Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #650281
04/03/10 11:20 PM
04/03/10 11:20 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
I was not sure how many gallons of gas you come with, so I had to guess.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: Alaskan_TA] #650282
04/03/10 11:24 PM
04/03/10 11:24 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
I'll put it this way, you don't ever want to share a hotel room with me

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650283
04/04/10 02:53 AM
04/04/10 02:53 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

If you use the "car is the manual" theory, then I guess all cars would be a winner in OEM judging based on using that thought. You have to have a standard to judge against based on what is correct for the majority of the cars built.

Why would you "guess" anything about a program that you have already admitted, "I personally have absolutely no interest in restoring a car with the intentions of having it judged in an OE or any other kind of class....."? Just because a car has original characteristics doesn't automatically mean that it will be restored to represent exactly what it was! Why not use the same logic regarding the "Manual" you keep ranting about!?! If you think that having an original car guarantees that a person will automatically get a Gold award, do you also think that having a "Manual" will automatically guarantee a Gold award because someone has access to it? Simply having or using a "guideline" doesn't guarantee anything but the fact that you simply have access to a "guideline"! The work still has to be PROPERLY performed....does it not? The correct interpretation of the original characteristics still has to be documented and put back in place...do they not? Having a car as the "Manual" doesn't guarantee a Gold certification just like a reference "Manual" wouldn't guarantee anything! That would be like saying that because students have a book/manual to refer to, they are guaranteed to get an "A" in their class. Students have ALL the "Manuals" necessary to make "A's" yet the majority of them still fall short of the mark! WHY? Because the COMMITMENT and WORK still has to be provided by the individual!

Once again, your statement, "I personally have absolutely no interest in restoring a car with the intentions of having it judged in an OE or any other kind of class....." comes through LOUD and clear with regards to you NOT being able to understand the OE concept. There can be no Manual for OE restorations....PERIOD! If you ever decide to just take an hour to investigate what you keep trying to convey, YOU WOULD NO LONGER TRY TO CONVEY IT!!! With all due respect, you have no inkling as to what you are trying to argue about and defend.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650284
04/04/10 02:22 PM
04/04/10 02:22 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

First of all, this is not the proper thread for your constant arguing about this subject. If you read my original post I asked that people only vote and not comment. All respected this until YOU just HAD to post your thoughts. Thanks to you the thread is two pages long and completely off track.

You waste your time on me as I seldom read the your entire know-it-all rambling so save it for someone else that is interested. You seldom reply to what I have actually asked and always take things from context and blow it out of proportion, twist it, and never directly answer the questions I ask of you without some typical rant.

This is the last I will respond to you in this thread so save your answer. I know that will be impossible for you as you seem to always have to have the last word weather it is your thread or someone elses.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650285
04/04/10 02:42 PM
04/04/10 02:42 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

You seldom reply to what I have actually asked and always take things from context and blow it out of proportion, twist it, and never directly answer the questions I ask of you without some typical rant.

What a joke! Your "POLL" isn't even a "proper" Poll! Why should anyone take heed to your instructions? You have consistently ignored the words of everyone else! Whats the matter Darryl? Does looking in the mirror really bother you that much? The bottom line is that you want the prize but are unwilling to pay the price! Shortcuts and hurry up procedures in an OE Manual....how pathetic! You have been given every statistical fact by those who are involved with the program and STILL can't comprehend a thing.
Why not start a POLL or thread about the Easter Bunny? Today is the perfect day for it and your babbling about other imaginary concepts would be a perfect parallel for the occasion!

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650286
04/05/10 07:22 PM
04/05/10 07:22 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Dave.....You can't reason with the unreasonable, why even bother trying.

Even if you stop posting here you are bound to continue to recieve rhetorical e-mails and PM's, the guy lives in his own little twisted world.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #650287
04/05/10 11:04 PM
04/05/10 11:04 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Even if you stop posting here you are bound to continue to recieve rhetorical e-mails and PM's, the guy lives in his own little twisted world.

