Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: canpilot] #826565
12/29/10 07:38 AM
12/29/10 07:38 AM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

If we don't preserve history, we don't have any history, it's that simple. There are things that given what we know, we just don't do - like putting tattoos on your 3 year old or cooking up our dog for something new to try ( in our countries, anyway ). The company doing this work is also culpable for this. If they truly cared for the preservation of history and just working ethically, they would have turned down the job. Alot of people in this hobby understand that, most don't. We see it all the time in the TV shows and all over the net - these cars fall into the wrong hands and people wreck them. Too many people are getting rich from doing the wrong thing - part of our society. Money is worth more than ethics. Hopefully this "chop shop" loses some business from people seeing this post.

What a shame.

And here I thought this thread had finally died.

It's a car folks! It's not a work of art, it was something that was mass produced, there just weren't many ordered in this particular combination.

The owner can do whatever he wants with it including accidentally slamming it into a wall at the track.

The shop has committed no foul by doing what the owner of the car wants done.
They would be idiots to not do the work if the owner of the car still wants it done.

The number of self righteous people on this board that think they have the right to tell other people what they must do with their car amazes me.

Neither you, me or anyone else has the right to decide what the man does with his car.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: SNK-EYZ] #826566
12/29/10 08:41 AM
12/29/10 08:41 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

The number of self righteous people on this board that think they have the right to tell other people what they must do with their car amazes me.

Neither you, me or anyone else has the right to decide what the man does with his car.

Words of wisdom, too bad it falls on deaf ears here for some

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: canpilot] #826567
12/29/10 09:28 AM
12/29/10 09:28 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

If we don't preserve history, we don't have any history, it's that simple. There are things that given what we know, we just don't do - like putting tattoos on your 3 year old or cooking up our dog for something new to try ( in our countries, anyway ). The company doing this work is also culpable for this. If they truly cared for the preservation of history and just working ethically, they would have turned down the job. Alot of people in this hobby understand that, most don't. We see it all the time in the TV shows and all over the net - these cars fall into the wrong hands and people wreck them. Too many people are getting rich from doing the wrong thing - part of our society. Money is worth more than ethics. Hopefully this "chop shop" loses some business from people seeing this post.

What a shame.

That's some funny stuff right there

The shop is culpable ...

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: JohnRR] #826568
12/29/10 11:05 AM
12/29/10 11:05 AM
South-Central (Sebring), FL
Commando1 Offline
master
Commando1  Offline
master

South-Central (Sebring), FL
I see lots of stuff where I think "what an azzole" and then I move on. That's it. I shake my head in amazement and move on. There's more of them than there are of us. Pick your battles.

Now about those stick-on portholes from PepBoys...

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Commando1] #826569
12/29/10 12:40 PM
12/29/10 12:40 PM
Danville, NH
M
Mopar_Mike Offline
master
Mopar_Mike  Offline
master
M

Danville, NH
Might as well add my two cents..

Bottom line is its his car and he can and do what he wants with it..

However,

There have been some good points opposing that idea. I as well as some others feel the car should have been left alone and money spent elsewhere to achieve what the owner wants out of owning a Mopar.

It is far more than "just a car".. 40 years ago, sure, not now. It is part of a history that is quickly going away and fewer and fewer real examples are left, especially this rare.

But, the bottom line its his car to do what he wants to make him happy..

Oh, did I tell you my family tree goes back to the civil war and we have personal written letters from Gen Lee to the soldiers of the war. However, it was really cold last night up here in the east and we needed some paper to start up the fireplace.. needless to say the letters are all gone.. but what the heck, they were just old pieces of paper.. and by the way 15th century furniture wood really burns for a long time.. So long I had to smother the fire out with an old native American blanket that my old dog use to have before I could go to bed.

Last edited by Mopar_Mike; 12/29/10 01:54 PM.
Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Mopar_Mike] #826570
12/29/10 02:02 PM
12/29/10 02:02 PM
Wisconsin
A
Aero426 Offline
I Live Here
Aero426  Offline
I Live Here
A

Wisconsin
Quote:

Oh, did I tell you my family tree goes back to the civil war and we have personal written letters from Gen Lee to the soldiers of war. However, it was really cold last night up here in the east and we needed some paper to start up the fireplace.. needless to say the letters are all gone.. but what the heck, they were just old pieces of paper.. and by the way 15th century furniture chair wood really burns for a long time..

Good point.

While I'd never do it, the owner can do what he wants with his car. Hack away! There is no law against making unwise choices with your own property.

