all new stuff with newcoms hemi k frame
i was told i would have ZERO clearance issues
can not wait to call TTI on monday

do you know what part # i need to buy-
do i just get rid of the stock steering
coupler and go with after market

it also looks like the header is just touching the
steering box --do i take a hammer to it

I had the same problem w/ the TTI's in my Hemi Challenger. We moved the column over a little, & installed the Shumacher Poly Lock Mounts. One tube still hits the box, so I had Firm Feel make a stage 2 J Body box & file it down so it won't hit. The J Box doesn't have the dome that hits & if you take some pics of your fittment issues & email it to Firm Feel, (dennis@firmfeel.com),& they'll make one for you.
I'd suggest not going w/ stock motor mounts, as my Hemi's torque busted the new driver's stock mount on mine. Haven't installed the new box yet, but may dimple the tube anyway. Good luck.

5654373-FirmFeelJboxw.jpg (151 downloads)
Last edited by Triggerfish; 12/08/09 11:03 AM.
Re: tti exhaust headers do not fit !!!! hits cuupler [Re: DAYCLONA] #546521
12/08/09 02:16 PM
12/08/09 02:16 PM
SW Fla.
CYACOP Offline
master
CYACOP  Offline
master

SW Fla.
Quote:

Sometimes you have no choice but to use the Borsen joint, which is actually better than the stock knuckle,...if a stock look is what your after, then your going to have to play with the motor mounts, some shimming might help, loosen the box to see if you can "move" it some, or break out the dremel, and elongate the holes to move the box over, or remove and "dimple" the header tube, I've used a peice of oak dowel to place on the offending tube, then hammered the oak, puts a nice "dimple" in the tube without busting up the coating, do this with the header removed and supported

Where do you buy this Borsen Joint?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3