Have you received them too? (Sorry this is so long!) Take a look at the one he sent me the other day. No matter how many times you address his questions he acts as if he never hears you and continues to keep blabbering the same garbage over and over and over. He reminds me of Dustin Hoffman when he played "Raymond" in the movie "Rain-Man." I made it absolutely clear that no OE Judges at the Nationals were involved with ANY of the restorations that they judged. This goofball continues to spread incorrect gossip and rumors about the OE program and its purpose. According to Darryl (aka Raymond) the OE judging team is comprised of Roger Gibson, Mauro Brocca, Patrick Lyons, Paul Jacobs, Dave Stuart, Steve Been, Mike Mancini, etc..... This is odd because I am 100% positive that the OE Judging team is made up of Keith Rohm, Matt, Dan and Joy. I can also guarantee that they do not restore ANY of the cars they judge. This guy thinks there is a conspiracy to make the cars more valuable by giving them phony judging awards! I must have missed out on all of that when I entered!

He also so tries to make it sound as if it is some sort of exclusive/secret club. I find that quite peculiar!? I didn't know anyone involved with the OE program in 2003 and simply walked up to the judging team and asked for a sign up sheet to enter in 2005. They politely gave me a form and a sheet telling me what I had to do and I did it! Nothing hard or secret whatsoever.

Notice his last remarks. He obviously wants to make the OE program a NON-OE Program. He apparently is enamored with the Corvette Judging Program which is completely opposite to the Mopar Nationals OE program. He keeps insisting on "Manuals" to use as a guideline. I did a Google search and found MANY manuals on how to restore Mopar vehicles! There was PROJECT CHARGER by Larry Lyles, CHARGER, ROADRUNNER & SUPER BEE RESTORATION GUIDE by Paul Herd, CHALLENGER & BARRACUDA RESTORATION GUIDE by Paul Herd, etc.... There are DOZENS of restoration guides but this guy is too lazy to spend the time to find and research them! Instead he wants to lower the bar so he can sit back and play connect the dots with a "cookie cutter" book about Mopars. When a car is judged in the OE class it is all about THE UNPUBLISHED INDIVIDUAL ASPECTS of the vehicle. Every car has differences that NO MANUAL can provide specific instructions about! THAT IS WHAT MAKES OE JUDGING WHAT IT IS! This guy can't seem to get that SIMPLE point. He doesn't really want to change the OE venue! He just wants to make it blend in with every other judged event. I wonder if he goes into Burger King and demands that they turn themselves into a McDonald's restaurant?! The only person that needs to be open minded here is Darryl! I didn't try to change the OE venue to accommodate my agenda....I simply researched what it was about and did what was necessary to be involved! This poor guy doesn't have an inkling as to what is going on in the OE program. The only person being "pig headed" is Porky Pi...uh... I mean...uh...Darryl.

Enjoy his warped rationale!

"I have been chuckling at how much this thread has been eating at you. I am sure that the voting is just killing you. That is enough for me to see that I am not the only one that is aware of what was/is going on with the Mopar Nationals OEM judging. It is pretty much a joke amongst the rest of the collector car hobby that the awards hold little value to those people because there is no real "standard" that the car is truely judged against. Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

As I said in the beginning, this was common knowledge before you were ever on the scene. Maybe SOME of it has changed but from the posts on Moparts on this subject in the last month I have to believe that a lot of the things people were complaining about 10 years ago are still a problem today. Go back and look at the questions I asked in all these threads and notice how the responses are PARTIAL to my questions and how people only respond to what has changed and say nothing about the things that are obviously still a problem.

It makes no difference if I or anyone else want to have a car judged in OEM competition or not, everyone that wants to buy a manual to inspect, repair, restore their car for their own satisfaction should be able to buy one. It is this way with other makes so why should the judging criteria for the Mopar Nationals be only for the "secret squirrel club?" There is only one REAL answer to that is there.

