M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Here's an example I saw posted elsewhere on how the towing laws differ in Florida (upcoming race in Bradenton prompted it), and if you don't comply it gets VERY expensive.

Quote:

If your combined truck/motorhome and trailer is over 65', it is a $1500 fine to travel in Florida without a permit. The FL-DOT is relentless and will be watching all out of state combinations from the state line to the track.

All of the forums are littered with racers crying over the $1500 tickets.

A 5-Day overlength permit is $25

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.fdotmaint.com/PermitNew/home.asp
If you have any questions, please contact the State Permits Office at (850) 410-5777

Call the above and they'll fax you an application and credit card authorization (ask for that too).

You still have time to submit and then print for your records before leaving.

Other tickets being issued were for not having a commercial license if a trailer is over 28' long -- if the truck (even a pickup) or trailer, or the race car had any company name (even sponsorship) on it. Remember, a 24' trailer is actually 28' long with the a-frame.

Tickets were also issued for fuel not being in the original container or too much fuel (I forget how much was too much) without a license.

So that does not say that it's illegal to run any of different combination's in Florida it just states that you are legal if you do your homework ahead of time and pay their fee's

Russ

Re: Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration= FRUSTRATION!!!! [Re: max_maniac] #629842
03/08/10 01:40 PM
03/08/10 01:40 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
There was a also a thread about a whole slew of racers at Maple Grove that got tickets for the registrations issues a few years ago, but I can't find it now. A cop was sitting somewhere on that one lane road pulling them over as they went by. I think the fines were about the same, starting at $1500 and going up, depending on how heavy you were. They had portable scales.

Give it a shot in PA if you want, just a friendly heads up.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3