master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are they really that cheap that they can't spray another 320ft.... ....I've raced at Norwalk and left my shoes stuck at the traps while walking the track at night. Maybe Bader should make a move on buying NHRA

nhra says that spraying the last 320 feet pass where the fueler shut off chunks the tires on the fuel cars...

And it does. Still no reason to hose the P/S cars.

I disagree. You chunk a tire at 320mph and it can be really bad. The Pro-Stockers can easily fix this issue.....it's called putting some attack in the freaking wing. Bunch of whiners. They run their crap on such an edge of aerodynamics, that the least little bit of slippage makes them ill handling. But they won't dare put any wing in it. That might scrub off a mph. Whiners. I don't see the alky cars having these issues after the 1,000ft mark....why is that...oh yeah, they USE their wings.

Monte

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: Monte_Smith] #745644
07/12/10 04:11 AM
07/12/10 04:11 AM
Worst Weather USA
493_DART Offline
master
493_DART  Offline
master

Worst Weather USA
agree Monte ---

DOWNFORCE

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: Monte_Smith] #745645
07/12/10 07:41 AM
07/12/10 07:41 AM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
rickstershemi  Offline OP
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Are they really that cheap that they can't spray another 320ft.... ....I've raced at Norwalk and left my shoes stuck at the traps while walking the track at night. Maybe Bader should make a move on buying NHRA

nhra says that spraying the last 320 feet pass where the fueler shut off chunks the tires on the fuel cars...

And it does. Still no reason to hose the P/S cars.

I disagree. You chunk a tire at 320mph and it can be really bad. The Pro-Stockers can easily fix this issue.....it's called putting some attack in the freaking wing. Bunch of whiners. They run their crap on such an edge of aerodynamics, that the least little bit of slippage makes them ill handling. But they won't dare put any wing in it. That might scrub off a mph. Whiners. I don't see the alky cars having these issues after the 1,000ft mark....why is that...oh yeah, they USE their wings.

Monte

and more motor to go with it

Rickster

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: rickstershemi] #745646
07/12/10 11:08 AM
07/12/10 11:08 AM
Missouri
StrokerPost Offline
master
StrokerPost  Offline
master

Missouri
A couple of possibles I see that could happen, 1, and the most likely is that like NASCAR, the NHRA may step in and mandate a certain spoiler or wing angle to get enough downforce to stay stuck, or run the prostockers either before or after the fuel cars are are on the track. Either earlier in the week with the other stockers or after the fuelers have finished. I personally, as a fan, would pay the full price just to see the Prostockers and nothing else. The fuelers are basically just noise and spectackle, seldom is it good, close racing. Just my unsolicited

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: StrokerPost] #745647
07/12/10 01:43 PM
07/12/10 01:43 PM
Camp Point, IL
G
gofish Offline
mopar
gofish  Offline
mopar
G

Camp Point, IL

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: 493_DART] #745648
07/12/10 02:02 PM
07/12/10 02:02 PM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Quote:

WWWAAAAAA !

WJ crying again after a loss.

And he said " it takes NO talent to drive a fuel car . "

what a puke -- RETIRE WJ ! sick of hearing him crying every other race .

Actually you are very WRONG, sir. He clearly stated, "I'm not upset about the loss, he beat me fair and square..." ALL of his comments were directed at the track surface/NHRA. And then he took a shot at the fuel cars/drivers.

He had every right to be hot. Watch the ESPN footage of the first 2 pair...all 4 of those cars were skating around quite a bit on the big end.

Monte, with all due respect...the alky cars make just a "little" more power than a PS car. Hence they can keep applying downforce. Apply the same downforce of a typical alky FC or dragster wing to a PS car...don't think so...

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: cudadoug] #745649
07/12/10 02:23 PM
07/12/10 02:23 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

WWWAAAAAA !

Actually you are very WRONG, sir. He clearly stated, "I'm not upset about the loss, he beat me fair and square..." ALL of his comments were directed at the track surface/NHRA. And then he took a shot at the fuel cars/drivers.

He had every right to be hot. Watch the ESPN footage of the first 2 pair...all 4 of those cars were skating around quite a bit on the big end.

Monte, with all due respect...the alky cars make just a "little" more power than a PS car. Hence they can keep applying downforce. Apply the same downforce of a typical alky FC or dragster wing to a PS car...don't think so...

It does not take much wing, to put LOTS of downforce on a door car, especially one running 200 mph. A little wickerbill goes a long way on a car as aerodynamic as a Pro-Stocker. Easy to measure as well. You read it off the RacePak, with the shock sensors. The issue here is, they dont WANT to put wing in, because it scrubs off ET and MPH. They would rather run on the ragged edge, be as fast as they can and complain about the track. I can knock nearly 5 mph out and just crush the tire of the Pro-Mod on an 1/8 mile with a real agressive wing, what do you think that would do on a 1/4 track.

