Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: Chris2581] #786794
08/29/10 04:51 PM
08/29/10 04:51 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
This fellow is pretty quick to throw darts.
I have long held the position that we will rarely accuse anyone of something we are not perfectly capable of doing ourselves.
It isn't 100 % fool proof , but it works out to be true quite a bit.
I might give him the benefit of the doubt because he comes across as very inexperienced ( that is as polite a way of calling him a moron as I can muster )
I mean really .......... what next.
A swat team and a sting operation ?
Tell your Mom ?
Anyone who goes on the offensive while they are clearly wrong just throws up all kinds of red flags for me.
And I try to be reasonably nice and look for solutions first when stuff like this rears it's ugly head.
Giving out opinions and experiences that are typically roundly ignored.
What are you gonna do ?

Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: Quicktree] #786795
08/29/10 07:46 PM
08/29/10 07:46 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Step up to the plate return the mans call talk to him. Tell him what you just told us and I'm sure he will be happy.
Think about it all of us make bad judgement calls at one time or another. If you,I or anyone else on here thought we had been SOLD a bad part,we would not be happy about it.
I'm sure a return call to him will not only make things right,but will make you a new friend. That is one thing you can never have to many of.
One call that's all

yea I bet that goes over well, trying to convince him it's not the bearings fault.

You will never know until you give him a call. Just because the bearings were new in the box, doesn't mean there wasn't a problem with them. Not likely, but I'm sure we have all bought aftermarket race parts that didn't exactly live up to their billing - and just because you CYA'd on Moparts doesn't mean you still couldn't take some hits. A phone call could solve it all - and you should have done it before you posted!!

Fastest 300
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: Crizila] #786796
08/29/10 08:00 PM
08/29/10 08:00 PM
north cakalaky
I
instigator Offline
super stock
instigator  Offline
super stock
I

north cakalaky
Call him..whatever...the guy PM'd him a nasty message on second hand parts...I wouldn't waste my time with him....The guy [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in his own nest...now needs to lay in it.

65 Barracuda
All aluminum Indy HEMI with some boost!
COMING TO A TRACK NEAR YOU!

Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: instigator] #786797
08/29/10 08:50 PM
08/29/10 08:50 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Call him..whatever...the guy PM'd him a nasty message on second hand parts...I wouldn't waste my time with him....The guy [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in his own nest...now needs to lay in it.

agree the guy was definitely wrong with his remarks - and he should have called first, but that doesn't solve the problem. I learned a long time ago from a person much smarter than I to never do an instant reply to someone if you are major PO'd at him. You will almost always regret it. Wait a day to cool down, then reply. Always better results. When I was working, many times I would have to leave the shop and go for a walk - or go home. My boss allowed me that leeway - smart man - and I still have all my teeth to prove it

Fastest 300
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: Crizila] #786798
08/30/10 12:39 PM
08/30/10 12:39 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Sometimes a phone call can make things RIGHT a lot faster than he said she said.

"1 Call That's All"

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: MR_P_BODY] #786799
08/30/10 12:55 PM
08/30/10 12:55 PM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
Quote:

First ... did he try to seat the bearings(whack the
crank fore/aft with a mallet)... I do that to seat
the bearings.... makes a difference... also is he
using a radius crank

I have been doing that forever, Makes perfect sence to do that, as every bearing is a stamping, and they may not get exactly perfect when made.

Kasey

Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: Baxter61] #786800
08/30/10 01:20 PM
08/30/10 01:20 PM
New York
polyspheric Offline
master
polyspheric  Offline
master

New York
Watch the f-bombs....

Last edited by tboomer; 08/30/10 01:23 PM.

Boffin Emeritus
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: polyspheric] #786801
08/30/10 01:38 PM
08/30/10 01:38 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Lets turn this into something postive

With the enconomy like it is many of us are having to sell unused(left over)parts to buy more parts. Many of us are having to buy used parts from others(not the best thing to do but sometimes the only thing)to get our Race-Cars going.

SO WHAT IS THE BEST TO HANDLE THESE KIND OF
THINGS?

The men who brought a new set of in the box bearings got a little HOT when they would not work and e-mail the seller who in return got a little HOT RESULTS both of these fine men jumped the gun and made things worse

My worth on how it should have been handled.
1. A call saying my new in the box bearings won't work.
2. Reply from seller did you check this or maybe you should try this and if they still don't work and or in fact bad(I have brought new in the box parts that were bad). Return them for a refund or I will send them back to my supplier and get you a new set of bearings.

What is everyone else's opinion?

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: polyspheric] #786802
08/30/10 01:44 PM
08/30/10 01:44 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

Watch the f-bombs....

hey, poly, thanks! you prolly saved me from getting the "e-bomb" (whatever you said).

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: Looks like I may get flamed for selling defective parts [Re: maximum entropy] #786803
08/30/10 04:03 PM
08/30/10 04:03 PM
New York
polyspheric Offline
master
polyspheric  Offline
master

New York
Yes, that was handled soooo professionally.

I suggest remedial English regarding what is an obscenity, and what causes blue-haired senile old women to vapor lock. Hint: they're not the same.
The ability to say whatever you choose by carefully obeying every rule is evidently beyond your comprehension.
You might want to explore whether there are other possible corrections than removing the entire statement.
Oh wait - it wasn't a correction, I'm being punished because I don't play well with others.

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue to pull each other's hair.

Boffin Emeritus
Page 2 of 2 1 2