Quote:

Choosing a cam that would be lucky to make 1hp per cube and trying to find a link to what you can do with a late model hemi or LS is fantasy land. Either engine can be upgraded easily in the cam dept if big output is the name of the game,but you may have a little loss of idle vac,big deal IMO. I guess when you've swapped and tested cams in a vehicle and not on desktop dyno or a magazine add you see things from a different perspective. To the OP sorry to see your post pop off track. To the point, I have never ran that cam but have known others that tried it,never seen an over achiever in the bunch(obviously lots of pieces to any combo),but I'll keep my eyes open. I think in the future I'll shut up and just say you'll love it and go about my business.LOL Lot's of good tech has vanished from Moparts and other sites,wonder why?

well, I'm just working off my own experience, too, when I built my latest motor, for a heavy vehicle that I wanted to try maximize power and economy....I went with a roller cam, though, since it was a roller 318 block. the roller cam is a custom regrind by bulletcams, using their HR259/316 lobe. yeah, it's puny at 259 advertised, 208@.050, but it's got a healthy 127@.2" lift, and .316" lobe lift. .2" duration compares to a 10 degree larger comp XE262's intake lobe, which is 130 degrees. running this cam with some home ported magnum heads (and their 1.6 ratio rockers, resulting in .506" lift at the valve), headers and an RPM air gap pushes my 3900 lb 5th ave into the 14's...not blistering fast for some, but respectable. it'll keep up with a 5.7L LX, and also return 17+ mpg in mixed driving...drop this motor into my duster, I'd expect it to be in the 13's, and a lot of guys are running similar cams in gen 1 dak's with 5.2L's and getting into the 13's.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)