C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Quote:

I just have to say I have no respect for anyone who has to plead guilty to federal drug charges. Cheater or not that shows a serious lack of character in my book and don't care if he ever makes it back to the show. He had it all going his way and threw it away over dope.

I agree 100%.

Yep, 200% here.

I had a great deal of respect and admiration for Alderman...until that. Then it went to ZERO. He's a punk, plain and simple. NHRA sucked on this deal too. They reinstated him (oh no, no pressure of race sponsor Mopar...), but won't reinstate Eckman, give me a break.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55083
03/18/08 02:37 PM
03/18/08 02:37 PM
Rochester, PA (near Pittsburgh...
1974 474 Duster Offline
super stock
1974 474 Duster  Offline
super stock

Rochester, PA (near Pittsburgh...
So many rumors and stories about the Wayne county racing operation. I am a policeman and agree Darrell's drug woes were very bad indeed. But so many forget he was offered a deal by the Feds and N.H.R.A. back then. If he ratted the others racers out he would have not been suspended and received a much lesser sentence. Respect on my part goes out to a man that knows he did wrong and fixed his life. Seen so many people on both sides and respect those who take the heat and recover. As for he never did good again in racing thats false as well. He won one more championship before the "infamous" break in at the Wayne county facility. So he could still hang with the big boys SOBER!!! As for Scott he did suffer from a fall from his roof, but he did not die from it. He suffered a massive heart attack. When its your time if you are 1 or 101 you go. I still remember getting the call that Wayne county won the Gator Nationals for the 1st time. I couldnt fall back asleep, the call came in at 1 a.m. Darrell if you read this please in some way get back into contact with your fans!!! We all miss you and you smiling ways. It is an inspriation to all the Mopar boys out there.
Sincerely, Kenneth R. Michalik

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55084
03/18/08 02:38 PM
03/18/08 02:38 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Chris2581 Offline
master
Chris2581  Offline
master

Jacksonville, FL
A lot of you do not know the real story(and I don't either)but you guys are way to harsh on Darrell,and a lot of supposedly "facts" posted here are a bunch of BS.

Nautilus Racing-
We use Superformance gaskets and Turbo Action converters/products.
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55085
03/18/08 02:41 PM
03/18/08 02:41 PM
Western New York
sixpackbee Offline
master
sixpackbee  Offline
master

Western New York
Quote:

They reinstated him (oh no, no pressure of race sponsor Mopar...), but won't reinstate Eckman, give me a break

Darrel and Jerrys deals were different. One for substance abuse and one for competition in fraction. I think Jerry should be reinstated. It has been plenty long enough. As far as cheating goes. They were all guilty of it back then to some degree. After the poop hit the fan it took almost two years for the speed to get back where it was before.

1959 Bugeye Sprite
1967 Charger Black L code
1967 Coronet R/T Convert Green 440 auto bought from original owner
1968 Charger R/T Bronze 440 4 spd console AM/FM
1969 Super Bee WM21H B5 A40 D21 N96
1969 Barracuda Formula S 340 Convert pilot car
1969 Hemi Road Runner RM23J D32 Omaha orange 4.10 Dana N96 N85
1970 Super Bee WM23N FE5 V1X 3.91 axle package, N96
1970 Road Runner RM21N B3 V1X D13
1971 MG Midget
1971 Road Runner RM23H GW3, A57
1972 Road Runner RM23P FY1, D21
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55086
03/18/08 02:51 PM
03/18/08 02:51 PM
London, England
mopar_mark Offline
super stock
mopar_mark  Offline
super stock

London, England
Well I thought they were both great drivers and helped push Mopar to be once again a highly recognised brand in the early 90's.

Most motor sport involves some kind of "bending of the rules" as has been going on since the idea of motor sport was 1st thought of.
Even if we don't like to admit it or not its there, some are caught others are more fortunate.

As for the link with drugs and Alderman, he served his time, didnt moan just got on with it. So in my books thats OK with me.

So I don't see the point of continuing to harbor a grudge, its not like he's a mass murder, rapist, etc.

I'm sure there are not many people around with perfect clean history, well not that I know. Maybe that puts me in the same league.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: sixpackbee] #55087
03/18/08 03:03 PM
03/18/08 03:03 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Quote:

They reinstated him (oh no, no pressure of race sponsor Mopar...), but won't reinstate Eckman, give me a break

Darrel and Jerrys deals were different. One for substance abuse and one for competition in fraction. I think Jerry should be reinstated. It has been plenty long enough. As far as cheating goes. They were all guilty of it back then to some degree. After the poop hit the fan it took almost two years for the speed to get back where it was before.

