M
mikeysmopars Offline
top fuel
mikeysmopars  Offline
top fuel
M

fresno ca
Quote:

Well a higher price doesn't always mean that the parts or service is better. There some Mopar engine builders who charge a lot but their customer service is really poor for example.

There are lots of examples where the cheap stuff is junk and shouldn't be used at all but sometimes some of the cheap stuff works just fine.

I sacraficed and saved for"Top Quality" head kit
and still broke it, But at least the service was crappy to keep everything the same!

Last edited by mikeysmopars; 01/07/10 06:34 PM.

Founder and CEO of the Central Valley Mopar Drag Pack
Re: *MOVED. Why people wont pay more for Quality parts/serv [Re: mikeysmopars] #572858
05/05/10 04:01 PM
05/05/10 04:01 PM
Indiana
F
Fury Fan Offline
master
Fury Fan  Offline
master
F

Indiana
Keep in mind, sometimes a lower price doesn't mean it's cheap. Sometimes new/improved manufacturing materials and processes can allow a 'new guy' to undercut the competition's price AND deliver better quality.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.
Re: *MOVED. Why people wont pay more for Quality parts/serv [Re: Fury Fan] #572859
05/05/10 06:31 PM
05/05/10 06:31 PM
St. Paul , Mn.
tubtar Offline
master
tubtar  Offline
master

St. Paul , Mn.
Quote:

Keep in mind, sometimes a lower price doesn't mean it's cheap. Sometimes new/improved manufacturing materials and processes can allow a 'new guy' to undercut the competition's price AND deliver better quality.

Then , ya got your prison labor.
The race car is not where I skimp.
I drive a hunk of excrement to and from work and have no problem putting the cheaper brake pads or tires on it.
Hell , I usually drive it in on Sunday afternoon and drive it home Friday evening , so it just isn't a priority.
When buying parts for any performance vehicle I own , I tend to look for companies that have a proven history.
As a rule , that isn't cheap.
But I have the knowledge that I put my hard earned ducats into quality parts that will give me everything I expect of them.
Being realistic about what I / you are going to accomplish sets the tone too.
What is perfectly adequate at 6000 rpm or 400 h.p. might not be what we need at the next level.
And believe me , I am more guilty than the next guy when it comes to over building and over spending.
But I like to think I do a little less worrying.

Page 2 of 2 1 2