Do yourself a favor an look at the NCRS judging format, manuals, and their phylosophy regarding all of this. It is all about what is the best thing for the hobby, not the individual. They judge against a standard and have top and secondary flights of awards so that ALL cars have the potential to receive a top flight award. It seems to me that the Mopar Nationals is all about who has the best judged car for a particular year.

Be a little open minded about this rather that so pig headed."

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650288
04/06/10 01:16 AM
04/06/10 01:16 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Have you received them too? (Sorry this is so long!) Take a look at the one he sent me the other day. No matter how many times you address his questions he acts as if he never hears you and continues to keep blabbering the same garbage over and over and over. He reminds me of Dustin Hoffman when he played "Raymond" in the movie "Rain-Man." I made it absolutely clear that no OE Judges at the Nationals were involved with ANY of the restorations that they judged. This goofball continues to spread incorrect gossip and rumors about the OE program and its purpose. According to Darryl (aka Raymond) the OE judging team is comprised of Roger Gibson, Mauro Brocca, Patrick Lyons, Paul Jacobs, Dave Stuart, Steve Been, Mike Mancini, etc..... This is odd because I am 100% positive that the OE Judging team is made up of Keith Rohm, Matt, Dan and Joy. I can also guarantee that they do not restore ANY of the cars they judge. This guy thinks there is a conspiracy to make the cars more valuable by giving them phony judging awards! I must have missed out on all of that when I entered!

He also so tries to make it sound as if it is some sort of exclusive/secret club. I find that quite peculiar!? I didn't know anyone involved with the OE program in 2003 and simply walked up to the judging team and asked for a sign up sheet to enter in 2005. They politely gave me a form and a sheet telling me what I had to do and I did it! Nothing hard or secret whatsoever.

Notice his last remarks. He obviously wants to make the OE program a NON-OE Program. He apparently is enamored with the Corvette Judging Program which is completely opposite to the Mopar Nationals OE program. He keeps insisting on "Manuals" to use as a guideline. I did a Google search and found MANY manuals on how to restore Mopar vehicles! There was PROJECT CHARGER by Larry Lyles, CHARGER, ROADRUNNER & SUPER BEE RESTORATION GUIDE by Paul Herd, CHALLENGER & BARRACUDA RESTORATION GUIDE by Paul Herd, etc.... There are DOZENS of restoration guides but this guy is too lazy to spend the time to find and research them! Instead he wants to lower the bar so he can sit back and play connect the dots with a "cookie cutter" book about Mopars. When a car is judged in the OE class it is all about THE UNPUBLISHED INDIVIDUAL ASPECTS of the vehicle. Every car has differences that NO MANUAL can provide specific instructions about! THAT IS WHAT MAKES OE JUDGING WHAT IT IS! This guy can't seem to get that SIMPLE point. He doesn't really want to change the OE venue! He just wants to make it blend in with every other judged event. I wonder if he goes into Burger King and demands that they turn themselves into a McDonald's restaurant?! The only person that needs to be open minded here is Darryl! I didn't try to change the OE venue to accommodate my agenda....I simply researched what it was about and did what was necessary to be involved! This poor guy doesn't have an inkling as to what is going on in the OE program. The only person being "pig headed" is Porky Pi...uh... I mean...uh...Darryl.

Enjoy his warped rationale!

"I have been chuckling at how much this thread has been eating at you. I am sure that the voting is just killing you. That is enough for me to see that I am not the only one that is aware of what was/is going on with the Mopar Nationals OEM judging. It is pretty much a joke amongst the rest of the collector car hobby that the awards hold little value to those people because there is no real "standard" that the car is truely judged against. Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

As I said in the beginning, this was common knowledge before you were ever on the scene. Maybe SOME of it has changed but from the posts on Moparts on this subject in the last month I have to believe that a lot of the things people were complaining about 10 years ago are still a problem today. Go back and look at the questions I asked in all these threads and notice how the responses are PARTIAL to my questions and how people only respond to what has changed and say nothing about the things that are obviously still a problem.

