Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product??? [Re: DAYCLONA] #562121
12/26/09 03:01 PM
12/26/09 03:01 PM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Quote:

.....I've had no issuses with A,B,or E body installs, nor the Ford or Chevy application I've done, but I'm willing to alter the car for the application, that's what hotrod'n is all about
Mike

Can you enlighten me regarding your A Body install experiences? I don't mind some cutting and fabbing, but I'm concerned about the amount of cutting necessary on the torsion bar crossmember. I have a photo (see attachment) from Richard at Keisler of the necessary cuts and they look downright scary strength-wise. How do you reinforce this area? Or do you...

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.
Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product??? [Re: OSO] #562122
12/26/09 03:35 PM
12/26/09 03:35 PM
Clinton Twp. Michigan
coronet1966d Offline
master
coronet1966d  Offline
master

Clinton Twp. Michigan
has anyone ever swapped one into an older full size ram?

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product??? [Re: coronet1966d] #562123
12/26/09 04:39 PM
12/26/09 04:39 PM
HOUSTON,TX
O
OSO Offline OP
OSO  Offline OP
O

HOUSTON,TX
Quote:

has anyone ever swapped one into an older full size ram?

If they did i want to know what tail shaft housing they used. The Srt 10 uses a t56 but the shifter mount is to far forward add the height of the shifter handle and its almost useless for a race application.

Does anyone have the measurement of a small block bell housing that Keisler uses or if you have the magnum t56 with the multi shifter location what is the measurement from block face to center of the furthest handle location?

Ideal location would be about 6 inches further back than the stock location of the srt 10 or dodge ram with a manual.
Pictures are of the stock shifter location on a srt 10 with a 3-4 inch shorter shifter handle.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: MadMatt] #562124
12/26/09 05:04 PM
12/26/09 05:04 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

.....I've had no issuses with A,B,or E body installs, nor the Ford or Chevy application I've done, but I'm willing to alter the car for the application, that's what hotrod'n is all about
Mike

Can you enlighten me regarding your A Body install experiences? I don't mind some cutting and fabbing, but I'm concerned about the amount of cutting necessary on the torsion bar crossmember. I have a photo (see attachment) from Richard at Keisler of the necessary cuts and they look downright scary strength-wise. How do you reinforce this area? Or do you...

Thats freakin crazy I have seen a few other "slight"modifications before but that is the first A-body "no hack job" installation that they advertise. I made less of a hole to put the huge Richmond in my car.
I would stay away from cutting that much off of your T-bar member.
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: fourgearsavoy] #562125
12/26/09 05:18 PM
12/26/09 05:18 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Thats freakin crazy I have seen a few other "slight"modifications before but that is the first A-body "no hack job" installation that they advertise. I made less of a hole to put the huge Richmond in my car.
I would stay away from cutting that much off of your T-bar member.
Gus

Right, and precisely why I'll never run one in my Duster, there's no way in hades that I'll be hacking up the floor of a real 340 car like that even though an extra gear would be nice. I'll just wait to see what Jamie comes up with.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #562126
12/26/09 07:16 PM
12/26/09 07:16 PM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Quote:

Right, and precisely why I'll never run one in my Duster, there's no way in hades that I'll be hacking up the floor of a real 340 car like that even though an extra gear would be nice. I'll just wait to see what Jamie comes up with.

Same goes for me!! I'll wait for Jamie.

Just wish he'd hurry...

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.
Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: MadMatt] #562127
12/26/09 08:03 PM
12/26/09 08:03 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Quote:

Same goes for me!! I'll wait for Jamie.

Just wish he'd hurry...

Well that's the dilema in hodrodding a car with anything aftermarket, Mopar guys want the bolt-on no mods needed upgrades,....in the real world that's not the case regardless of the application,....if your worried about paint daubs, numbers, originality, so-called value,....then keep it stock, I have no regard for numbers, or originality, I modify the machine, which it is IMHO, to accept any upgrades I deem,.....I see no big deal in cutting away a crossmember to gain clearance, the big issuse is doing nothing to add re-enforcements.....when it's all said and done, it's under the carpet, who cares!....really?

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: DAYCLONA] #562128
12/26/09 08:17 PM
12/26/09 08:17 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Well that's the dilema in hodrodding a car with anything aftermarket, Mopar guys want the bolt-on no mods needed upgrades,....in the real world that's not the case regardless of the application,....if your worried about paint daubs, numbers, originality, so-called value,....then keep it stock

Rather narrow one sided viewpoint you have there! I say you are mistaken, all it takes are the right parts to make a true bolt in work and changing back to "Paint Daub Correct" a worry free possibility and it sounds like those parts aren't too far around the corner. If you wish to go on hacking stuff up in the name of customizing go for it, I'll choose to be patient and wait for the right parts to come along.

