11/14/10 01:47 PM
Arizona
Chucklehead Offline
super stock
Chucklehead  Offline
super stock

Arizona
Quote:

heres what I think about the NHRA national events, it's a show for the fans who are alittle less involved in racing. I enjoy going to hear and smell the nitro I like the prostock but it is not what it used to be either. all custom made 1 off pieces not factory iron we are our own worst enemies. we wanted sponsorship and big money now we have it. this is what it breeds. back in the day when the drivers worked on the cars and drove the car carriers that was racing. now it's jsut another WWE

Still Broke
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Quicktree] #853113
11/14/10 04:14 PM
11/14/10 04:14 PM
Chowchilla,ca
Chassisman Offline
master
Chassisman  Offline
master

Chowchilla,ca
Quote:

heres what I think about the NHRA national events, it's a show for the fans who are alittle less involved in racing. I enjoy going to hear and smell the nitro I like the prostock but it is not what it used to be either. all custom made 1 off pieces not factory iron we are our own worst enemies. we wanted sponsorship and big money now we have it. this is what it breeds. back in the day when the drivers worked on the cars and drove the car carriers that was racing. now it's jsut another WWE

.....or MONSTER TRUCK show....lol

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Chassisman] #853114
11/14/10 04:21 PM
11/14/10 04:21 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

.....or MONSTER TRUCK show....lol

I have been calling the monster truck circuit the " professional wrestling for gear heads " for years now.
You couldn't be more correct.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Quicktree] #853115
11/14/10 04:25 PM
11/14/10 04:25 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
Quote:

Quote:

I most certainly would not be happy if one of the Mopar teams gave team orders to win a championship. A few years back Schumacher had Scelzi lay down for Bazemore when Whit was in the title hunt (actually, Scelzi had lane choice and intentionally took the bad lane). That was a low point for me as a Mopar drag fan, and I lost a lot of respect for The Don that day. I gained some of that respect back a few weeks later when he admitted it, said he was wrong, and said they'd never do it again.

Phil Burgess from National Dragster is asking fans to contribute their favorite moments from the first 60 years of the NHRA for a special they're doing next year. Right at the top of the list I sent him is when Melanie Troxel raced a team-mate straight up with her spot in the Countdown on the line, and she lost. Melanie does not have the backing John Force does. She has to scramble to get a ride every year. Getting in the Countdown is potentially big for her career. And she raced straight-up. That's how drag racing should be. I want to spend my money and time on a product that's fair, not fixed. I deserve better than John Force's team manipulating championships by having team-mates lay down for each other.

Call me a simpleton, naive, whatever, but when I'm teaching my five-year-old twins the right way to behave, I'm using Melanie Troxel as an example, not John Force.

so what, todays NHRA is not about racing and doing whats right it's about big money, sponsorship etc. it's nothing but a show plain and simple.if they were concerned about team cars taking a dive so the other team car can win a championship there wouldn't be team cars. you are your kids biggest role model forget about Troxel, Force or anyone else.

Why is it that the more money that's involved, the more apt we are to let unscrupulous behavior slide? Seems to be a trend in everything these days, and is indicative of things gone wrong in general. Money can't buy a clean conscious. Just one more reason I am done with the Nitro freak show.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Sixpak] #853116
11/14/10 05:14 PM
11/14/10 05:14 PM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Hagan went out first round, so moot point.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853117
11/14/10 08:06 PM
11/14/10 08:06 PM
British Columbia
T
toddd Offline
super stock
toddd  Offline
super stock
T

British Columbia
I liked John Force when he was a struggling independant blowing up his crap at every match race...could care less about the guy now.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: MRMOPAR622] #853118
11/15/10 02:09 AM
11/15/10 02:09 AM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Quote:

with what Jeffaary said

Hagen got Tasca the other JR racing Team mate 1st round.So all the so called JF brain trust will be tuning his car Force has a gimmie 1st round

May the Best Man Win the Championship today!!!

Oh please...Hagen losing in the 1st round was no gimme. Hagen had him covered until the motor went away. Bottom line, no dives, no team orders, no internet gossipy-BS...the best car/team/driver in the chase won the title! WAY TO GO JOHN!!!

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: cudadoug] #853119
11/15/10 03:20 AM
11/15/10 03:20 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Quote:

with what Jeffaary said

Hagen got Tasca the other JR racing Team mate 1st round.So all the so called JF brain trust will be tuning his car Force has a gimmie 1st round

:Oh please...Hagen losing in the 1st round was no gimme. Hagen had him covered until the motor went away. Bottom line, no dives, no team orders, no internet gossipy-BS...the best car/team/driver in the chase won the title! WAY TO GO JOHN!!!

iagree:

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Cab_Burge] #853120
11/15/10 08:47 AM
11/15/10 08:47 AM
Chicago, Illinois
donscuda Offline
top fuel
donscuda  Offline
top fuel

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

with what Jeffaary said

:Oh please...Hagen losing in the 1st round was no gimme. Hagen had him covered until the motor went away. Bottom line, no dives, no team orders, no internet gossipy-BS...the best car/team/driver in the chase won the title! WAY TO GO JOHN!!!

iagree:

I agree also, John's a class act, and I respect what he's done for the sport in both publicity and saftey. He also does a lot of work for some of the charities around the country that he never mentions in interviews... I remember, the first time I was introduced to him was at a charity dinner for the local Boys and Girls Club of Chicagoland.. It was in January, when you would think he would be busy back in Ca getting ready for the Winternationals, but he came out to Chicago, along with several other champions for other forms of motorsports to have this charity banquet... (and he has come out more than once for this banquet...)

