NE Oklahoma
V
Von Offline
master
Von  Offline
master
V

NE Oklahoma
[quote To have it all, to be on top, to have somthing that we all here can only dream of, or hope to have....they must differ from you and I, they must not be Human, bull crap. Fact is most everyone has done or been involved with drugs, be it self inflicted, or a familiy member... we as Cristians are suppose to forgive and forget. People make bad choices and mistakes, which are much worse than drug use. I dont care... In my eyes, he is the best and always will be. One thing I have learned in life that no matter how much, or many great and good things one does or accomplishes, people always forget, and remeber the bad and negitive choice & things they do first. I guess it is more easy to point fingers at someone else, than examine our own fualts

So here's to Darrell
One of the greatest Mopar drivers in History

Bob in Ky

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55103
03/18/08 05:51 PM
03/18/08 05:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman #55104
03/18/08 05:55 PM
03/18/08 05:55 PM
Tampa Fl
K
kens avenger Offline
mopar addict
kens avenger  Offline
mopar addict
K

Tampa Fl
So he liked alittle booger sugar//// hes some of the reason i got back into drag racing// was good people

Thanks darrell

Remember in here some don't think you should have a Opinion.. sad fact..
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman #55105
03/18/08 06:10 PM
03/18/08 06:10 PM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
I had problems with drugs in my youth and out ot 600 people in my high school probably about 10% were NOT into drugs then in the early 70's. Most of us got over it and have had a successful life, so anyone who hasn't had problems with drugs must have problems elsewhere in life. I met Darrel and Scott several times and they were always the most gracious people I have had the pleasure to meet. The great thing is that most people associated with Mopar Racing over the years have been great people, can you say that with other makes?

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: kens avenger] #55106
03/18/08 06:12 PM
03/18/08 06:12 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
I also understand..Darrel has a bad back..
the riggors of prostock...took its toll on his back..
if youve ever had back problems..i am sure its understandable..
when every other aspect of your life is Pain..
and driving makes it worse..
he had to quit..
Ive met him and talked to him yrs ago..many times
a humble guy and what i percieved as a guys guy..
construction,pu truck driving..hard working type of guy..
as far as his drug use..who didnt use drugs back in the 80's not saying it was right..just that it was a differnt time back then.. and its a slippery slope..as always.
He made good on it...thats all that matters in my book.
as far as Eckman.i didnt think he was banned for life...he just has to settle his fine..?
thats what ive always thought..its like 30 grand
not sure if there is interest..or not?
i could be wrong on the reason he cant drive?

as far as today...comeon..all i hear about is how G/A is using nitrous..and yadda yadda..
when your on top...and dominating..thats what the guys who cant get it done do..
they whine and complain and make up shegaggle..
all i know is..
finally mopars are making the mph and apperently power..
fingers crossed..
cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 47hudson] #55107
03/18/08 06:16 PM
03/18/08 06:16 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
I know Dave Koffel pretty well. Dave knows David Hutchins pretty well. When Darrell got in trouble he had to do community service. My wife asked Dave Hutchins about Darrell coming to my sons grade school and giving a speach about what drugs had done to him. To my suprise Darrell flew up to Michigan and came to my sons school. I went and listened that day. He made a very good speach. I don't if it made a difference, but both of my sons have always stayed out of trouble. One is even here on Moparts and in to cars big time (Dizuster). I am thankful Darrell took the time that day.
Doug

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: kens avenger] #55108
03/18/08 06:17 PM
03/18/08 06:17 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Some of you guys guys on your high moral horses need to get back down to earth!!! He was charged for distribution(he cut a line for a friend)SO WHAT!!! What a person does in his free time is no business of yours or anyone elses.I don't care if he did some blow in the 80's,so did half of America.Shame on you guys for judging his personal life

Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: fourgearsavoy] #55109
03/18/08 06:35 PM
03/18/08 06:35 PM
Watertown, WI
MikeyT Offline
master
MikeyT  Offline
master

Watertown, WI
I loved watching these guys in the 90's. They sure made racing fun again. It was also a pleasant thing to point out to the Chevy and ford guys too.

