05/01/10 04:29 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

"I have to that BS along with the hear say evidence you posted. if it's not against the rules it's legal."

Really? Legal? Does that relate to mean allowed? If it was so legal, explain why all the teams didn't just openly take advantage of this legal loophole.

As per the hearsay, believe what you will. You tell me what you KNOW about the deal in a PM if you like, and we'll go from there. I didn't see any of it with my own 2 eyes firsthand, so it is what it is.

Old news is old for sure.

I don't know squat about what happened and don't claim to. I do know nothing was ever found by the NHRAand nothing was ever found to be fraud about the police report filed on the break in. everything else is hear say BS. until one of the actual players steps forward and admits something thats the way it should stay. and I wouldn't look down on them either way. those were some the best years mopar ever had in the pro stock ranks

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Quicktree] #55243
05/01/10 04:46 PM
05/01/10 04:46 PM
Land of the Brave, Home of the...
63CandyMatic Offline
pro stock
63CandyMatic  Offline
pro stock

I do know nothing was ever found by the NHRA

How do you know that?
Not sure how you can say you know nothing was ever found. That's a broad statement, that would include knowing what every NHRA official from that era saw, or found, etc.. And that's not to say they would publish it, or make it public.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 63CandyMatic] #55244
05/01/10 04:58 PM
05/01/10 04:58 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

How do you know that?
Not sure how you can say you know nothing was ever found. That's a broad statement, that would include knowing what every NHRA official from that era saw, or found, etc.. And that's not to say they would publish it, or make it public.

because thats what they reported, I guess they are in on the scandal now

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Quicktree] #55245
05/01/10 05:18 PM
05/01/10 05:18 PM
63CandyMatic Offline
pro stock
63CandyMatic  Offline
pro stock

Quote:

Quote:

How do you know that?

Because that's what they reported? You have to be kidding.

Consider if this seems possible: Remember that this was a very different time, and MOPAR was a very different company with major influence and an enormous financial contributor/sponsor in those days. Is it hard to believe that a major recipient and benefactor (NHRA) wouldn't want to open a big can of worms or start pointing fingers and accusing folks publicly and risk alienating a major sponsor like Chrysler. This would get expensive in so many ways, and not be good for any ones image.

Still a huge fan and remember fondly the era of the Dodge Boys. But considering the other more risky and illegal things that went on in that camp with some of the guys back then, is it really that hard to believe they would take every possible advantage to get an edge? Don't be naive.

I'm off to go work out on the property now that it's drying up.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 63CandyMatic] #55246
05/01/10 05:20 PM
05/01/10 05:20 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How do you know that?

Consider if this seems possible: Remember that this was a very different time, and MOPAR was a very different company with major influence and an enormous financial contributor/sponsor in those days. Is it hard to believe that a major recipient and benefactor (NHRA) wouldn't want to open a big can of worms or start pointing fingers and accusing folks publicly and risk alienating a major sponsor like Chrysler. This would get expensive in so many ways, and not be good for any ones image.

Still a huge fan and remember fondly the era of the Dodge Boys. But considering the other more risky and illegal things that went on in that camp with some of the guys back then, is it really that hard to believe they would take every possible advantage to get an edge? Don't be naive.

yea they loved mopars

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Quicktree] #55247
05/01/10 06:21 PM
05/01/10 06:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll add that I was at almost every NHRA race from 1991 to 2002 and after seeing things happen with my own eyes, it was amazing how different the story was in National Dragster the following week

After watching that happen for the first couple years, I never even looked at ND's anymore because we knew it was almost all crap....

Wayne

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman #55248
05/01/10 06:55 PM
05/01/10 06:55 PM
City of Champions
P
Prostock Offline
I Live Here
Prostock  Offline
I Live Here
P

City of Champions
Quote:

few realize that there was no rule in the book that year regarding Nitrous in Pro Stock. NHRA blunder ???

Well, that depends on your interpretation of the rules at the time. I believe there was a phrase that "power adders" or something to that affect was, which would clearly cover nitrous.

