well I have been trying to learn to build my own 727 trans. of course to save money but to learn about this hydraulic gadget. I started about 15 months ago. I bought a 727 transmission handbook to start. I have ended up with a rollerized front to back planets. aluminum steel lined front hub. sleeved govenor, pro billet trans brake, servos that can never fail. I look under the car and dark pink fluid about the size of a fry pan.drip drip drip. sick all over again. now over this 15 month period I have had this baby out at least 5 or 6 times. My wife said take it to get it fix.(shamed) I took it to my expert today. someone on here mentioned the pump sealing ring. I installed a new one originally. then another one. both of these did not fit very tight. I thought it must be ok their new. wrong. my expert quickly pointed out that this seal has to fit tight into the groove. He said he some times goes through a couple of these seals before he finds one acceptable. He said it was possible that the seal I used would work under normal conditions. but if the seal was loose fitting in the it could leak. I am glad to say its dry.

Old Geezer Racing