Richmond, VA
R
rayztoy Offline
super stock
rayztoy  Offline
super stock
R

Richmond, VA
ECS makes the Door Stickers and Window Stickers that are dead nuts right on accurate to originals. With that being said, one can still tell the difference with new reproduction and 40 year old. IMHO, Broadcast Sheets are no different. I'm NOT wishing this on anyone, but when you have a severe health issue, you will really see the light of what's really important!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: rayztoy] #681686
04/28/10 01:49 PM
04/28/10 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My good friend Ray! Thanks for conveying the true importance of ANYTHING!

(I need to give you a call and catch up on things! Take care Sir!)

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681687
04/28/10 02:10 PM
04/28/10 02:10 PM
Sacramento CA
M
Morty426 Offline
master
Morty426  Offline
master
M

Sacramento CA
Dave drives a Ford truck?

Just kidding Dave - I get it what you are saying - can I try hit the nail on the head?

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Morty426] #681688
04/28/10 02:14 PM
04/28/10 02:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of this is really quite simple.

As I said before, start paying more attention to the V.I.N. rather than the BCS.

It is as simple as this, some had them some didn't, some had them that are now lost. Does this make the car anything less than what it is? NO. Does it PROVE the car to be MORE than what it is? NO. Does it give you anymore info about the car than what you can determine from investigating the car? VERY LITTLE.

People that are trying to restore a car "per the sheet" have lost track of why people bought these cars new they are trying to create. MOST of them within 6 months had aftermarket wheels, headers, engine mods, custom paint, etc.SELDOM did the cars have things like springs, torsion bars, radiators, etc. changed. If you are starting with a car that is little more than a shell with a BCS and expecting to have an OEM first place winner when done then you are probably barking up the wrong tree. YES, starting with a car like this and trying to work backwards from a sheet is not a sound choice be it economical or from a hardship point of view.

As soon as people stop assigning so much value to a BCS the sooner the madness will stop.

We have lost site of what owning one of these cars is all about. When people bought these cars new 99% of them didn't even know what a broadcast sheet was let alone CARE if they had one. For that matter they didn't really care what the V.I.N. was on the car until they discovered that the insurance companies were using it to charge them more money. In fact, some people were switching the V.I.N.s and titles to their hipo cars with late model totaled cars that qualified for lower rates.

No one sees your V.I.N., FT, or BCS unless YOU show it to them.

I am BETTING that the people that buy an OEM restored car immediately take the steel wheels off and store them and add aftermarket wheels just like they saw them when these cars were new. These original wheels sit in the garage until the car is again sold to a new owner who does the same. The vast majority of these people NEVER have these cars judge in an OEM class. However, they have become victums of the casual parking lot show "expert" that doesn't even OWN one of these cars that is trying to impress his buddy by dissing the car. it is time to GET OVER ALL OF THIS and get back to enjoying these cars for what they are.

Yes, I want a REAL car just as much as others here, but the V.I.N. is all I really need to determine that. If it has a fender tag or BS that is a bonus BUT only because others in the hobby view it to be, GET OVER IT!!!

A better poll might be one that asks how many people have ever competed in OEM judging or ever intent to. Does most of this really matter unless you are going to?
Another question might be, how many people even have a display board that they take with their car to a Saturday night parking light show. I go quite frequently to one of the countries largest one and I already KNOW the answer to it, VERY FEW.

People with perfectly restored cars are in the MINORITY in the hobby. many owners DREAM of there cars being that someday but that dream is seldom realized. The people that do it will often tell you they had more fun with the car when it was a driver.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681689
04/28/10 02:30 PM
04/28/10 02:30 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline

Quote:

People with perfectly restored cars are in the MINORITY in the hobby.

Who cares? People like what they like. Liking a stock, OE-style resto is no better or worse than a modified car or a driver. Get off the "losing sight about why people bought these cars new" high horse. Not only was that 40 years ago, but guess what? Not everyone bought cars for the same reason, and it's not up to you to decide who likes what, or what anyone else should do with their car, or why people buy them.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: not_a_charger] #681690
04/28/10 02:51 PM
04/28/10 02:51 PM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

5952138-ralphwiggum.jpg (95 downloads)

I can't afford this. mark
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: not_a_charger] #681691
04/28/10 02:59 PM
04/28/10 02:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

People with perfectly restored cars are in the MINORITY in the hobby.

Who cares? People like what they like. Liking a stock, OE-style resto is no better or worse than a modified car or a driver. Get off the "losing sight about why people bought these cars new" high horse. Not only was that 40 years ago, but guess what? Not everyone bought cars for the same reason, and it's not up to you to decide who likes what, or what anyone else should do with their car, or why people buy them.

EXACTLY.

And this is why this entire subject is pointless.