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Mopar_Mike] #826571
12/29/10 02:16 PM
12/29/10 02:16 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Might as well add my two cents..

Bottom line is its his car and he can and do what he wants with it..

However,

There have been some good points opposing that idea. I as well as some others feel the car should have been left alone and money spent elsewhere to achieve what the owner wants out of owning a Mopar.

It is far more than "just a car".. 40 years ago, sure, not now. It is part of a history that is quickly going away and fewer and fewer real examples are left, especially this rare.

But, the bottom line its his car to do what he wants to make him happy..

Oh, did I tell you my family tree goes back to the civil war and we have personal written letters from Gen Lee to the soldiers of the war. However, it was really cold last night up here in the east and we needed some paper to start up the fireplace.. needless to say the letters are all gone.. but what the heck, they were just old pieces of paper.. and by the way 15th century furniture wood really burns for a long time.. So long I had to smother the fire out with an old native American blanket that my old dog use to have before I could go to bed.

In the grand scheme of life it's still just a car, just like an antique wood chair or old papers are just something to burn if you don't want to freeze to death.

In life people do what ever they choose to or need too as long as their not breaking the law or hurting another person there's not much anyone can or should do.

It's a 1 of 2 built because no one wanted that combination back in 1967.
Because no one ordered many that way means that the owner for 43 years loses his right to do what he wants with the car?

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: SNK-EYZ] #826572
12/29/10 07:58 PM
12/29/10 07:58 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

It's a 1 of 2 built because no one wanted that combination back in 1967.
Because no one ordered many that way means that the owner for 43 years loses his right to do what he wants with the car?

I think it's 1 of 2 because Chrysler stopped offering the Hemi in that model but a couple got out the door somehow?

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Mopar_Mike] #826573
12/29/10 07:59 PM
12/29/10 07:59 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Did you video it to put on youtube , that would be wonderful to have seen.

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Aero426] #826574
12/29/10 09:07 PM
12/29/10 09:07 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, did I tell you my family tree goes back to the civil war and we have personal written letters from Gen Lee to the soldiers of war. However, it was really cold last night up here in the east and we needed some paper to start up the fireplace.. needless to say the letters are all gone.. but what the heck, they were just old pieces of paper.. and by the way 15th century furniture chair wood really burns for a long time..

Good point.

While I'd never do it, the owner can do what he wants with his car. Hack away! There is no law against making unwise choices with your own property.

Sure there is, just try an burn down your own house!

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hacked! [Re: Rhinodart] #826575
12/30/10 12:28 AM
12/30/10 12:28 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good point.

Sure there is, just try an burn down your own house!

BUT , if you OWN the house outright AND you are not trying to collect on insurance you could burn your house down to your hearts content, though the greennazi's might take issue with you adding to global warming

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hac [Re: JohnRR] #826576
12/30/10 10:41 AM
12/30/10 10:41 AM
Warrenton, VA
RoadRunnerJD Offline
master
RoadRunnerJD  Offline
master

Warrenton, VA
It's more like taking a house that has been in the family for 40 years. The neighborhood you live in is now considered an historic district. The house is paid for and appreciated greatly and all your neighbors are old and set in their way and you decide that painting it lime green with pink trim and purple shutters, putting in wall-to-wall shag carpets with extra tacking strips on the nice original hardwood floors, rip out the curved staircase and put in metal steps, turquoise vinyl furniture and a John Deere tractor mail box at the front door will be a good idea...and then you don't understand why the neighbors should care! The town historical/ architectural society will have something to say about it even if it is your house.

Re: 1 of 2 Known 67 Hemi 4 Speed Belvedere Sedan - Hac [Re: RoadRunnerJD] #826577
12/30/10 12:54 PM
12/30/10 12:54 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

It's more like taking a house that has been in the family for 40 years. The neighborhood you live in is now considered an historic district. The house is paid for and appreciated greatly and all your neighbors are old and set in their way and you decide that painting it lime green with pink trim and purple shutters, putting in wall-to-wall shag carpets with extra tacking strips on the nice original hardwood floors, rip out the curved staircase and put in metal steps, turquoise vinyl furniture and a John Deere tractor mail box at the front door will be a good idea...and then you don't understand why the neighbors should care! The town historical/ architectural society will have something to say about it even if it is your house.

And that's exactly why I would never live in in an area where the local subdivision Nazi's could tell or require what I do with my own house.

If you owned the property before the historical/subdivision Nazi's were organized and you never joined them they're SOL IMO.

My point is that the property owner has rights.

Once again, would I have done the cutting to modify the car, no.
Would I do bolt on's, yes.

But it's his car!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9