It makes no difference if I or anyone else want to have a car judged in OEM competition or not, everyone that wants to buy a manual to inspect, repair, restore their car for their own satisfaction should be able to buy one. It is this way with other makes so why should the judging criteria for the Mopar Nationals be only for the "secret squirrel club?" There is only one REAL answer to that is there.

Do yourself a favor an look at the NCRS judging format, manuals, and their phylosophy regarding all of this. It is all about what is the best thing for the hobby, not the individual. They judge against a standard and have top and secondary flights of awards so that ALL cars have the potential to receive a top flight award. It seems to me that the Mopar Nationals is all about who has the best judged car for a particular year.

Be a little open minded about this rather that so pig headed."

THIS IS A BOLD FACE LIE...REPEAT BOLD FACE LIE.

Copy and paste anything I have ever written naming any judges of the Mopar Nationals judges.

You constantly take things out of context and write things that I have never said or written. You sir are A BOLD FACED LIAR. No name calling here, simply stating a FACT. Prove me wrong.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650289
04/06/10 08:04 AM
04/06/10 08:04 AM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline
master
hemi68charger  Offline
master

Houston, Tx
Ah Oh... If the NCRS (National Corvette Restorers Society) gets involved, we're all going to get sued for using the term "Survivor" incorrectly......

When one goes to a country bar, don't expect Zeppelin or Rush.

Troy

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)
Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650290
04/06/10 11:52 AM
04/06/10 11:52 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

You are either mentally ill or have some form of Dementia. That bold print quote (of yours) that I posted is EXACTLY; word for word; letter for letter what you sent to me in your first of four private messages. No one ever said that you mentioned anyone "specifically" regarding OE judges! Look at your first paragraph in that quote. YOU said that the judges at the Nationals were judging their own work. In order for that to be true, the people I refereed to (Roger Gibson, Mauro Brocca, Patrick Lyons, Paul Jacobs, Dave Stuart, Steve Been, Mike Mancini, etc.....) would have been the judges. THEY are the people who have been restoring the vehicles that get OE judged. Rather than play your little game Darryl why don't you take a moment to clear up and explain what you meant when you said:

"....Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

Who are you referring to when you say "judges judging cars that THEY restored"? If you read it the way it was written you are saying that the person who restores the car, also judges the car, which would make them an OE judge at the Nationals!

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650291
04/06/10 12:45 PM
04/06/10 12:45 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

You are either mentally ill or have some form of Dementia. That bold print quote (of yours) that I posted is EXACTLY; word for word; letter for letter what you sent to me in your first of four private messages. No one ever said that you mentioned anyone "specifically" regarding OE judges! Look at your first paragraph in that quote. YOU said that the judges at the nationals were judging their own work. In order for that to be true, the people I refereed to (Roger Gibson, Mauro Brocca, Patrick Lyons, Paul Jacobs, Dave Stuart, Steve Been, Mike Mancini, etc.....) would have been the judges. THEY are the people who have been restoring the vehicles that get OE judged. Rather than play your little game Darryl why don't you take a moment to clear up and explain what you meant when you said:

"....Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

Who are you referring to when you say "judges judging cars that THEY restored"? If you read it the way it was written you are saying that the person who restores the car, also judges the car, which would make them an OE judge at the Nationals!

1. First of all it is NOT exactly what was in that PM as you are trying to portray it as a rant. It was a point by point answer to YOUR PM to me.

2. I never mention ANY name of ANY judge, YOU are the only one that mentioned ANYONE by name. Don't EVER put anything in print again stating I SAID or WROTE it again unless I have, LIAR.

Again, you have missed MY entire point, which is that there should be an available judging manual to those that want to buy one that is the EXACT one used at the Nationals so that people KNOW what and how to prepare their cars for judging. This is all I have been saying from the beginning. You on the other hand have taken it upon yourself to rant on and on about OTHER things. ICCA offers what I am referring to in THEIR judging format and MY poll simply asks if others would like to see the Mopar Nationals switch to that system because the Nationals judging format is not willing to offer a manual for sale.

