12/03/09 01:33 AM
12/03/09 01:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ii hate the fact that i have to pay the CC companies to accept payment, but it's not going to change.
the unfortunate part for those of us in business is how badly it eats up the profit margin. the cost of doing business is already quite high and although it might not seem like a lot to some of you, those 2-3+ percentage fee's and monthly charges can be a real killer on the bottom line.
obviously i take credit cards, but i also understand why many businesses don't, and many more will become that way.
often times when i have monthly specials or special sale items, the profit margin is so thin that i have to stipulate cash, check or money order only. if i took a card on some of those i'd actually lose money.
i guess there's no point in complaining about it, like i said, it's not going to change.
i think you'd have to be in this type of business to understand.

Re: Bryant Crank not taking visa??? [Re: Monte_Smith] #542864
12/03/09 01:49 AM
12/03/09 01:49 AM
Canton, Ohio
S
Sport440 Offline
master
Sport440  Offline
master
S

Canton, Ohio
Because it can be a Great advantage to sales over what your currently doing. If your currently and constantly swamped then, I agree, dont bother with it.

I would never beat up on someone who wont take credit cards.

But Im giving a tip, if you learn to work with it, it can be a Great advantage to your business, if you need it.

Its been a Godsend for some business owners I know. Learn to use it to your advantage or dont use it at all.

Work on the Combo! mike

Re: Bryant Crank not taking visa??? [Re: Monte_Smith] #542865
12/03/09 02:05 AM
12/03/09 02:05 AM
Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Unfortunately, the C/C companies put merchants in a bad position with their policies. A lot of people don't understand the costs that the merchant has to "eat" to take a card, and that they don't see their money for several days. Banks also have the option to deduct funds and put them on hold for complaints, whether the complaint is legit or bogus. So there ends up the argument on how to recover the losses. On the other hand, the customer knows that the rates for purchases are usually cheaper than for cash advances, sometimes over 10% different, so it is expensive to get a cash advance to pay for purchases that can't be charged on a card. So, if a vendor was to set his pricing with C/C costs in, and give the discount for cash, it would work out well for all. The merchant gets paid the C/C costs, people with cash in hand pay what they should, and people that charge on a card would get it for less than having to pay the higher cash advance rates. The bottom line is, businesses have their reason and rights not to take cards, and buyers have the choice on who to buy from, and how to pay for it. There ain't NOTHING FREE. Except my

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Re: Bryant Crank not taking visa??? [Re: Sport440] #542866
12/03/09 07:08 PM
12/03/09 07:08 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Because it can be a Great advantage to sales over what your currently doing. If your currently and constantly swamped then, I agree, dont bother with it.

I would never beat up on someone who wont take credit cards.

But Im giving a tip, if you learn to work with it, it can be a Great advantage to your business, if you need it.

Its been a Godsend for some business owners I know. Learn to use it to your advantage or dont use it at all.

Work on the Combo! mike

100%

and what some are missing is a little profit is better than no profit. people don't use their cards because they want to punish their vendors they use them because they have to. if I couldn't use my credit card it would have taken me forever to get anything done with my car. and don't forget it's not great for the buyer either, we have to pay interest on the cards.

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: Evil Spirit] #542867
12/03/09 08:03 PM
12/03/09 08:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Bryant Crank not taking visa??? #542868
12/03/09 10:58 PM
12/03/09 10:58 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
It's a double edge sword...all that you all say is true about hte front end fees charged to the Merchant by Visa/MC.....back when ewverybody was spending $$$$ they never had but they could pay on installment very few merchants wanted to be out of the Credit card "Gravy Train" because when people throw plastic on the counter they were spending money without Concience....and that meant more sales for the merchant (vs if the buyer had to come right off the hip) and if you do enough volume the front end monthly fee gets absorbed pretty quick in all of your other costs of doing business...also those Visa/MC monthly and transaction fees are a direct business write-off.

It is a PITA and I can see the point for anyone who is a specialty mfg or someone who builds custom or one-off parts (Like a race motor for example) that have a lot of Front-end costs (labor & Materials...like grinding a crank) that you don't really "retail" because the costs are directly absorbed into the selling price of the product. Usually that kind of work demands a front-end deposit that is non-refundable....for many a good reason too!

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: Bryant Crank not taking visa??? [Re: Streetwize] #542869
12/03/09 11:11 PM
12/03/09 11:11 PM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
No offense to any of the sellers here but after just being burned on ebay I'm glad I paid with paypal linked to my Visa.

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3