money.

Frankly, at 1200-1500 bucks the trans has 98% stock 50 year old parts in it. Its purely good fortune something that old lives a happy life leaning on it, not anything anybody did or didnt do.

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 12/01/21 01:47 PM

Thanks B1 Duster and Merry Christmas to you!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 03/04/22 06:23 PM

Read on Facebook that Joe had a Stroke,

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 06/26/22 11:50 AM

Hello 70AARCuda.

Can you please share that Facebook post for us.

Thanks!

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 06/26/22 09:22 PM

Still can’t believe nobody has any info on his whereabouts / condition….
Posted By: B1duster

Re: Tranzact of Indy Joe Chrisman irresponsive - 06/27/22 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by B1duster

Frankly, at 1200-1500 bucks the trans has 98% stock 50 year old parts in it. Its purely good fortune something that old lives a happy life leaning on it, not anything anybody did or didnt do.

It was like 20 years ago. It had a billet trans brake, and a bunch of custom parts
© 2024 Moparts Forums