Posted By: ccdave

New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 02:58 AM

Thoughts ?

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 03:10 AM

Wow......PRETTY! But I would like to see more oil drainage in the tray---specifically at the bottom of the tray, passenger side......
Posted By: littlejohn44

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 03:26 AM

sweet ! Who's it made by?
Posted By: earthmover

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 03:31 AM

Got it on my 451 when I had it running no problems at all ..but once I pulled the timing cover off a few times the little ridges came off ..easy fix gasket maker fixed it right up.
Posted By: twayne24365

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 03:34 AM

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performance+P...4ZjdhoCXaXw_wcB

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 03:57 AM

Magnum automotive group. Former Fel Pro guys.

Part # OS84012
Posted By: B3RE

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 04:13 AM

Just put one on a 470 build. Sealed up nice, and way better than doubling up gaskets that are going to relax, leak, and let the pan bolts loosen. Beats a bunch of silicone, too.
Posted By: Challenger340

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 04:25 AM

We've been using them for quite a while now, no problems to report, nice piece.
Posted By: CTD5.9

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 04:26 AM

looks great, would probably look like swiss cheese once I got my truck pickup tube on that one though.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 06:04 AM

Okay, I'll bite. What is the stroke, rod journal diameter, etc. and does it fit well? I had a post a while back on windage trays for strokers that allowed me to buy three or four trays to finally figure out that a stock depth part would work.

I can dig up a link if needed.

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 06:53 AM

I'm running a 4.250 stroke. Stock size would have fit fine however the stroker size tray fits due to the extra long studs used with the girdle I installed
Posted By: rebel

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 07:06 AM

I bought one for my stroker build too but thought the oil reliefs were too small so I got creative with the small die grinder & opened up the slots a bit more.

Attached picture 20151027_215437.jpg
Posted By: Sammy

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 02:38 PM

How about for a 4.75 stroke motor? This Windage tray would compliment my Charlies Oil Pan if it ever gets made. Been waiting for 7 weeks now.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 04:05 PM

Looks VERY nice!

-Dave
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/19/15 05:11 PM

I used one on my last build a few weeks ago. Fit perfect. Mine was for a 4.15 stroke. Seems fine so far.
Have only ran motor for about an hour total time on test stand and in car, no driving yet.
Posted By: BradH

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/20/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
... I would like to see more oil drainage in the tray---specifically at the bottom of the tray, passenger side...

That's an understatement, IMO. Anything that close to the bottom of the crank w/o drainage capability for the oil spinning around is probably just a spring-board for the oil to get thrown back into the crank.

In an older post of mine, I show modifications I've done to both an OEM-style tray and an aftermarket piece. Look HERE for that thread, and a variety of pics linked to it.

Re: New oil pan gasket/windage tray BB - 12/24/15 03:37 AM

I have no idea what you are talking about Brad😳😳😳 Mine came with slotsπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

© 2024 Moparts Forums