I forgive DA for his drug use and can say I respect it. I see a lot of people who fight addiction and can say recovery is a [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean]! Anyone who can manage it deserves major kudos!

Mike.

PS Its also been proven in my life that those who are the most judgemental of others often have things they would most certainly want left quiet. Now, think about that for a while.

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: MikeyT] #55110
03/18/08 06:55 PM
03/18/08 06:55 PM
Sk. Canada
RemCharger Offline
master
RemCharger  Offline
master

Sk. Canada
I wish I could be on a high horse like some of the guys around here....

DOH!!...I didn't mean it like that......

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: RemCharger] #55111
03/18/08 07:09 PM
03/18/08 07:09 PM
Colo
Billet426 Offline
mopar addict
Billet426  Offline
mopar addict

Colo
Darrell and Scott were class acts. For a while they were the only shinning light in the Mopar tent.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: gsmopar] #55112
03/18/08 07:25 PM
03/18/08 07:25 PM
sing sing
U
unknown Offline
mopar
unknown  Offline
mopar
U

sing sing
Quote:

I googled it: http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1547&Itemid=24

Dont believe everything you read,WHERE IS HIS PROOF.That magazine article is there opinion.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55113
03/18/08 07:39 PM
03/18/08 07:39 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Quote:

I just have to say I have no respect for anyone who has to plead guilty to federal drug charges. Cheater or not that shows a serious lack of character in my book and don't care if he ever makes it back to the show. He had it all going his way and threw it away over dope.

I agree 100%.

Yep, 200% here.

I had a great deal of respect and admiration for Alderman...until that. Then it went to ZERO. He's a punk, plain and simple. NHRA sucked on this deal too. They reinstated him (oh no, no pressure of race sponsor Mopar...), but won't reinstate Eckman, give me a break.

So glad to know that tools like this have never made bad decisions and had to pay for it...I have ZERO respect for people who think like this,who walk on water and are above us normal beings. We are celebrating YOUR resurrection this Sunday..

Goin down to Maple Grove and E-town watching the "Dodge" boys run was exciting to say the least...I can still picture the little red/white Daytona turning the corner goin in the burn-out box...No one could drive that short wheel based car like Alderman for the memories... For one of the greats

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: unknown] #55114
03/18/08 07:49 PM
03/18/08 07:49 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

I googled it: http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1547&Itemid=24

Dont believe everything you read,WHERE IS HIS PROOF.That magazine article is there opinion.

I guess there are still a few of you though the numbers seem to dwindle every time this thread is started. For some the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. Others want to see the bottle fly out of the car at half track. I heard some things at Koffels shortly after this broke but besides that how could a team who was absolutely dominating a class go from hero to not qualifying for several years? Oh ya there were only 4 blocks in existence. HMMM! -Bob

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: QuickBpBp] #55115
03/18/08 07:50 PM
03/18/08 07:50 PM
San Diego
S
StrokedDart Offline
pro stock
StrokedDart  Offline
pro stock
S

San Diego
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just have to say I have no respect for anyone who has to plead guilty to federal drug charges. Cheater or not that shows a serious lack of character in my book and don't care if he ever makes it back to the show. He had it all going his way and threw it away over dope.

I agree 100%.

Yep, 200% here.

I had a great deal of respect and admiration for Alderman...until that. Then it went to ZERO. He's a punk, plain and simple. NHRA sucked on this deal too. They reinstated him (oh no, no pressure of race sponsor Mopar...), but won't reinstate Eckman, give me a break.

So glad to know that tools like this have never made bad decisions and had to pay for it...I have ZERO respect for people who think like this,who walk on water and are above us normal beings. We are celebrating YOUR resurrection this Sunday..

