04/22/10 11:02 AM
04/22/10 11:02 AM
...gently down the stream
LAR_414 Offline
master
LAR_414  Offline
master

...gently down the stream
That stinks,....I was thinking of driving out and running in this event for the fun of it. It's one of the tracks that I consider within driving distance for me, since I don't trailer. I don't like racing 8th mile, so I won't go.

Wonder what happend?

Hope the same thing doesn't happen at the PID reunion race (at PRP) in Sept that is supposed to be a stop for UMTR as well. I plan on driving out and running at that event, for sure!

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: LAR_414] #677163
04/22/10 01:09 PM
04/22/10 01:09 PM
South Park, Pa.
68LAR Offline
master
68LAR  Offline
master

South Park, Pa.
If true, I'll be racing at PRP that weekend then. I was all set to go to Quaker City. What a bummer.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: 68LAR] #677164
04/22/10 02:05 PM
04/22/10 02:05 PM
Rochester, PA (near Pittsburgh...
1974 474 Duster Offline
super stock
1974 474 Duster  Offline
super stock

Rochester, PA (near Pittsburgh...
Wow BIG surprise a disagreement w/Quaker management. It will be the death of a great track, the management that is. See ya, Ken

5940911-09Norwalk.jpg (27 downloads)
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* [Re: 1974 474 Duster] #677165
04/22/10 03:48 PM
04/22/10 03:48 PM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Post deleted by sixpakdodge

Last edited by sixpakdodge; 04/22/10 03:49 PM.
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* [Re: sixpakdodge] #677166
04/22/10 05:43 PM
04/22/10 05:43 PM
western PA
S
stevet340 Offline OP
enthusiast
stevet340  Offline OP
enthusiast
S

western PA
Post deleted by stevet340

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: stevet340] #677167
04/22/10 07:23 PM
04/22/10 07:23 PM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Hmmm,
I wasn't planning on going to Quaker but Magnolia is very close to me.
There just might be 61 plus stick shift cars racing that day at Magnolia

5941353-launch.jpg (41 downloads)
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: KillerBee] #677168
04/22/10 08:25 PM
04/22/10 08:25 PM
ohio
M
mike67net Offline
mopar addict
mike67net  Offline
mopar addict
M

ohio
Quote:

Hmmm,
I wasn't planning on going to Quaker but Magnolia is very close to me.
There just might be 61 plus stick shift cars racing that day at Magnolia

By all means, do. We need more Mopars! We have a lot of fun, they are a good bunch to race with.

Mike

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: stevet340] #677169
04/22/10 08:32 PM
04/22/10 08:32 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,
Now I don't care about Quaker City at all! I ran the U.M.T.R races held there when I could. I wasn't at the race there last year because I broke the engine, kick a rod out the oil pan, the week before running my car AT Quaker City! Funny, I don't recall seeing YOU there on that Friday night??? The year before I broke the rearend the week before the U.M.T.R race there running my car AT Quaker City! Again, where were you??? I try to race more than one day a week when I can, do you??? The U.M.T.R race before that I broke the transmission AT the U.M.T.R race AT quaker City! The race before that I was working and couldn't make it. Yes, I tend to break stuff on my car, not many 9200 RPM 9.2 second 2950lb 340 cubic inch smallblocks don't break stuff now and then, especially when you race as much as I do at other tracks that want you to make runs in your car, parts tend to wear out and break. I use to race there a lot more, I have seen your car there a few times so PLEASE don't make it out like I have never been there, I was racing there when you were still in diapers sucking on a binkie. Best of luck there, with the extremely low car counts compared to other tracks,I'm sure you will make it past the first round at least once this season in your 10 second 2100lb with driver 500 cubic inch car... And to think that I was actually considering going there tomarrow (Friday) night before I heard the U.M.T.R race was cancelled! I am pretty sure there are other tracks open tomarrow that will accept my entry fee and let me actually run my car down the track for the spectators to see... Keep looking over your shoulder, I may show up there someday when I have low self esteem and need a quick pick me up... I'm sure I will have no problem putting you on the trailer along with all the other sitting ducks that only run there and think that Quaker City is the greatest... You really should come with me sometime to see the other side of racing and how much fun it really can be running your car down the track...

WOW Do you have a large mirror that you look in when your ready to race??I can feel that ego from here