Monte

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: Monte_Smith] #745650
07/12/10 05:38 PM
07/12/10 05:38 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Even the smallest of wings will benifit and help add down pressure at speed.It's been a proven fact for many years.I ran a Hemi B/G Dragster over 30 years ago that liked to ride front tires off the track surface,I was forced to throttle steer it until I added a 24"X12" wing between the front tires and it tracked like a Cadilliac on steriods.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: B G Racing] #745651
07/12/10 06:16 PM
07/12/10 06:16 PM
Fancy Farm Ky
W
wyoming Offline
top fuel
wyoming  Offline
top fuel
W

Fancy Farm Ky
Old WJ would have been fine, if he hadn't brought the driving into it, the last 320 being slick = a logical complaint,,,,,anybody can drive a fuel car = people just saying "what the heck is WJ complaining about now.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: B G Racing] #745652
07/12/10 06:17 PM
07/12/10 06:17 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Even the smallest of wings will benifit and help add down pressure at speed.It's been a proven fact for many years.I ran a Hemi B/G Dragster over 30 years ago that liked to ride front tires off the track surface,I was forced to throttle steer it until I added a 24"X12" wing between the front tires and it tracked like a Cadilliac on steriods.

The problem here is all of the teams want to win
so if they add wing they drop a mph or 2 and then
loose... the NHRA has to mandate a angle so all of
the teams have to to the same... JMO but it made
a day and night difference on my car

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: wyoming] #745653
07/12/10 06:20 PM
07/12/10 06:20 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
I love P/S as much as anyone, but someday these guys will realize they are just space filler between rounds of fuel cars.

Did the track magically get worse after qualifying? Why didn't they sit out the second round of qualifying if the track was the issue?

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: slantzilla] #745654
07/12/10 06:28 PM
07/12/10 06:28 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

I love P/S as much as anyone, but someday these guys will realize they are just space filler between rounds of fuel cars.

Did the track magically get worse after qualifying? Why didn't they sit out the second round of qualifying if the track was the issue?

I gotta call BS on that one. Some of us like P/S better than any of the Fuel stuff. And the stands don't exactly clear out after the fuel cars are done. NHRA may treat these guys like fill in, but they are the most advanced out there in my book. I don't subscribe, however, to the Warren sniveling session and saying that anyone can drive a fuel car, maybe he meant except him. Even though his message is a good one, he sounds like an idiot sometimes and ruins the whole arguement.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745655
07/12/10 06:40 PM
07/12/10 06:40 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

I gotta call BS on that one. Some of us like P/S better than any of the Fuel stuff. And the stands don't exactly clear out after the fuel cars are done. NHRA may treat these guys like fill in, but they are the most advanced out there in my book. I don't subscribe, however, to the Warren sniveling session and saying that anyone can drive a fuel car, maybe he meant except him. Even though his message is a good one, he sounds like an idiot sometimes and ruins the whole arguement.

Personally, I would much rather watch ProMods over ProStocks any day....although I do believe they are getting the short end of the stick since NHRA went to 1,000' for the top fueler's

Easy fix....make it all 1,000'

Rickster

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745656
07/12/10 06:45 PM
07/12/10 06:45 PM
Florida
408Dust Offline
super stock
408Dust  Offline
super stock

Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Race a class car and see how you get treated scooter....

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: 408Dust] #745657
07/12/10 06:53 PM
07/12/10 06:53 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What makes you think I don't Spankey?

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745658
07/12/10 07:01 PM
07/12/10 07:01 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline OP
master
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bottom Feeders....

Rickster

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: Monte_Smith] #745659
07/12/10 07:21 PM
07/12/10 07:21 PM
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WWWAAAAAA !

It does not take much wing, to put LOTS of downforce on a door car, especially one running 200 mph. A little wickerbill goes a long way on a car as aerodynamic as a Pro-Stocker. Easy to measure as well. You read it off the RacePak, with the shock sensors. The issue here is, they dont WANT to put wing in, because it scrubs off ET and MPH. They would rather run on the ragged edge, be as fast as they can and complain about the track. I can knock nearly 5 mph out and just crush the tire of the Pro-Mod on an 1/8 mile with a real agressive wing, what do you think that would do on a 1/4 track.

Monte

Intersting. I THOUGHT they all had the max legal wing on them now to stay stuck in high gear.

Re: {{{ PROSTOCK REFUSES TO RUN @ SEATTLE }}} [Re: camastomcat] #745660
07/12/10 07:44 PM
07/12/10 07:44 PM
Florida
408Dust Offline
super stock
408Dust  Offline
super stock

Florida

Well Scooter if you do then anything NHRA does would not come as a surprise to you...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3