I am fully aware of the books you mentioned, but does the Mopar Nationals USE their info completely for judging? No of course not.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650292
04/06/10 01:30 PM
04/06/10 01:30 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline
master
hemi68charger  Offline
master

Houston, Tx
Darryl,
I think I'll jump in here... I understand what you're trying to convey. I for the longest time tried to find something for the restoration of my '68 Hemi Charger R/T.

But in the mopar world, from what I'm gathering, it's pretty unrealistic to have what the Corvette guys have, or any other brand of car. Seems the Corvette guys look upon the NCRS as gospel along with their "manual". The previously mentioned Mopar literature on "how-to" contain in themselves errors and falsehoods.

MaMopar had many consistencies, but at the same time, there was production line, vendor supply or technique inconsistencies (I won't EVEN tell you about the problems with the Aero-Dodges).
That's where Dave speaks about each car being unique. A person can start off with the books to "point them" in the right direction, but it's up to the individual to educate themselves on their own car, combing through the "mopar" forensics if their lucky enough to have anything and go from there. When I restored my '68 Hemi Charger R/T, I took a plethora of detailed pictures during the complete disassembly (i.e, the undercoating spray pattern in the front fenders, the gap between the end caps and rear lower valance, etc.)

Maybe I'm way off base, but there isn't any clear-cut book from what I can understand. The judges have a criteria that's based and formed from their experiences. Is that anywhere near the truth Dave?

Troy

Troy
Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650293
04/06/10 01:39 PM
04/06/10 01:39 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

1. First of all it is NOT exactly what was in that PM as you are trying to portray it as a rant. It was a point by point answer to YOUR PM to me.

You are mentally ill Darryl! I NEVER sent you a PM until YOU forwarded the one that I posted! YOU sent the first instigating PM and I posted it EXACTLY the way you sent it. You are a sadistic pathological liar Darryl! That post is WORD for WORD what you sent and not a single letter was changed or altered. Why don't you post my "first" or initial private message Darryl? It would certainly clear up who started or instigated the PM contacts?!

Why didn't you answer the question about who you were talking about when you said;

"Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

No one ever said that you mentioned a judge specifically by name. ANY SANE PERSON who read your ridiculous rant would conclude that the Judges at the Nationals were ALSO the people who were restoring the cars so they could inflate the value of the vehicles. Have the guts to stand up for what you said! Feel free to post ANYTHING that I sent to you. Unlike yourself, I cover all the ground I walk on. (You now know what I meant when I said you were lazy and "dishonest".)

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: hemi68charger] #650294
04/06/10 02:02 PM
04/06/10 02:02 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

....but there isn't any clear-cut book from what I can understand. The judges have a criteria that's based and formed from their experiences. Is that anywhere near the truth Dave?

Troy

Hi Troy,
Sorry for the direction this has taken but I can't stand a gutless liar who can't stand up for what they have said or done. This moron (Darryl) started sending me private messages and wants everyone to think that I initiated the PMs and also altered what he sent. What a jerk!

To answer your question, the judges are just.....the judges. They don't write manuals or guidelines for the competition because that is not their job. Think of it this way. The judges who judge skating in the Olympics do not write the rules or the skating programs for the contestants that they judge! They judge the skaters on the basis of YEARS of experience as it pertains to the event. They don't tell the skaters what their program should be or how they should perform it. It is up to the skaters to do the work leading up to the Olympic event. The "guidelines" for what is expected of them is similar to the "Manuals" that HAVE been written for these cars. Everyone knows that a restored car should have wheels, suspension parts, glass, interior, tires, exhaust, engine, etc.... The "manuals" that are available provide instructions for how Mopar cars are restored on a basic level. They can't tell you exactly how the details should be as they relate to individualistic features just like an Olympic skating judge doesn't tell the skaters what they should do in their program! It is up to the participants to do the required work as it relates to their performance.
When the Judging is finished at the Nationals, paperwork IS provided that tells what (and why) any deductions were given in ALL the areas. I don't know why these OE judges have suddenly become responsible for providing restoration guides and procedures for doing the participants cars!?! They are only the Judges! They judge vehicles based on their years of experience. They are not baby sitters making sure that everyone is doing what they are suppose to do! That is up to the OE participant. That is why it is a harder venue to be involved with because the responsibilities are on the shoulders of the OE participant!! I hope this helps explain some of the OE specifics.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650295
04/06/10 03:36 PM
04/06/10 03:36 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline
master
hemi68charger  Offline
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

...I hope this helps explain some of the OE specifics.

