07/20/10 10:57 PM
07/20/10 10:57 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
The racers and participants in both events are very special racers. Not many racers in the world can do what these guys do. Take ,sometimes six digit value vehicles, and get them somehow down the track without spinning the crap out their Polyglas tires. whichever event you chose, you will be treated with respect, admired by many, race with the most elite "showcars" in the hobby, and treated to some of the best parties at any car show event in the world. Not kidding. Both classes can really make the new guys feel like brothers, and all"tricks " are revealed.. The tricks are just options the new guys were afraid to ask about. All mods are openly talked about. In my humble opinion, I love the idea of racing showroom racecars, able to beat stock "showroom racecars" of present times..

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MRVCODE] #753408
07/20/10 10:59 PM
07/20/10 10:59 PM
Now - Port Orange,Fla. Former...
MIKES_DUSTER Offline OP
master
MIKES_DUSTER  Offline OP
master

Quote:

Why not settle this at the Nats? Have a FAST vs SUPERCAR showdown, it would be a great racing fun and a great draw for the show, not to mention quite the grudge match!

TOTALLY!!!!!

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: DaveDudek] #753409
07/20/10 11:04 PM
F
fullmetaljacket Offline
master
fullmetaljacket  Offline
master
F

OKAY, OKAY, I'm coming out with a SUPER/FAST class machine to end all.
I'll run anyone with my 5HP Techumseh Chopper Minibike I've had since the mid 70's for the first 20 ft. heads up. Lol.

Both these classes have a set of noble class guys.

My street racing ways says the following:
Have a Show Down between the two for bragging rights with a fair handicap system.
Each spectator donates a dollar or more to their FAST or Super mercenaries team and the winning team donates the hero money to the Charity of choice and the runner up to the second charity.
Every one wins.
I'll be the arm drop fella cause I've been doing it way before Mr. Christensen has and I'm a tuff arm to beat as some here will tell you.

With the right PR/TV coverage behind and front, it could be a show stopper.

PS: I'll never forget the violence under the hood of Dave Dudek's Bird when I took a pit cruise in it.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MRVCODE] #753410
Bristol, CT
R
RalphsRapidTrnst Offline
top fuel
RalphsRapidTrnst  Offline
top fuel
R

Bristol, CT
Quote:

I think both are great for the hobby. I have one legitimate question regarding tires. I would think that cars running in the low 11's and in the 10's would blow through the treads on a set of polyglas pretty quickly, in fact saying bald polyglas are slicks doesn't seem to make sense to me. Other than the FAST class I've never seen race car guys at the track running bald polyglass instead of slicks, just my

Great question John, Tires will last about five seasons in the SuperCar Series. We run 10 races a year, plus TnT. One of our racers John Suess (Hurst Olds) just bought a new set of tires and this is his 6th season. Last week at Carlisle Kevin Davey 1970 Challenger (Top Eliminator of the 2010 Carlisle Event) used a set of my tires that Dave Dudek had on his Challenger 8 years ago, that still have a great deal of tread on them. When not loaned out for track duty they reside on my Hemicuda.

6096829-DSCN3036.JPG (47 downloads)
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: MIKES_DUSTER] #753411
07/20/10 11:19 PM
07/20/10 11:19 PM
Bristol, CT
R
RalphsRapidTrnst Offline
top fuel
top fuel
R

Bristol, CT
Quote:

Whats the difference in these 2 events/classes/functions???

Mike it was great seeing you Saturday night. I still remember the first time we met in 1987, me and the 1969 427 Corvette and you in the 1968 Road Runner 440. It's hard to believe after all these years we are still spending time bench racing on the same stretch of road. Thanks for being a great friend....

A Collection Of All Things Chrysler
www.RalphsRapidTransit.com

Stock Appearing MuscleCar Racing
www.SuperCarRaces.com
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: cowbay] #753412
07/20/10 11:56 PM
07/20/10 11:56 PM
Sask, Can.
72demon416 Offline
pro stock
72demon416  Offline
pro stock

Sask, Can.
I've been following the FAST class since it's inception and think it's the best thing since sliced bread (both classes). If I lived closer I would be playing the field as well- the only thing that I am not fussy about in this class (fast) is using the trunk as a hiding spot for fuel cell/pumps etc....my take on it if it is supposed to look stock then it should look stock- period (roll bar and basic guages notwithstanding)

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: RalphsRapidTrnst] #753413
07/21/10 12:01 AM
07/21/10 12:01 AM
MIKES_DUSTER Offline OP
master
MIKES_DUSTER  Offline OP
master

Quote:

Quote:

Whats the difference in these 2 events/classes/functions???

Mike it was great seeing you Saturday night. I still remember the first time we met in 1987, me and the 1969 427 Corvette and you in the 1968 Road Runner 440. It's hard to believe after all these years we are still spending time bench racing on the same stretch of road. Thanks for being a great friend....

WOW,23 yrs!!!! Were getting OLD!!!!! The only other thing I like better than BENCH racing is STREET racing!!!!! You too Ralph.

Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: flathood] #753414
07/21/10 09:13 AM
07/21/10 09:13 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
To an observer, like me........it seems that this type of racing is pretty specialized and there's a fairly small amount of people doing it, so if I wanted to start another series, I'd just copy the rules and do whatever I could to get the FAST guys to come, but, obviously, that doesn't appear to be happening?????? FAST has obvious success, so why change something if it isn't broke?????

Quote:

To answer your question, 85% of the car running in fast should/would pass all SuperCar rules, except traction control and tires............

What about the trunk rule? I'm guessing there are quite a few guys that have junk in their trunk..... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that....

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: FAST VS SUPERCAR SHOOTOUT [Re: Big Squeeze] #753415
07/21/10 08:22 PM
07/21/10 08:22 PM
Bristol, CT
R
RalphsRapidTrnst Offline
top fuel
top fuel
R

Bristol, CT
Quote:

What about the trunk rule? I'm guessing there are quite a few guys that have junk in their trunk..... I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that....

Wayne You're right some racers do have junk in the trunk. The majority don't have it and feal the way we do about the trunk. We have a great post on the forum detailing this conversation- http://www.supercarraces.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=358

The racers voted three to one to keep the trunk stock appearing like the rest of the car.

In the SuperCar ShootOut Series we allow ALL musclecars to compete. On our forum we have a post title-

MuscleCars not elligable to compete in SuperCar ShootOut

#1____ _______

The reason you see no cars on this list is, if Detroit built it, you can race it. All Factory MuscleCars are eligible to compete in the SuperCar Series. Shelby Mustangs with correct factory headers and SuperChargers are eligible (Must have correct original style headers), 1964 Steal Nose Race Hemi Plymouths and Dodges with Factory cast Iron Headers are eligible to compete (Must have correct Race Hemi parts and cast iron tubed headers) as well as the famed 1969 ZL1 Corvette. All correct combinations built by the "factories" are eligible. What is not eligible are owner made up combos.

6098264-super-bee.jpg (40 downloads)
Page 2 of 2 1 2