04/27/10 11:50 AM
04/27/10 11:50 AM
The New Jersey Hinterlands
Sssnake383 Offline OP
Old and boring
Sssnake383  Offline OP
Old and boring

Let's try to stay calm and civilized on this thread. I was enjoying the spirited debate in the older threads and it seems to me the whole issue raises some pretty basic questions. My objective here is to find out how the common Moparts member feels about this apparent hot-button issue.

There is a new poll on page 5 for those interested in this subject.

Do you think the availability of "reproduction broadcast sheets" undermines the integrity and reputation of those involved with reproducing them?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 04/27/10 10:49 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Do you think the availability of "reproduction" documentation, specifically BC sheets, undermines the hobby for whatever reason?
single choice
Is limiting availability of reproduction BC sheets to only those cars where an original sheet exists a good idea?
single choice
Do you want to be able to purchase a reproduction BC sheet for your Mopar(s)?
single choice
Last edited by Sssnake383; 04/28/10 12:34 PM.
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681586
04/27/10 12:05 PM
04/27/10 12:05 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
I really don't think it is necessary,if results are posted it will just start over again.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: 62maxwgn] #681587
04/27/10 12:50 PM
04/27/10 12:50 PM
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
When all the documentation can be perfectly reproduced, the validity of original documentation is certain to be called into question.
How many bogus/misrepresented cars have been "caught" because their original documentation showed the truth? (I think the answer is: all of 'em.)
I'd rather have the worn & torn real BS sheet for my car than a mint repro that indicates I may have faked the car.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681588
04/27/10 12:59 PM
04/27/10 12:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since this "poll" is basically about my company I want to ONCE AGAIN make something PERFECTLY CLEAR!!! I don't know why some of you can't seem to understand or ignore the fact that MY COMPANY IS NOT SELLING OR WILL EVER SELL UNLICENSED, ILLEGAL, BOOTLEGGED PRODUCTS! What is it with some of you guys that causes you to constantly ignore the facts as they relate to this subject matter? THESE HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO CHRYSLER! THEY ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THEIR EXISTENCE AND ARE WILLING TO APPROVE THEM WITH CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS. It is THEIR decision to make about THEIR property and trademarked products! Just because some of you do not like the idea of them being reproduced DOES NOT give you the right to slander my company with your slighted remarks about our "integrity" and "reputation". I went through this same garbage eight years ago when we were licensed to provide our VIN decals. A similar occurrence also happened with our Window Stickers. That sure didn't stop some of you "upstanding" folks from purchasing those items....did it?! How about we start a poll on "Hypocrisy" after this one!?

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: 62maxwgn] #681589
04/27/10 01:00 PM
04/27/10 01:00 PM
grand rapids mi. usa
P
Purestocker Offline
Purestocker  Offline
P

grand rapids mi. usa
I don't want to get into the same debate as on the other threads, but I think if these cars did not come with fender tags, we wouldn't even be talking about this, I happen to own a few GM cars and POP or build sheet, window sticker, is the only way to verify any options, trans style or engine size in cars without the original engine. reproduction paperwork for the other end of the hobby is a crime because of that, and the cars value suffers a great deal if you can't verify what it originally was 100%, I think that is where the build sheet need originated from and I don't suspect that want will go away anytime soon, we are very lucky to be able to tell many of the options of a Mopar by the underhood tags, but even if it is all missing, it doesn't render any car junk, it just pushes the price a little south so the less fortunate people can enjoy the hobby also. This is a great site with alot of great information and people, as they say it's ok to disagree just don't be disagreeable.....

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681590
04/27/10 01:05 PM
04/27/10 01:05 PM
Sssnake383 Offline OP
Old and boring
Sssnake383  Offline OP
Old and boring

Quote:

Since this "poll" is basically about my company I want to ONCE AGAIN make something PERFECTLY CLEAR!!! I don't know why some of you can't seem to understand or ignore the fact that MY COMPANY IS NOT SELLING OR WILL EVER SELL UNLICENSED, ILLEGAL, BOOTLEGGED PRODUCTS! What is it with some of you guys that causes you to constantly ignore the facts as they relate to this subject matter? THESE HAVE BEEN TURNED INTO CHRYSLER! THEY ARE COMPLETELY AWARE OF THEIR EXISTENCE AND ARE WILLING TO APPROVE THEM WITH CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS. It is THEIR decision to make about THEIR property and trademarked products! Just because some of you do not like the idea of them being reproduced DOES NOT give you the right to slander my company with your slighted remarks about our "integrity" and "reputation". I went through this same garbage eight years ago when we were licensed to provide our VIN decals. A similar occurrence also happened with our Window Stickers. That sure didn't stop some of you "upstanding" folks from purchasing those items....did it?! How about we start a poll on "Hypocrisy" after this one!?

I did not slander your company. I did not mention you or your company's name nor I did not make any remarks about your integrity or reputation. No attacks here. I simply asked four reasonably generic "yes" or "no" questions. I was hoping to keep this pretty relaxed but I feel that this is an important issue for all of us in the hobby to discuss.

Last edited by Sssnake383; 04/27/10 01:09 PM.
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681591
04/27/10 01:12 PM
04/27/10 01:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I did not slander your company. I did not mention you or your company's name nor I did not make any remarks about your integrity or reputation.

Then I suggest you amend your poll to CLARIFY and state EXACTLY who you are referring as "those" in your question listed below.