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: cudadoug] #853121
11/15/10 11:40 AM
11/15/10 11:40 AM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Quote:

Quote:

Oh please...Hagen losing in the 1st round was no gimme. Hagen had him covered until the motor went away. Bottom line, no dives, no team orders, no internet gossipy-BS...the best car/team/driver in the chase won the title! WAY TO GO JOHN!!!

He won with good reaction times and fast tuneups! Don

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853122
11/15/10 12:15 PM
11/15/10 12:15 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

So qualifiying just ended at Pomona, and the old man needs to pick up two rounds on Matt Hagan to win the title. The top four qualifiers are:

1) The cheater's daughter (Ashley)

2) The cheater (John Force)

3) The cheater's son-in-law (Hight)

4) Matt Hagan

If the seeds hold to the semis, then Ashley beats Matt, what are the chances that Force vs. Hight and then daddy vs. daughter will be on the level? Based on last year's Team Farce shenanigans I give it about zero percent...

You need to get back in touch with reality. You don't like it? Get about 20 million together and beat him. Don't have 20 million? Go back to cutting your grass and boycott the parts/services he advertises.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: BobR] #853123
11/15/10 12:24 PM
11/15/10 12:24 PM
Mo.
S
supercomp Offline
master
supercomp  Offline
master
S

Mo.
Quote:

Quote:

So qualifiying just ended at Pomona, and the old man needs to pick up two rounds on Matt Hagan to win the title. The top four qualifiers are:

1) The cheater's daughter (Ashley)

2) The cheater (John Force)

3) The cheater's son-in-law (Hight)

4) Matt Hagan

If the seeds hold to the semis, then Ashley beats Matt, what are the chances that Force vs. Hight and then daddy vs. daughter will be on the level? Based on last year's Team Farce shenanigans I give it about zero percent...

Really burns when he won it fair and square don't it.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: supercomp] #853124
11/15/10 02:34 PM
11/15/10 02:34 PM
Arizona
J
Jeffaary Offline OP
Jeffaary  Offline OP
J

Arizona
Quote:

You are missing the point of this thread. It doesn't burn me at all. He won fair and square. That doesn't mean he would have won fair and square if the seeds had held. Based on previous years, specifically last year, I'm pretty sure what would have happened yesterday if the top four qualifiers made the semis.

It should burn you that this type of behavior is allowed...

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Jeffaary] #853125
11/15/10 03:15 PM
11/15/10 03:15 PM
Mo.
S
supercomp Offline
master
supercomp  Offline
master
S

Mo.
Quote:

Quote:

You are missing the point of this thread. It doesn't burn me at all. He won fair and square. That doesn't mean he would have won fair and square if the seeds had held. Based on previous years, specifically last year, I'm pretty sure what would have happened yesterday if the top four qualifiers made the semis.

I still haven't seen any proof he threw the race.
Just a lot of speculation.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: supercomp] #853126
11/15/10 08:02 PM
11/15/10 08:02 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Force got caught with his hand in the cookie jar at Indy last year.

Force got caught with his hand in the cookie jar when Tony P dove err, drove for him. Force admittted then that there were team orders.

Bryce, Schumacher, Kalitta have all done it, that's why there is a rule against it now.

That's what happens when racing is about money, it is just business. If I had the investment in time, money, and people John does, I'd do it too.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: supercomp] #853127
11/15/10 08:57 PM
11/15/10 08:57 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Stevie Wonder SAW it.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: QuickBpBp] #853128
11/15/10 09:49 PM
11/15/10 09:49 PM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
If you work for someone, don't you do what they pay you for?

I think Ford, Castrol, and AAA were the ones giving the 20+ million $$$$ a year orders..

For that coin, I would be yes sir also..

Chris..

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: Chris'sBarracuda] #853129
11/16/10 12:07 AM
11/16/10 12:07 AM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

I think Ford, Castrol, and AAA were the ones giving the 20+ million $$$$ a year orders..

Chris..

just don't say it didn't happen...It's big business,nothing more...

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: QuickBpBp] #853130
11/16/10 12:31 PM
11/16/10 12:31 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Chris..

just don't say it didn't happen...It's big business,nothing more...

They are PROFESSIONAL RACERS. Of course it's about business but I hesitate to call it BIG.

Re: Will Team Farce Strike Again??? [Re: slantzilla] #853131
11/16/10 01:15 PM
11/16/10 01:15 PM
Tampa Florida
dc426 Offline
gotta keep'm separated
dc426  Offline
gotta keep'm separated

Tampa Florida
I'm not sure why drag racing is different from any other team motor sport. "What's best for the team", "team orders" and "protect the points leader" have been around since the beginning of racing and widely accepted in all kinds of motor sports. So tell me, why is it different in drag racing?
DC

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3