Goin down to Maple Grove and E-town watching the "Dodge" boys run was exciting to say the least...I can still picture the little red/white Daytona turning the corner goin in the burn-out box...No one could drive that short wheel based car like Alderman for the memories... For one of the greats

yes he who has not sinned cast the first stone...
Big fan of Alderman here too.

1968 Dart
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: BobR] #55116
03/18/08 08:08 PM
03/18/08 08:08 PM
sing sing
U
unknown Offline
mopar
unknown  Offline
mopar
U

sing sing
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess there are still a few of you though the numbers seem to dwindle every time this thread is started. For some the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. Others want to see the bottle fly out of the car at half track. I heard some things at Koffels shortly after this broke but besides that how could a team who was absolutely dominating a class go from hero to not qualifying for several years? Oh ya there were only 4 blocks in existence. HMMM! -Bob

OK, people claim the batteries were the nitrous bottles and they were taken out of the car each round to refill them, I never saw that when I saw them race. The fact of the matter is - there were very few of those blocks casted and they had many problems with the castings. Plus, bore centers were 4.84 and Wayne County wanted to go to the 4.90 bore center Merlin blocks. Wayne county had many problems with blowing head gaskets on the old 4.84 blocks.
I am not for sure saying they were not cheating, but lets get the facts straight and lets see the proof.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: unknown] #55117
03/18/08 08:21 PM
03/18/08 08:21 PM
Lynchburg, VA
Leon441 Offline
master
Leon441  Offline
master

Lynchburg, VA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, people claim the batteries were the nitrous bottles and they were taken out of the car each round to refill them, I never saw that when I saw them race. The fact of the matter is - there were very few of those blocks casted and they had many problems with the castings. Plus, bore centers were 4.84 and Wayne County wanted to go to the 4.90 bore center Merlin blocks. Wayne county had many problems with blowing head gaskets on the old 4.84 blocks.
I am not for sure saying they were not cheating, but lets get the facts straight and lets see the proof.

That's the way I saw it. Not everyone runs a small block chevie and can just run out and buy new aftermarket parts. I know from some of the stuff I have ran that some parts become instinct. I am not saying they did not run nitrous because I don't know. But, the NHRA rule book that year left out the no NOS rule. They quickly put it back in during the season in ND. Rumor I heard was the dodge boys kept using.

As far as drugs I have a problem with people using and distributing. But, like it has been said everyone makes mistakes. Really it aint like he was selling to some kid on the street.

Darrel, I can forgive and forget and still think you are one of the best.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: unknown] #55118
03/18/08 08:22 PM
03/18/08 08:22 PM
S.E. South Dakota !
bigdad Offline
Still Posting A Lot
bigdad  Offline
Still Posting A Lot

S.E. South Dakota !
I really don't know why this topic needs to show up every three months with a bunch of non-facts
Or he said, she said ..

http://www.geocities.com/heartland/fields/4043/alderman.htm

Here are TWO facts

Darrell is retired ..

Scott is gone ..

I enjoyed and cheered for both and Their
autographed photo poster hangs proudly in my garage

Live long DA and RIP Scott

Let let them both be ..

The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating.Proverbs 18:6
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: bigdad] #55119
03/18/08 08:24 PM
03/18/08 08:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fixed

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: QuickBpBp] #55120
03/18/08 08:29 PM
03/18/08 08:29 PM
Pa
Hot 340 Offline
master
Hot 340  Offline
master

Pa
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree 100%.

Yep, 200% here.

Hope you never have/had children, and if you do I can only imagine.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman #55121
03/18/08 08:36 PM
03/18/08 08:36 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

fixed

I agree that the Dodge Boys weren't alone. I do know for a fact that the blocks that were supposedly vandalized weren't the only of those blocks in existence. Really, who tools up to build 4 blocks. I guess there are some of you still in denial. -Bob

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11