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: hemi-itis] #677170
04/22/10 08:39 PM
04/22/10 08:39 PM
ohio
A
all spooled up Offline
super stock
all spooled up  Offline
super stock
A

ohio
stevet340 can you post your combo for all us small block guys

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: hemi-itis] #677171
04/22/10 08:53 PM
04/22/10 08:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,
Now I don't care about Quaker City at all! I ran the U.M.T.R races held there when I could. I wasn't at the race there last year because I broke the engine, kick a rod out the oil pan, the week before running my car AT Quaker City! Funny, I don't recall seeing YOU there on that Friday night??? The year before I broke the rearend the week before the U.M.T.R race there running my car AT Quaker City! Again, where were you??? I try to race more than one day a week when I can, do you??? The U.M.T.R race before that I broke the transmission AT the U.M.T.R race AT quaker City! The race before that I was working and couldn't make it. Yes, I tend to break stuff on my car, not many 9200 RPM 9.2 second 2950lb 340 cubic inch smallblocks don't break stuff now and then, especially when you race as much as I do at other tracks that want you to make runs in your car, parts tend to wear out and break. I use to race there a lot more, I have seen your car there a few times so PLEASE don't make it out like I have never been there, I was racing there when you were still in diapers sucking on a binkie. Best of luck there, with the extremely low car counts compared to other tracks,I'm sure you will make it past the first round at least once this season in your 10 second 2100lb with driver 500 cubic inch car... And to think that I was actually considering going there tomarrow (Friday) night before I heard the U.M.T.R race was cancelled! I am pretty sure there are other tracks open tomarrow that will accept my entry fee and let me actually run my car down the track for the spectators to see... Keep looking over your shoulder, I may show up there someday when I have low self esteem and need a quick pick me up... I'm sure I will have no problem putting you on the trailer along with all the other sitting ducks that only run there and think that Quaker City is the greatest... You really should come with me sometime to see the other side of racing and how much fun it really can be running your car down the track...

WOW Do you have a large mirror that you look in when your ready to race??I can feel that ego from here

its a xxl rear view mirror and a extra wide full length mirror in the trailer Hemi-itis, for the vain!

5941500-images.jpg (26 downloads)
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! #677172
04/22/10 09:27 PM
04/22/10 09:27 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,

its a xxl rear view mirror and a extra wide full length mirror in the trailer Hemi-itis, for the vain!

Geez, I think there's a song in there somewhere..... Where is Carly Simon when you need her. LOL

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: KD800X] #677173
04/22/10 09:31 PM
04/22/10 09:31 PM
Syracuse,NY
CompWedgeEngines Offline
master
CompWedgeEngines  Offline
master

Syracuse,NY
At least he didnt say " vein"....

Where is this track that the replacement race will be held at?

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: CompWedgeEngines] #677174
04/22/10 09:40 PM
04/22/10 09:40 PM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Quote:

At least he didnt say " vein"....

Where is this track that the replacement race will be held at?

Magnolia, Ohio

http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/

1/8th mile track

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: KD800X] #677175
04/22/10 09:55 PM
04/22/10 09:55 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,

Geez, I think there's a song in there somewhere..... Where is Carly Simon when you need her. LOL

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* [Re: KillerBee] #677176
04/22/10 10:08 PM
04/22/10 10:08 PM
western PA
S
stevet340 Offline OP
enthusiast
stevet340  Offline OP
enthusiast
S

western PA
Post deleted by stevet340

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: stevet340] #677177
04/22/10 10:18 PM
04/22/10 10:18 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote"there's nothing wrong with being proud of your acomplishments is there??? "end quote.>>>>>>No Steve,nothing wrong with being proud It's the way you look in the mirror while you berate other people.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: stevet340] #677178
04/22/10 11:52 PM
04/22/10 11:52 PM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
This post started off good and I was even thinking about running down the road to Magnolia to spectate. I figured Quaker dropped the ball.

I had a good time at LaRue for UMTRA's event last year.

I may never spectate at another UMTRA event again and I won't be at Magnolia.

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: stevet340] #677179
04/23/10 07:38 AM
04/23/10 07:38 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Where to begin... Hemi-itis you're "lookin for 8s"??? A blown hemi that runs less than 8s would be embarrassing to me if it was mine, it should run 7s minimum... I'm lookin for 8s myself, all with 340 cubic inches and 2950lbs... Superstockracer How superstock legal is your car??? I doubt that it runs 9.20s in NHRA legal trim??? More than likely it's a 500 plus cubic inch combo, INDY heads and all... please correct me if I am wrong. And KD800X do you even own a car? No pics or info on here but you jump on the bandwagon like a good little puppydog following along... Yeah I may have a bit of an ego or even chip on my shoulder, but I worked VERY hard to get my little engine to run right there with the bigblocks and even better than most, all without a blower or nitrous or turbo... there's nothing wrong with being proud of your acomplishments is there??? Oh yeah, I do have a large mirror in my car too see how far I leave the competition behind...

Steve... you really need to lighten up! All that anger is bad for your health.

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! [Re: roadhazard] #677180
04/23/10 08:09 AM
04/23/10 08:09 AM
Michigan
H
Hemiroid Offline
super stock
Hemiroid  Offline
super stock
H

Michigan
Quote:

This post started off good and I was even thinking about running down the road to Magnolia to spectate. I figured Quaker dropped the ball.

I had a good time at LaRue for UMTRA's event last year.

I may never spectate at another UMTRA event again and I won't be at Magnolia.

I certainly wouldn't let one guys ranting on a internet website stop me from going to the races and having a good time. It's not like he's a spokesman for the U.M.T.R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2