Jerry is permitted back to the track, he just can't drive. He was working for some team last season.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: mopar_mark] #55088
03/18/08 03:05 PM
03/18/08 03:05 PM
Sk. Canada
RemCharger Offline
master
RemCharger  Offline
master

Sk. Canada
If there were'nt any finger pointers, we'd all be the same...how much fun is that?

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 1974 474 Duster] #55089
03/18/08 03:20 PM
03/18/08 03:20 PM
Upper Midwest
M
MoparforLife Offline
Too Many Posts
MoparforLife  Offline
Too Many Posts
M

Upper Midwest
Quote:

So many rumors and stories about the Wayne county racing operation. I am a policeman and agree Darrell's drug woes were very bad indeed. But so many forget he was offered a deal by the Feds and N.H.R.A. back then. If he ratted the others racers out he would have not been suspended and received a much lesser sentence. Respect on my part goes out to a man that knows he did wrong and fixed his life. Seen so many people on both sides and respect those who take the heat and recover. As for he never did good again in racing thats false as well. He won one more championship before the "infamous" break in at the Wayne county facility. So he could still hang with the big boys SOBER!!! As for Scott he did suffer from a fall from his roof, but he did not die from it. He suffered a massive heart attack. When its your time if you are 1 or 101 you go. I still remember getting the call that Wayne county won the Gator Nationals for the 1st time. I couldnt fall back asleep, the call came in at 1 a.m. Darrell if you read this please in some way get back into contact with your fans!!! We all miss you and you smiling ways. It is an inspriation to all the Mopar boys out there.
Sincerely, Kenneth R. Michalik

I agree with this in a great way. Many people make a mistake on drugs but I respect those who are able to admit it and pay thier dues and get on with their life on the straight. It takes alot to break out of drugs. It is not an easy thing to do.
Nobody is perfect and some fall harder than others. I am not perfect and don't want to be. There was only one perfect Person and they Crucified Him.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: RemCharger] #55090
03/18/08 03:22 PM
03/18/08 03:22 PM
Arizona, USA
gsmopar Offline
super stock
gsmopar  Offline
super stock

Arizona, USA
Cheat Smeat... I want to see the nitrous set ups! Can you imagine the engineering that went into those kits to hide them? I read the article in the link I posted and they said the teams that were sucessful (with nitrous), plumed it through the motor plate and into the hood scoop! How fricken cool is that!!!

Sorry, I'm an engineer. I really enjoy the "how" and don't care much for the "why."

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: gsmopar] #55091
03/18/08 03:24 PM
03/18/08 03:24 PM
IN
Irun5snd8th Offline
master
Irun5snd8th  Offline
master

IN
This is the internet. Everything here is true!!!

AFCO, Rons Fuel Injection sponsored Dodge Challenger Mention Street Lethal Motorsports
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Prostock] #55092
03/18/08 03:26 PM
03/18/08 03:26 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jerry is permitted back to the track, he just can't drive. He was working for some team last season.

I think Jerry Eckman is working for Tom Hammonds, as crew chief.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: sixpackbee] #55093
03/18/08 03:27 PM
03/18/08 03:27 PM
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. Substance abuse, use or sales, etc...ANY involvement with drugs...you're out. Eckman was a hired driver and he's BANNED for LIFE for the bottle on the car? PLEEEEEASE...

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: mopar_mark] #55094
03/18/08 03:40 PM
03/18/08 03:40 PM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline OP
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline OP
master

Rock Springs
Quote:

Well I thought they were both great drivers and helped push Mopar to be once again a highly recognised brand in the early 90's.

Most motor sport involves some kind of "bending of the rules" as has been going on since the idea of motor sport was 1st thought of.
Even if we don't like to admit it or not its there, some are caught others are more fortunate.
As for the link with drugs and Alderman, he served his time, didnt moan just got on with it. So in my books thats OK with me.

So I don't see the point of continuing to harbor a grudge, its not like he's a mass murder, rapist, etc.

I'm sure there are not many people around with perfect clean history, well not that I know. Maybe that puts me in the same league.