For me it does.. It's a "competition" that encompasses not only the car, but the person who it is "suppose" to represent. There is usually a couple of people who are involved in the restoration of a car, but it's usually up to the owner of the car to be the project manager, orchestrator, what-have-you. I told the body shop that painted my Hemi Charger how to do the overspray, keep the gaps in the rear valance-to-end cap, etc. It was me..

It's kind of like my wife's baking competition shows; they all have to make a cake and the cake has certain criteria and basic ingredients, but it's how the baker puts it all together that counts. It's up to the baker to figure out what's best and what's not.

Your skating analogy makes perfect sense to me. It would be nice if there was a "Restoring Mopars for Dummies", but there isn't...... So, we have to do our own thing....... After all, for me, it's this challenge that's the fun part and it's places like clubs, Moparts, the Charger Forum and mopar buddies that "teach" us. It's up to our own experience to brush aside the BS and embrace the truisms (for a lack of a better term)

Troy

Troy
Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: hemi68charger] #650296
04/06/10 04:40 PM
04/06/10 04:40 PM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
i have a feeling im gonna regret this, i hope not

does the nationals judging have a judging sheet?

and if so is it available to the public?

wouldnt that provide critera for the judging?

tony

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: TONY_DAGOSTINO] #650297
04/06/10 04:55 PM
04/06/10 04:55 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
Quote:

does the nationals judging have a judging sheet? Yes I believe so.

and if so is it available to the public?

No , I don't believe it is

At least there was and it wasn't when I judged, but we've come a long since then. Keep in mind, Last time I judged Rick Berliske's 71 Demon was best in show should tell you something.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL [Re: hemi68charger] #650298
04/06/10 05:20 PM
04/06/10 05:20 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

It's kind of like my wife's baking competition shows; they all have to make a cake and the cake has certain criteria and basic ingredients, but it's how the baker puts it all together that counts. It's up to the baker to figure out what's best and what's not.

Thank you Troy! FINALLY.....there is someone who is starting to finally understand the concept of OE Judging! I am going to answer both you and Tony's question in this post.
There ARE published manuals for how to ("Restoring Mopars for Dummies") do these cars. When I did a Google search I found DOZENS of reference "Manuals" on how to restore a Mopar. The problem with those is that you have no way of knowing if their reference material is 100% correct! The only way to determine if it is accurate would be to research and document factory vehicles for yourself! THAT IS WHAT MAKES THE OE VENUE WHAT IT IS!!! That is the "challenge" for the OE participants. I will use the skating analogy once again. If it was left up to Darryl, he would have every skater doing the EXACT same thing with no variations in their presentation. The same applies with these cars! Every car is restored to "normal" protocol but the individual characteristics OF THE VEHICLE is what separates them from ALL of the other Chrysler vehicles manufactured.

To answer Mr. Tony D...you receive a score report after the the car has been judged but there is no judging sheet provided BEFORE it has been judged. All the pre-sheet would consist of is blank categories that listed things like "ENGINE COMPARTMENT'..."INTERIOR COMPONENTS"..."SUSPENSION COMPONENTS"...ETC.... There is nothing to judge until the vehicle shows up at the show to be judged! I have been involved with all types of judging venues. Once I became involved with OE Judging I knew that it would be a totally different ball of wax. Steve Been and I set out (all across the country) to research as many original vehicles as we could. I NEVER thought about trying to find shortcuts or use "someone else's" work because I KNEW that we were embarking in a totally new area of restoration! OE judging/Restoration is a process! It is not some list of "follow the dots" to make every car look the same. If people like Darryl do not like the OE venue, GO FIND AN EASIER VENUE TO PARTICIPATE IN! Think about it Tony. If every car attempted to meet a stringent set of rules or guidelines, it wouldn't be THE original car that it started out as! All you would end up with is a bunch of vehicles that all looked the same, with the same features, the same inspection marks, the same detail nuances, and on and on! That is not what OE Competition is about. Why would anyone want to change it? If you change it, then it will no longer be OE!