It is no one elses business if someone has or wants a repo BCS. As far as anyone else getting BURNED down the road from it, "let the buyer beware." This will simply bring the whole situation right where it should be, and people will then realize the value of their cars will be determined by what the V.I.N. and the telltale things on the car PROVE it to be.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681692
04/28/10 03:01 PM
04/28/10 03:01 PM
not_a_charger Offline
not_a_charger  Offline

I agree with you that if people didn't care about this aspect of the hobby, this issue wouldn't exist. However, there are people in every aspect of the hobby who like various extremes, and that's not gonna change.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681693
04/28/10 03:15 PM
04/28/10 03:15 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
David has said that he is not going to be selling the sheets several replies ago, so why argue about it anymore? It has become a non-issue.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Alaskan_TA] #681694
04/28/10 03:33 PM
04/28/10 03:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

David has said that he is not going to be selling the sheets several replies ago, so why argue about it anymore? It has become a non-issue.

.......but I have decided to go out and buy a Ford truck just to see if my hypothetical "humor" is actually correct! I promise to make it a point to come here and start another poll asking everyone if they think my findings are true or false! With two strikes (already) against me it may not be too long before I find out!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681695
04/28/10 04:00 PM
04/28/10 04:00 PM
Sacramento CA
M
Morty426 Offline
master
Morty426  Offline
master
M

Sacramento CA
Quote:

Quote:

.......but I have decided to go out and buy a Ford truck just to see if my hypothetical "humor" is actually correct! I promise to make it a point to come here and start another poll asking everyone if they think my findings are true or false! With two strikes (already) against me it may not be too long before I find out!

Does owning a Ford Truck decrease brain function?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/28/10 03:00 PM
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681696
04/28/10 05:19 PM
04/28/10 05:19 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

.......but I have decided to go out and buy a Ford truck just to see if my hypothetical "humor" is actually correct!

Please don't do it Dave.
Friends don't let friends drive Fords!

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #681697
04/28/10 05:24 PM
04/28/10 05:24 PM
New State
kidmopar Offline
master
kidmopar  Offline
master

New State
Quote:

Quote:

.......but I have decided to go out and buy a Ford truck just to see if my hypothetical "humor" is actually correct!

Please don't do it Dave.

Make SURE it's a 6.4 Litre DIESEL! Too!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #681698
04/28/10 05:26 PM
04/28/10 05:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Please don't do it Dave.

Actually with the piece of junk 2005 Ram that I had, my 05 Ford F150 blows that ram POS out of the water and even tows and handles better.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: ] #681699
04/28/10 05:35 PM
04/28/10 05:35 PM
San Antonio, TX
CurYellowBird Offline
mopar
CurYellowBird  Offline
mopar

San Antonio, TX
Can't beat a cummins diesel

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681700
04/28/10 05:43 PM
04/28/10 05:43 PM
USA
B
b54406barrel Offline
master
b54406barrel  Offline
master
B

USA
Quote:

Quote:

Oh good. If you get in to fords, I need a window sticker for my soon-to-be-real boss 429 w/ac & automatic, mustang............

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: b54406barrel] #681701
04/28/10 07:14 PM
04/28/10 07:14 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Finally,we got away from BC sheet's !

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Alaskan_TA] #681702
04/28/10 07:39 PM
04/28/10 07:39 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

Yep, you're right he's not, I am. I am very persuasive and will be preparing to take orders in the next week or so for the new BCS. Dave and I will have to work out some of our documentation procedures as it pertains to validation and record keeping.

Sheets will be made for customers that currently has an original without exception. The original must be shipped to me for authentication before a new sheet can be made. Your original will be shipped back along with the perfect "as new" copy.

We will be looking into the possibility of reproducing novelty sheets for cars that do not have an original. These sheets will be easily identified as reproductions.

Do not bother to call and inquire about an authentic sheet for a car that doesn't have one or enough of one to produce a new one from. Like I said, Dave will be very receptive by the time I'm finish with him.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: HEMICUDA] #681703
04/28/10 08:01 PM
04/28/10 08:01 PM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Quote:

Quote:

The original must be shipped to me for authentication before a new sheet can be made. Your original will be shipped back along with the perfect "as new" copy.

Either I am too naive to get the joke, or if this is a serious request, I would doubt anyone would risk sending their original BC sheet through the USPS or UPS to get lost or damaged.

No way in hell I would do it. Again, it needs to be asked, why would anyone want an additional copy of their present sheet? If only for display purposes a color copy would be sufficient,I would think, for just about anyone. I suppose maybe some might want to make an authentic copy and place it back in the seat springs or under the carpet(where, of course no one can see it), but????

MB

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: HPMike] #681704
04/28/10 08:11 PM
04/28/10 08:11 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Darn it, I lost the bet! I thought for sure it would take a couple more weeks before the reproductions began!

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9