Mississippi
M
Mr. T Offline OP
super stock
Mr. T  Offline OP
super stock
M

Mississippi
I have been chasing gremlins all season. The season started with the car being very inconsistent. A new set of valve springs seemed to pretty much fix that. I went racing again this past weekend. I noticed some misfire above 5,000 r.p.m. A good friend of mine who is a retired Chrysler tech., suspected the orange box was going away. Sunday, he loaned me a chrome box to try. Saturday night the last pass was a 7.79. Sunday morning after the chrome box was installed, the first pass was a 7.64. Nothing else on the car, besides the box was changed. I was quite astounded by the difference. Has anybody else seen this much change when going from the orange box to the chrome?

Re: Lower E,T.'s by just changing the box? [Re: Mr. T] #995238
05/18/11 10:50 PM
05/18/11 10:50 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

I have been chasing gremlins all season. The season started with the car being very inconsistent. A new set of valve springs seemed to pretty much fix that. I went racing again this past weekend. I noticed some misfire above 5,000 r.p.m. A good friend of mine who is a retired Chrysler tech., suspected the orange box was going away. Sunday, he loaned me a chrome box to try. Saturday night the last pass was a 7.79. Sunday morning after the chrome box was installed, the first pass was a 7.64. Nothing else on the car, besides the box was changed. I was quite astounded by the difference. Has anybody else seen this much change when going from the orange box to the chrome?

All I ever used was the chrome box when I ran the
Chrysler stuff(because of the high revs I turn)...
but I can see it with the chrome box over the orange