S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Quote:

In my opinion the cover needs to be machined to remove the lettering from around the O-ring seat, & then redo the seat so it has no irregularities to cut the O-ring. Thats what I'm doing to mine.

Good solution if you're a glutten for punishment with a machine shop at your disposal. Otherwise, pipe sealant on the threads and tighten the nut against the casting.

Re: External oil line - Need Help! [Re: Stanton] #787251
08/30/10 01:23 AM
08/30/10 01:23 AM
ky hills
thehemikid Offline
top fuel
thehemikid  Offline
top fuel

ky hills
Quote:

Quote:

In my opinion the cover needs to be machined to remove the lettering from around the O-ring seat, & then redo the seat so it has no irregularities to cut the O-ring. Thats what I'm doing to mine.

Good solution if you're a glutten for punishment with a machine shop at your disposal. Otherwise, pipe sealant on the threads and tighten the nut against the casting.

You are correct, pipe sealant would be good, & easy. The port fitting/O-ring hose end, that I'm using, has very short threads, & its a low profile fitting that allows clearance so i don't have to cut my K-member. If I have mistaken the bevel on MM's axle port for a O-ring seat, then you are right again & I'm going to glutten a new seat

Page 2 of 2 1 2