03/12/11 02:42 AM
03/12/11 02:42 AM
Las Vegas, NV
dodgeboy11 Offline
super stock
dodgeboy11  Offline
super stock

Las Vegas, NV
most of what kills a roller lifter is too much lash. The wheel needs to stay on the lobe, if it bounces, things break. Need enough pressure to keep it in contact. On the flip side, too much pressure without enough oil can cause the needles to fail. I don't have any answers on what's the best for your application. Be nice if you could get some Isky pressurized bushed roller lifters, but I understand they are very sensitive to dirt in the oil.

Re: Will solid rollers live in a street vehicle? [Re: dodgeboy11] #946389
03/12/11 09:33 AM
03/12/11 09:33 AM
Canton, Ohio
Crazy68Dart Offline
pro stock
Crazy68Dart  Offline
pro stock

Canton, Ohio
I am not an engine builder, but I can't see why you would not want to use a rev kit. Anything you can do to better control the valve train in my opinion is a good thing. That and being able to take some pressure off things on the top side by reducing valve spring pressure seems smart. I would guess their use has been limited "recently" due to valve spring tech catching up with cam profiles. However, not all new things are good.

I actually had a rev kit for an RB setup years ago. I got a set of Isky solid rollers second hand and got the rev kit with them. Sent everything to Isky to have it checked out, lifters came back, rev kit did not, lol. They swore up and down they never saw the rev kit, so I'm not sure what happened. Either way, I would run one, the premise just makes sense to me. Especially for a street setup by allowing you to reduce valve spring pressure.

Since I have never actually installed one or saw one personally installed, what is the trick? Is there anything that needs to be done to the heads to make sure the top plate does not move around? Does the rev kit have to go on with the heads, or can it be inserted after the fact?

383, Hemi 4-Speed, AlterKtion, D60
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4