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650299
04/06/10 08:37 PM
04/06/10 08:37 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

[quote Why don't post my "first" or initial private message Darryl? It would certainly clear up who started or instigated the PM contacts?!

Why don't post my "first" or initial private message Darryl? It would certainly clear up who started or instigated the PM contacts?!

I will be happy to if someone will tell me how to display my sent PMs as they don't show up in my "home."

Here is YOUR PM that I was resopnding to point by point of yours.

"Because I or others don't want to COMPETE in OEM judged competition doesn't mean the judging manuals shouldn't be available to all that want to buy them."

Talk about assuming things for others!?! Who are you to determine what would be good or bad for those who HAVE been involved with the program? I came into the Chrysler hobby in 2002. I didn't have a "Manual"! I didn't know the Judges or have a political bond with them! I didn't have anyone but myself and Steve Been working on my cars! So the question is....how did someone as "green" and stupid as me obtain OE Gold two times out of two? According to you, I should never have been able to reach that point. Do you know how moronic you sound when you say that you have never done an OE vehicle, have never been involved with the judging or the venue but feel that there should be changes made?!? Based on what? Some gossip that you heard from other people who are also too lazy to do their own homework? Rather than sit around spouting off a bunch of "hear say" and "gossip", get up and look into the OE scenario for yourself. You REALLY come across foolishly when talk about something you (admittedly) know nothing about. I can assure you Darryl, if there was a way to assemble a "One for all OE Manual" on doing an OE car, I would have made one by now. I have THOUSANDS of hours over the past 8 years researching and documenting factory cars. This Valiant is my last OE project! You know why? Because I realize that if I did ten thousand cars, I would NEVER get to a specific way to instruct anybody on how to do them. Now by all means this is where you need to start arguing with me on how I am wrong because you know more about this subject matter than me.....right? You have never been involved with an OE restoration, have never researched one, have never been through the judging process BUT you are most certainly going to argue and tell me where I am wrong! By all means Darryl, continue to look more like a fool by commenting on things that you (admittedly) know nothing about! OE is different than ANY other show process or judging in the World. Why do you think that there are so few that ever reach the level? Think before you speak! You won't come across like a spoiled little kid demanding more play time.

Re: ICCA JUDGING AT THE NATIONALS AND REGIONAL-- POLL #650300
04/06/10 09:59 PM
04/06/10 09:59 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

You are certainly a pathetic pathological Liar Darryl. That was the SECOND PM that I sent to you. It was YOU who instigated the "behind scenes" ordeal by sending the FIRST PM (which I already posted earlier in this thread) and my initial RESPONSE was:

Taking advice from you about OE Judging would be about like taking running advice from a double leg amputee. I will just keep building OE cars while people like you sit back and complain about how the venue isn't fair. (It has certainly worked for me! Then again I haven't minded the WORK!) One more thing Darryl.....you sure have spent a lot of time writing about something you have no interest in. I also liked the one about how you have not been reading my replies! Lazy and dishonest! What an admirable combination of character traits. You should be proud.

THAT was my first PM message sent (in RESPONSE) to you RAIN-MAN....get the facts straight!

Now back to the original question that you keep avoiding. You made the comment in the FIRST instigating PM sent to me so stand by it! What National OE Judges were you referring to (by name) when you stated:

"Awards given to cars by favoritism by judges judging cars that THEY restored for others for profit doesn't hold much value for these collectors unless they were not aware of what was going on. This is EXACTLY what the owners of these cars hope for when they restore, and have their car judged by the guy that did the work for them with the intentions of advertising for sale their "1st place Mopar Nationals OEM award winning car."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4