Exactly
To have it all, to be on top, to have somthing that we all here can only dream of, or hope to have....they must differ from you and I, they must not be Human, bull crap. Fact is most everyone has done or been involved with drugs, be it self inflicted, or a familiy member... we as Cristians are suppose to forgive and forget. People make bad choices and mistakes, which are much worse than drug use. I dont care... In my eyes, he is the best and always will be. One thing I have learned in life that no matter how much, or many great and good things one does or accomplishes, people always forget, and remeber the bad and negitive choice & things they do first. I guess it is more easy to point fingers at someone else, than examine our own fualts

So here's to Darrell
One of the greatest Mopar drivers in History

Bob in Ky

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55095
03/18/08 03:44 PM
03/18/08 03:44 PM
Sk. Canada
RemCharger Offline
master
RemCharger  Offline
master

Sk. Canada

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55096
03/18/08 03:48 PM
03/18/08 03:48 PM
Western New York
sixpackbee Offline
master
sixpackbee  Offline
master

Western New York
Quote:

One of the best period. I saw him gather in more bad runs than I can remember. Most drivers would have thrown in the towel. Such a pleasure to watch. Sorely missed but glad for the time he was driving and lucky enough to have seen him a bunch.

1959 Bugeye Sprite
1967 Charger Black L code
1967 Coronet R/T Convert Green 440 auto bought from original owner
1968 Charger R/T Bronze 440 4 spd console AM/FM
1969 Super Bee WM21H B5 A40 D21 N96
1969 Barracuda Formula S 340 Convert pilot car
1969 Hemi Road Runner RM23J D32 Omaha orange 4.10 Dana N96 N85
1970 Super Bee WM23N FE5 V1X 3.91 axle package, N96
1970 Road Runner RM21N B3 V1X D13
1971 MG Midget
1971 Road Runner RM23H GW3, A57
1972 Road Runner RM23P FY1, D21
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: sixpackbee] #55097
03/18/08 03:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of this was relevant about what, 12 years ago?!?

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55098
Mcallen, TX
SB449VALIANT Offline
pro stock
SB449VALIANT  Offline
pro stock

Mcallen, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly
To have it all, to be on top, to have somthing that we all here can only dream of, or hope to have....they must differ from you and I, they must not be Human, bull crap. Fact is most everyone has done or been involved with drugs, be it self inflicted, or a familiy member... we as Cristians are suppose to forgive and forget. People make bad choices and mistakes, which are much worse than drug use. I dont care... In my eyes, he is the best and always will be. One thing I have learned in life that no matter how much, or many great and good things one does or accomplishes, people always forget, and remeber the bad and negitive choice & things they do first. I guess it is more easy to point fingers at someone else, than examine our own fualts

So here's to Darrell

Bob in Ky

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: cudadoug] #55099
03/18/08 03:58 PM
03/18/08 03:58 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. Substance abuse, use or sales, etc...ANY involvement with drugs...you're out. Eckman was a hired driver and he's BANNED for LIFE for the bottle on the car? PLEEEEEASE...

Eckman was a hell of a lot more than a hired driver. He was a partner in that team, and knew full well what was going on.

They were trying to woo a sponsor and didn't have power to qualify, so they found another way to get it.

Two of the biggest jokes in this country are the wars on poverty and drugs. Neither is being "won".

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: gsmopar] #55100
03/18/08 05:06 PM
03/18/08 05:06 PM
Southington Ct.
T
turbobitt Offline
super stock
turbobitt  Offline
super stock
T

Southington Ct.
Quote:

Cheat Smeat... I want to see the nitrous set ups! Can you imagine the engineering that went into those kits to hide them? I read the article in the link I posted and they said the teams that were sucessful (with nitrous), plumed it through the motor plate and into the hood scoop! How fricken cool is that!!!

Sorry, I'm an engineer. I really enjoy the "how" and don't care much for the "why."

I'm an engineer also and interested in the "how". I was told it was all hidden in the scoop and once removed and set aside for inspection, evidence gone !!

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: turbobitt] #55101
03/18/08 05:39 PM
03/18/08 05:39 PM
NY/NJ
DV8 Offline
mopar addict
DV8  Offline
mopar addict

NY/NJ
To everyone busting Darrels balls about his drug deal, I find it no different then all the NFL, WWF & even base ball players on steroids. Not many all star players aren't on them & even some not so glorified.

IMO, Alderman was one of the best & most consistent P/S racers ever, along with being very cool & humble...

~S~

"The function of man is to live, not exist..."
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11