North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WWWAAAAAA !

WJ crying again after a loss.

And he said " it takes NO talent to drive a fuel car . "

what a puke -- RETIRE WJ ! sick of hearing him crying every other race .

Actually you are very WRONG, sir. He clearly stated, "I'm not upset about the loss, he beat me fair and square..." ALL of his comments were directed at the track surface/NHRA. And then he took a shot at the fuel cars/drivers.

He had every right to be hot. Watch the ESPN footage of the first 2 pair...all 4 of those cars were skating around quite a bit on the big end.

Monte, with all due respect...the alky cars make just a "little" more power than a PS car. Hence they can keep applying downforce. Apply the same downforce of a typical alky FC or dragster wing to a PS car...don't think so...

It does not take much wing, to put LOTS of downforce on a door car, especially one running 200 mph. A little wickerbill goes a long way on a car as aerodynamic as a Pro-Stocker. Easy to measure as well. You read it off the RacePak, with the shock sensors. The issue here is, they dont WANT to put wing in, because it scrubs off ET and MPH. They would rather run on the ragged edge, be as fast as they can and complain about the track. I can knock nearly 5 mph out and just crush the tire of the Pro-Mod on an 1/8 mile with a real agressive wing, what do you think that would do on a 1/4 track.

Monte

Intersting. I THOUGHT they all had the max legal wing on them now to stay stuck in high gear.

They do have the max size wing allowed on the cars....but...the amount of downforce it applies is directly related to how much attack you have in the wing and how much wickerbill. Pro-Stock guys run the absolute least amount of wing they can and still get down the track. 4 link and shock settings also have a big effect. Believe me, they can set the cars up, to go right down the track and never bobble, but it would not be as fast, so they would rather complain about the surface.

Monte

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: Monte_Smith] #745662
07/13/10 06:18 PM
07/13/10 06:18 PM
WI
68hemiss Offline
mopar
68hemiss  Offline
mopar

WI
Guys,
I don't think the issue here is about spoiler or spoiler angles. P/S qualified on a prepped track - the cars were set up on Sun based on this info. Then first round the track is not prepped and the cars are sliding all over the place creating a dangerous condition. This was not a change in conditions based on weather or enviornmental factors but lack of track prep. When the powers that be at NHRA were approached - they kind of shrugged it off saying it was not a problem. From what I heard they were told that if they didn't like it to sit out - They did and I applaud them for that. I bet they wouldn't treat the fuel racers that way - BTW I exit the stands when the Nitro cars run - GO! - P/S, S/S, S & Comp!

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: 68hemiss] #745663
07/13/10 06:44 PM
07/13/10 06:44 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
rickstershemi  Offline OP
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
It would be very interesting to know what events took place for them to turn around and end up running the class...following the pull-out

Rickster

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: rickstershemi] #745664
07/13/10 07:24 PM
07/13/10 07:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

It would be very interesting to know what events took place for them to turn around and end up running the class...following the pull-out

Rickster

From Dragracingonline

Guess you can decide which version you want to believe

The Internet was full of misinformation regarding the NHRA Pro Stock issue during the third round of qualifying at last weekend’s NHRA Seattle race. First, there was no boycott or refusal to race by the NHRA Pro Stock racers. Indeed, NHRA’s Graham Light made an instantaneous decision that may have prevented some Pro Stocker from crashing and he deserves to be praised for that quick decision.

After the first pair of Pro Stock cars went down the track during Saturday’s third of four rounds of pro qualifying, Warren Johnson was extremely vocal about the lack of traction compound sprayed on the last three hundred feet of the track. While he was expressing his opinion to the TV pit reporter, the next pair of cars had already done their burnouts and were in the process of staging.

Light immediately made the call to pull them out of line and run the nitro classes. He knew that the nitro cars’ tires would carry traction compound way past the 1,000-foot mark. He was right. They ran the nitro cars and then the Pro Stocks followed with no repeat of the earlier traction issue.

The NHRA is caught between a rock and a hard spot. The tire people and car tuners admit that if the track is sprayed with traction compound for the entire 1320 feet the nitro cars tires are much more likely to “chunk” when the driver steps off the throttle at the 1,000-foot mark, which is why they don’t spray the entire quarter mile.

The Agent thinks in the future you will see the Pro Stocks run after the nitro cars both in qualifying and on race day. A big tip of the Agent’s fedora to Graham Light and his crew for getting this one right, and probably preventing some Pro Stockers from crashing at Seattle.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: ] #745665
07/13/10 08:22 PM
07/13/10 08:22 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
rickstershemi  Offline OP
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

From Dragracingonline

The Internet was full of misinformation regarding the NHRA Pro Stock issue during the third round of qualifying at last weekend’s NHRA Seattle race. First, there was no boycott or refusal to race by the NHRA Pro Stock racers. Indeed, NHRA’s Graham Light made an instantaneous decision that may have prevented some Pro Stocker from crashing and he deserves to be praised for that quick decision.

