dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill

what a debate
here is my
i have never balanced a slick
never will
why ? how many you guys out here balance you're slicks at a shop ,,then go home guess what ya do ??
put screws in so you slick don't move !!
so much for that balance job you just did!!
plus,they do not make a balancer that will balance at the speed in which you travel!
the speed range and the fast rate of change is why there is no need
do what you want,
yep it's only 10-15 $

Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: dennismopar73] #540016
11/30/09 09:45 AM
11/30/09 09:45 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

what a debate
here is my
never will
why ? how many you guys out here balance you're slicks at a shop ,,then go home guess what ya do ??
plus,they do not make a balancer that will balance at the speed in which you travel!
do what you want,
yep it's only 10-15 $

Good for all sizes and all RPM's. It's accurate and not very expensive. I use it on a regular bassis, not only on the car I race, but my daily drivers also. I may be a little paranoid, but I do not trust outside shops when it come to tire balancing.

5636006-tirebalancer.jpg (37 downloads)

Fastest 300
Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: Crizila] #540017
11/30/09 10:20 AM
11/30/09 10:20 AM
madison, ohio
modified1090 Offline
enthusiast
modified1090  Offline
enthusiast

madison, ohio
Quote:

Good for all sizes and all RPM's. It's accurate and not very expensive. I use it on a regular bassis, not only on the car I race, but my daily drivers also. I may be a little paranoid, but I do not trust outside shops when it come to tire balancing.

how much was that?

Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: Crizila] #540018
11/30/09 10:32 AM
11/30/09 10:32 AM
Southwestern Ontario Canada
racealittle Offline
pro stock
racealittle  Offline
pro stock

Southwestern Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quote:

what a debate
here is my
never will
do what you want,
yep it's only 10-15 $

I agree with balancing whenever possible.

Who would even think of putting the screws in after a balance? I guess there are all kinds of people out there.

A simple bubble balance can make a world of difference. Using a balancer can help you to determine the best way to balance if you study the balance of the rim (if it's heavy enough to show up on a bubble balancer as a rim only), and the combined wheel, tire, tube, screws, tape, and whatever.

I know that when I ran my old nostalgia digger there were some unbalanced sets that shook the car and driver so hard that I couldn't see through my prescription lenses at the 1000 foot. A few well placed weights and the eyeware stayed in place.

As always, do what you want, or do what you have to do, or don't do anythying at all; but don't preach about being right about something in every situation just because your a 'right fighter'.

This post was about an alternative approach to balancing a wheel and would or could it be applied to slicks.

Of course we all learn something from the experts who don't balance and don't see value in the idea.
I honestly don't care if you balance your tires. I care about learning something new, and is this something that I can benefit from.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!
Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: modified1090] #540019
11/30/09 10:48 AM
11/30/09 10:48 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

how much was that?

Can't remember exactly, but under $75.

Fastest 300
Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: racealittle] #540020
11/30/09 11:01 AM
11/30/09 11:01 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

what a debate
here is my
never will
do what you want,
yep it's only 10-15 $

I agree with balancing whenever possible.

Who would even think of putting the screws in after a balance? I guess there are all kinds of people out there.

A simple bubble balance can make a world of difference. Using a balancer can help you to determine the best way to balance if you study the balance of the rim (if it's heavy enough to show up on a bubble balancer as a rim only), and the combined wheel, tire, tube, screws, tape, and whatever.

I know that when I ran my old nostalgia digger there were some unbalanced sets that shook the car and driver so hard that I couldn't see through my prescription lenses at the 1000 foot. A few well placed weights and the eyeware stayed in place.

As always, do what you want, or do what you have to do, or don't do anythying at all; but don't preach about being right about something in every situation just because your a 'right fighter'.

This post was about an alternative approach to balancing a wheel and would or could it be applied to slicks.

Of course we all learn something from the experts who don't balance and don't see value in the idea.
I honestly don't care if you balance your tires. I care about learning something new, and is this something that I can benefit from.

Agree with your comments - we are off topic. Since the company is located in Georgetown, Ontario, Canada - and so are you, why don't you give them a call - (905) 873-3339 - and ask?

Fastest 300
Re: A new way for slick balancing? [Re: Crizila] #540021
11/30/09 12:36 PM
11/30/09 12:36 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
you know how may cars ive seen with the rear tires bouncing like a basket ball in the burnout..
thats enough for me..
mine are always balanced period..
i make sure i wipe my aarse also...no matter how much of a hurry iam in....
some things are just worth the little extra time it takes ....to do it propely..
cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2