If it was legal, why wasn't everyone running it out in the open?

Darrell is doing fine. He was just inducted into the Kentucky motorsports hall of fame.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Prostock] #55249
05/01/10 09:13 PM
05/01/10 09:13 PM
Orlando Fl
Dos Snails Offline
pro stock
Dos Snails  Offline
pro stock

Orlando Fl
Don't care what Wayne county did, You have to separate that from Darrell. Even if his neon was on nitrous & had amazing power he still had to drive it to the finish line with out killing himself or the person in the other lane. So on that aspect ,A great driver & always a nice person.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 63CandyMatic] #55250
05/02/10 12:13 PM
05/02/10 12:13 PM
western pennsylvania
b1dartsport Offline
super stock
b1dartsport  Offline
super stock

western pennsylvania

You have got to be kidding! If NHRA was so worried obout offending chrysler who I agree was spending more money in racing at the time than anybody, why would they basically weight factor the hemi out of Pro Stock and destroy the most dominant combination. They also told the Chrysler teams no total chassis cars,Unibody had to still be involved in Pro Stock then 2 months later Bill Jenkins comes out of the wood work with his funny car Vega. This ruined the careers of Sox,Landy,and all the great early Mopar teams. As long as some chevy or some variant of a chevy is winning NHRA is happy. So don't give me that BS that NHRA would ever hide the fact if a Mopar was found with Nitros. I was heavily involved in the sport at the time and saw this BS first hand. If I am wrong, tell me why Wally Parks apologized to the Mopar crowd on his death bed.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: b1dartsport] #55251
05/02/10 01:19 PM
05/02/10 01:19 PM
63CandyMatic Offline
pro stock
63CandyMatic  Offline
pro stock

Well, that proves it. The Dodge Boys never employed forbidden power adders, for that matter, no unknown pro stock teams from that era ever employed nitrous,(except those who admitted it) because if they had, they would have been caught and it would have been reported by the authorities. And in a final blow to our guys, the Wayne County break in and "GM" vandals destroyed the one and only holy grail deposit of competitive pro stock engine parts, and the team simply could never again come close to duplicating or re-creating any of their former work. Case closed.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 63CandyMatic] #55252
05/02/10 10:28 PM
05/02/10 10:28 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
ok everone hates darrell aldeman
well i dont
i think he was one of the most prolific
racers in that era
better than any for as that goes
i will always thank him for bringing MOPAR
back and together
D A and Scott was one the best coteams in
racing bar none !!!1
the way some of you are talking its just that
youre opinon just like mine
but you guys are full of hate
and discontent!
but thats funny cause when they was winning you loved it!!

as for the breaken it was fully investigated matter of public record cant hide it
they where broke no monie to run
bankrupt is a better word

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 63CandyMatic] #55253
05/04/10 10:02 AM
05/04/10 10:02 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Well, that proves it. The Dodge Boys never employed forbidden power adders, for that matter, no unknown pro stock teams from that era ever employed nitrous,(except those who admitted it) because if they had, they would have been caught and it would have been reported by the authorities. And in a final blow to our guys, the Wayne County break in and "GM" vandals destroyed the one and only holy grail deposit of competitive pro stock engine parts, and the team simply could never again come close to duplicating or re-creating any of their former work. Case closed.

What I can't believe is that there are a few "pumpers" out there still denying the Wayne County N2O use.

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: BobR] #55254
05/04/10 11:10 AM
05/04/10 11:10 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
can someone post a pic of the horse being whipped?

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: B Dartman] #55255
05/04/10 12:00 PM
05/04/10 12:00 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont

As an example; I think it was the late Gary Ormsby who had "The Terrible Towell": He simply placed a hand towell over his go-pedal throughout the season and the competition went absolutely nuts, got angry, demanded action. This gained enough momentum that the competition demanded NHRA inspect the go-pedal and the throttle design to insure Gary wasn't cheating. Turns out it was nothing more than one of the greatest psychological play's in NHRA history. Gary trumped his competition psychologically...is that cheating too?