BTW, aren't you the guy building the RTS Cuda clone? Do you plan on putting a Kiesler in that? Are you building it in your driveway or did you get a shop since you no longer work for Pam & Gary? Have you built anything since you worked for them? Post some pics if you have any.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product??? [Re: OSO] #562129
12/26/09 08:28 PM
12/26/09 08:28 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

I am looking for a trans set up to go behind my motor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2fGeL7DEE

James,... if the RT T56 is what your looking for, and shifter location is a main concern, contact Keisler directly, either Gene.Richard,Jeff or Shafi can supply you with a print via email,...I had a T56 print at 1 time, IIRC there's 3 options for location from Keisler, that may or may not apply to the DB on the RT T56, call to confirm

Mike

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: DAYCLONA] #562130
12/26/09 11:39 PM
12/26/09 11:39 PM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Quote:

I modify the machine, which it is IMHO, to accept any upgrades I deem,.....I see no big deal in cutting away a crossmember to gain clearance, the big issuse is doing nothing to add re-enforcements.....when it's all said and done, it's under the carpet, who cares!....really?

My car is not stock and has numerous modifications - all of which I like to think were carefully and tastefully executed.

However, while you see no big deal in cutting away the cross member that retains the torsion bars I think it is a pretty serious issue, considering what would happen if it were to fail while you were driving the vehicle at speed. I agree the issue is adding reinforcements, which is why my original post to you asked you what you have done on your A-body installs. Since you apparently have the hands-on experience can you tell me SPECIFICALLY what you did to reinforce the x-member after you cut those portions away?

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: MadMatt] #562131
12/26/09 11:53 PM
12/26/09 11:53 PM
HOUSTON,TX
O
OSO Offline OP
OSO  Offline OP
O

HOUSTON,TX
Quote:

Quote:

I modify the machine, which it is IMHO, to accept any upgrades I deem,.....I see no big deal in cutting away a crossmember to gain clearance, the big issuse is doing nothing to add re-enforcements.....when it's all said and done, it's under the carpet, who cares!....really?

My car is not stock and has numerous modifications - all of which I like to think were carefully and tastefully executed.

However, while you see no big deal in cutting away the cross member that retains the torsion bars I think it is a pretty serious issue, considering what would happen if it were to fail while you were driving the vehicle at speed. I agree the issue is adding reinforcements, which is why my original post to you asked you what you have done on your A-body installs. Since you apparently have the hands-on experience can you tell me SPECIFICALLY what you did to reinforce the x-member after you cut those portions away?

Durability and shifter location are the two main factors. I was going to order the t56 magnum months ago but they were unsure of the measurements of the bell housing so it was still a guess and it was weeks before it would ship same with auto so i rebuilt my 727. Called again about the new trans and again no details other than they wont know any thing until next month. Hell if you can get the info i need i will buy the damn thing from you!

Im ready to put the truck back to stock and make a 15k dollar table out of the motor

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #562132
12/27/09 12:21 AM
12/27/09 12:21 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Quote:

Well that's the dilema in hodrodding a car with anything aftermarket, Mopar guys want the bolt-on no mods needed upgrades,....in the real world that's not the case regardless of the application,....if your worried about paint daubs, numbers, originality, so-called value,....then keep it stock

Rather narrow one sided viewpoint you have there! I say you are mistaken, all it takes are the right parts to make a true bolt in work and changing back to "Paint Daub Correct" a worry free possibility and it sounds like those parts aren't too far around the corner. If you wish to go on hacking stuff up in the name of customizing go for it, I'll choose to be patient and wait for the right parts to come along.

BTW, aren't you the guy building the RTS Cuda clone? Do you plan on putting a Kiesler in that? Are you building it in your driveway or did you get a shop since you no longer work for Pam & Gary? Have you built anything since you worked for them? Post some pics if you have any.

Maybe you should get your facts straight Harms, Gary and Pam weren't my employers, they were former CUSTOMERS,.....and what you never worked in your driveway, my garage is Filled to capacity, and if you've seen any of my past posts, I think you've seen I been rather busy with quite a few customers cars,.....unlike some, I have plently of customers and work,.......what this has to do with a Keisler post?, I don't know, but you felt it was of concern,......I guess you can sleep soundly now .....but hey that RTS clone sounds like a good project , I'll keep it in mind, you have any pics? or maybe I could cut a nice numbers 340 Duster to make an RTS Duster, that's about the only Duster I ever saw that was appealing.....I'd put a Keisler in that!