Do you think the availability of "reproduction broadcast sheets" undermines the integrity and reputation of those involved with reproducing them?

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681592
04/27/10 01:19 PM
04/27/10 01:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lets hear it Snake! Who were you referring to when you stated, ...undermines the integrity and reputation of those involved with reproducing them...?

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681593
04/27/10 01:33 PM
04/27/10 01:33 PM
Nashville, TN
M
MOPARMIKE69 Offline
master
MOPARMIKE69  Offline
master
M

Nashville, TN
"Those" those who do it as in "anybody" is the way I read it.
No need to get all bloated again. You made it clear you would only make one for those who already have one.
There are repop VIN's for those without one with the right documentation,, so should be no problem with a build sheet.

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681594
04/27/10 01:37 PM
04/27/10 01:37 PM
Sssnake383 Offline OP
Old and boring
Sssnake383  Offline OP
Old and boring

Quote:

Quote:

I did not slander your company. I did not mention you or your company's name nor I did not make any remarks about your integrity or reputation.

Then I suggest you amend your poll to CLARIFY and state EXACTLY who you are referring as "those" in your question listed below.

"Those" are the folks that would be reproducing broadcast sheets. Which, at this point, would NOT be you or your company, Dave. You don't reproduce them and said you were not going to reproduce them, so I guess I am failing to understand the issue. Some people seem to think it is morally a terrible act to reproduce a BC sheet and that such acts impugn the reproducer - and some people feel just the opposite way. I have not opined one way or the other, but I thought it would be interesting to find out how many people really do feel that way.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #681595
04/27/10 01:43 PM
04/27/10 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

No need to get all bloated again. You made it clear you would only make one for those who already have one.

I have said nothing of the sort! Chrysler informed me that I could offer them under certain conditions but after talking with Dave S. I decided against it. The next time my Chrysler (licensing) agent revisited the subject, I told him that I was no longer interested in moving forward with the program. That is the ONLY fact that I have made "clear" to this point!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: MOPARMIKE69] #681596
04/27/10 01:44 PM
04/27/10 01:44 PM
Sssnake383 Offline OP
Old and boring
Sssnake383  Offline OP
Old and boring

Quote:

"Those" those who do it as in "anybody" is the way I read it.
There are repop VIN's for those without one with the right documentation,, so should be no problem with a build sheet.

Mike, that is exactly what I meant when I said "those", as in anybody who is engaging in the activity of reproducing BC sheets. The question was designed to be general and thus unbiased towards any one side of the issue.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681597
04/27/10 01:48 PM
04/27/10 01:48 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
I agree with Snake..."those" refers to many...
It was brought up in other threads that BCS's have been reproduced in the past by several people...

ECS, although capable, has chosen not to make them, so I don't see any intended slander here....It's not always just about you Dave

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: anlauto] #681598
04/27/10 02:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your perception and genius never ceases to amaze me Alan! ALL of this occurred when I disclosed that I had manufactured these Broadcast Sheets years ago. But OF COURSE this had absolutely nothing to do with me...of course it didn't Alan!!!

...and to think I originally thought that the only "back peddling" was performed on bicycles by Clowns at the Circus! Silly me...

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: anlauto] #681599
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
I've read all the various posts and think the word repro is a problem and the product needs to be tweeked.
I am pretty sure that most any hobbiest would agree that only easily identifible re-creations should be offered. I feel in two forms thus:
First clearly printed or watermarked on the front Copy of Factory Broadcast Sheet, or Created Broadcast Sheet.

The Created Sheets *could* be offered to those cars with incomplete or lacking sheets, if a vin, fender tag, invoice, and/or punch card(?) could be used to validate the represented car.
I can see all kinds of problems arising from accurate reproductions being modified, copied and claimed to be a copy of the "lost original".
Any repro or recreation needs to have tell tale markings and hidden features to be easily identifed as non-original.

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? #681600
04/27/10 02:09 PM
04/27/10 02:09 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
you started this issue and then post this?

Quote:

Your perception and genius never ceases to amaze me Alan! ALL of this occurred when I disclosed that I had manufactured these Broadcast Sheets years ago. But OF COURSE this had absolutely nothing to do with me...of course it didn't Alan!!!

...and to think I originally thought that the only "back peddling" was performed on bicycles by Clowns at the Circus! Silly me...

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: 05dakota] #681601
04/27/10 02:10 PM
04/27/10 02:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I certainly did!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: Sssnake383] #681602
04/27/10 02:15 PM
04/27/10 02:15 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
Everyone needs to give it a rest already.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: not_a_charger] #681603
04/27/10 02:19 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
This subject should be nicknamed "Medusa".
As soon as you chop off its head, it immediately grows back!

Re: Broadcast Sheet Poll - are repros a good idea? [Re: anlauto] #681604
A collage of whims
topside Offline
Too Many Posts
topside  Offline
Too Many Posts

A collage of whims
DLW - As far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with you, your company, the products you make, or your motivation or thought processes. You've proven to be a valuable resource to the hobby and your products are first-rate.
I don't think the OP's purpose was to call you out or accuse you of anything, but to discuss the topic.
My only concern is the possible fraudulent use that reproduction documentation could be put to, and how the end user would be required to prove that the repro docs would be exact & 100% honest copies of a car's originals. Personally, I would not display the original docs with my car as I consider them irreplaceable. To avoid any possible stigma of faked docs, though, I've copied them in black & white on my copier. That might not be cool or accurate enough for some guys, and I understand that.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9