After the first pair of Pro Stock cars went down the track during Saturday’s third of four rounds of pro qualifying, Warren Johnson was extremely vocal about the lack of traction compound sprayed on the last three hundred feet of the track. While he was expressing his opinion to the TV pit reporter, the next pair of cars had already done their burnouts and were in the process of staging.

Light immediately made the call to pull them out of line and run the nitro classes. He knew that the nitro cars’ tires would carry traction compound way past the 1,000-foot mark. He was right. They ran the nitro cars and then the Pro Stocks followed with no repeat of the earlier traction issue.

The NHRA is caught between a rock and a hard spot. The tire people and car tuners admit that if the track is sprayed with traction compound for the entire 1320 feet the nitro cars tires are much more likely to “chunk” when the driver steps off the throttle at the 1,000-foot mark, which is why they don’t spray the entire quarter mile.

The Agent thinks in the future you will see the Pro Stocks run after the nitro cars both in qualifying and on race day. A big tip of the Agent’s fedora to Graham Light and his crew for getting this one right, and probably preventing some Pro Stockers from crashing at Seattle.

While that definitely makes sense....we'll have to wait and see

Rickster

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: ] #745666
07/13/10 08:51 PM
07/13/10 08:51 PM
Galesburg IL.
dillon383 Offline
dillon383  Offline

Galesburg IL.
Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

From Dragracingonline

This makes sense but the problem occured on Sunday not Saterday. On Sunday the Pro Stock cars follow the nitro cars except before the finals where they normally run first. NHRA had the option to prep the track after nitro with no ill-effect. They instead said the prep was sufficient and tried to run Pro Stock, when they had problem they sent Pro Stock back to the pits and ran the alcohol cars insted. Pro Stock followed the second session of Nitro, apparently NHRA prepped the track after they ran for the remainder of the day.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: dillon383] #745667
07/14/10 10:58 AM
07/14/10 10:58 AM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rickster

From Dragracingonline

This makes sense but the problem occured on Sunday not Saterday. On Sunday the Pro Stock cars follow the nitro cars except before the finals where they normally run first. NHRA had the option to prep the track after nitro with no ill-effect. They instead said the prep was sufficient and tried to run Pro Stock, when they had problem they sent Pro Stock back to the pits and ran the alcohol cars insted. Pro Stock followed the second session of Nitro, apparently NHRA prepped the track after they ran for the remainder of the day.

But they are too arogant to admit it!

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745668
07/14/10 12:01 PM
07/14/10 12:01 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline
mopar
NoJoke  Offline
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
NHRA makes enough money off of us racers I just dont see what the big deal is to just spray the extra 320ft!!!!!

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: NoJoke] #745669
07/14/10 01:42 PM
07/14/10 01:42 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

NHRA makes enough money off of us racers I just dont see what the big deal is to just spray the extra 320ft!!!!!

It's the same as the 1000 ft thing. It's whatever is easiest for NHRA. They didn't want to prep twice, and they thought they could get away with it. I know most of the fuel teams like the 1000 ft, and if that's what they need to do, then so be it. But this is rediculous. I just wish they would sell to someone that still has a passion for the sport and stop running it into the ground. As far as the change the pitch of the wickerbill angle arguement, none of the prostock guys seem to think that is a realistic fix, so....as I don't race prostock and never will, I'd have to say they would know.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745670
07/14/10 01:51 PM
07/14/10 01:51 PM
Charleston, SC
S
SCDaytona Offline
mopar
SCDaytona  Offline
mopar
S

Charleston, SC
Since quite a few of the drivers complained to NHRA, I would imagine it was a problem beyond just Warren Johnson. Allen Johnson even spoke his mind on TV and was quite upset as well.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: SCDaytona] #745671
07/14/10 03:15 PM
07/14/10 03:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what they need to build is a four lane dragstrip. Two for the fuelers and two four everyone else. Maybe we can get someone with money to build one

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: SCDaytona] #745672
07/14/10 03:16 PM
07/14/10 03:16 PM
Bergen County NJ
N
NoJoke Offline
mopar
NoJoke  Offline
mopar
N

Bergen County NJ
Quote:

Since quite a few of the drivers complained to NHRA, I would imagine it was a problem beyond just Warren Johnson. Allen Johnson even spoke his mind on TV and was quite upset as well.

Yeah Allen wasn't happy at all...To be quite honest I DVR every race on Sat and Sunday just for Pro Stock...I fast forward all the Top fuel and Funny cars.... I get tired of hearing John Force after a while....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3