5691498-rtsduster.jpg (143 downloads)
Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: DAYCLONA] #562133
12/27/09 12:51 AM
12/27/09 12:51 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
What's the matter Mike? I must have hit a nerve?...Careful now, your true colors are showing again.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: OSO] #562134
12/27/09 12:57 AM
12/27/09 12:57 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Durability and shifter location are the two main factors. I was going to order the t56 magnum months ago but they were unsure of the measurements of the bell housing so it was still a guess and it was weeks before it would ship same with auto so i rebuilt my 727. Called again about the new trans and again no details other than they wont know any thing until next month. Hell if you can get the info i need i will buy the damn thing from you!
......................................................................................................

James, ...I don't know what the issuses are with the bellhousing dems,...you say you've built a 426 motor, is this a vintage HEMI BB, or a 6.1 3rd gen HEMI, which would use a modified SmBlk Mopar bellhousing?.....which has been done many times over by Keisler....either way, IMHO I'd wait on Keisler if you want the RT T56, as this sounds like what you want,....as far as the Passon 5spd could be a long time down the road?

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #562135
12/27/09 01:02 AM
12/27/09 01:02 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

What's the matter Mike? I must have hit a nerve?...Careful now, your true colors are showing again.

No nerve hitting, just wanted you to be properly informed ......I wouldn't want you to have a restless sleep over it....nighty nite!

By the way,....you want to sell that 340 numbers Duster you have?....I was thinkin of a great project

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: DAYCLONA] #562136
12/27/09 01:09 AM
12/27/09 01:09 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
I don't own a numbers matching 340 Duster Mike, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #562137
12/27/09 01:14 AM
12/27/09 01:14 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Right, and precisely why I'll never run one in my Duster, there's no way in hades that I'll be hacking up the floor of a real 340 car like that even though an extra gear would be nice.

Numbers smumbers, it dosen't matter, sounds like it could be a nice project,....not for sale?,....I have a Keisler TKO 600 sitting in the garage, still in the box, set up for an A body, seriously,....sounds like it could be a nice driveway project

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: DAYCLONA] #562138
12/27/09 01:19 AM
12/27/09 01:19 AM
HOUSTON,TX
O
OSO Offline OP
OSO  Offline OP
O

HOUSTON,TX
Modified 6.1, I have been battling transmission issues for a year and a half now. Really need a vendor that can back there product not just say they will. If there is a weak spot on the transmission im going to find it.

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: OSO] #562139
12/27/09 01:33 AM
12/27/09 01:33 AM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

Numbers smumbers, it dosen't matter, sounds like it could be a nice project,....not for sale?,....I have a Keisler TKO 600 sitting in the garage, still in the box, set up for an A body, seriously,....sounds like it could be a nice driveway project

Oh it's a real 340 car alright, has the original fender tag, body stampings, and a VIN tag, but the original engine and trans are MIA, so it's not a numbers matching car anymore. If you really have your heart set on it I'll sell it to you Mike, but I don't think you'd like my price. Tell you what, show up at my door with a bag of cash and we'll work the details out. Once you own it you can hack it all you want, after all, it's just another junky old A-body, who'd care?

Re: Keisler Transmissions , whos running their product [Re: OSO] #562140
12/27/09 01:50 AM
12/27/09 01:50 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Modified 6.1, I have been battling transmission issues for a year and a half now. Really need a vendor that can back there product not just say they will. If there is a weak spot on the transmission im going to find it.

I could only think the reason Keisler is holding you up on buying the RT T56, is they're waiting to "package" it for production, as perhaps some of the componets for installation are still 1 off pcs,....the TKO in my Daytona (70B Body) was a preproduction peice from Keisler, it was purchased from Shafi on the basis of customer feedback, and what mods I needed to perform to get it in the car, and what issuses I encountered.....Keisler has had Alpha and Beta test installs done by a handful of customers over the years to further their developement/redesign on production models,.....so perhaps that may be another reason for the delay,.....or perhaps theres a possibility your vehicle could be a pretest bed for the RT T56,....contact Keisler directly, Shafi's Email is listed on their site, if anyone is going to make it happen, as Shafi is the owner

And as far as a vendor backing their product, from my PERSONAL experience, Keisler has never failed in that aspect, in fact they've allways gone to extremes to rectify any issuses that may have occured,...which were usually minor in nature, James I'm the kinda guy that if I like a certain product, I have no issuses endorseing it, I don't like wasteing my time or money either, I don't have nothing to gain endorseing the use of a Keisler transmission, I've played with the Gear Vendors auto and manual set-ups, they did nothing for me performance, or reliability wise, and they had their installation issuses too,.....until somebody comes out with someting better than a Keisler built OD,....which I doubt, I'm a firm supporter of their product

Mike

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3