I think I read an interview some years later and he was quoted as saying with a grin "when they're looking there, they aren't looking somewhere else"

Kevin

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Twostick] #55256
05/07/10 12:14 AM
05/07/10 12:14 AM
las vegas
70AARcuda Offline
master
70AARcuda  Offline
master

las vegas
NHRA releases 1991 drag racing video..

watch 1st couple of minutes of the preview..and see why DA was the man went it came to driving the Dodge.

http://store.nhradvd.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NHRA%2DDragRacing91

Tony

70 AARCuda Vitamin C
71 Dart Swinger 360 10.318 @ 128.22(10-04-14 Bakersfield)
71 Demon 360 10.666 @122.41 (01-29-17 @ Las Vegas)
71 Duster 408 (10.29 @ 127.86 3/16/19 Las Vegas)
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: 70AARcuda] #55257
05/07/10 10:42 PM
05/07/10 10:42 PM
North Texas
TheTieWrapKid Offline
TheTieWrapKid  Offline

North Texas
I hope Darrell Alderman had a damn good time
racing in Pro Stock because I had a damn good time
watching him blow doors off in a cool Dodge !!!

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: TheTieWrapKid] #55258
05/23/10 10:07 PM
05/23/10 10:07 PM
Fairfield, IL
W
Win 1 Offline
Win 1  Offline
W

Fairfield, IL
I happen to be from Fairfield. I also know that my dad was the second person to be called the morning of "The Break In". He happened to be the mayor of Fairfield at the time. But more importantly, good friends with all at the Speed Shop. At the time, my vision was clouded. After the years have passed, things are pretty fishy. I hate to admit that. I won't say what I have heard. But I will say they done a lot for that little town. For this guy, it kept me going during Desert Storm. For our welcome home parade, they brought the car out for us. When my brother was in school in Arizona, they made sure he had race tickets. I know I sure had fun watching them win at Indy. There are also rumors about Darrell telling the DEA to p up a rope for not wanting to help with an ongoing investigation. Next thing you know, he is in trouble. Rumors we have. We had fun! Darrell is a great guy and driver. All I have to say is, Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the ride and I am still a fan because of all of you!

Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Win 1] #55259
05/23/10 10:58 PM
05/23/10 10:58 PM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline OP
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline OP
master

Rock Springs
One thing in life is always certain, no matter all the good deeds done or wonderful attributes one accomplishes, why is it one single mistake, or screw up is what people recall or one gets labeled..even though we all have had are own rocky spots and stumbles?
In my eye's Darrel is one of the greatest Pro Stock Drivers ever past or present.
He is like Jeggy is today, you better have your A-game going on when you turn on that top bulb.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55260
05/24/10 12:55 AM
05/24/10 12:55 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
We are from the same town.

You never hear anybody talking about him doing somebody wrong/cheat/rude/etc.

Small town, we all know when somebody is a tool.

He had a 427 Chevelle back in the day. Fast car. Guy from Maysville area had a Max Wedge, never could get a race because the cops kept breaking it up.

I want my fair share
Re: Lets talk about Darrell Alderman [Re: Bob_Coomer] #55261
05/24/10 02:17 AM
05/24/10 02:17 AM
State of retirement
52savoy Offline
master
52savoy  Offline
master

State of retirement
Quote:

One thing in life is always certain, no matter all the good deeds done or wonderful attributes one accomplishes, why is it one single mistake, or screw up is what people recall or one gets labeled..even though we all have had are own rocky spots and stumbles?
In my eye's Darrel is one of the greatest Pro Stock Drivers ever past or present.
He is like Jeggy is today, you better have your A-game going on when you turn on that top bulb.

Many people go through life not learning how to "treat others like they want to be treated". There are quite a few on moparts like that and some can actually walk on water...

Leave the guy alone and let him live his life in peace... get over it and GET A LIFE.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11