A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, my wife's minivan does fit the rules in your new class 100%......

Come on BS ... no "rules". Just TWO WORDS ... Power Tour.

Now you can continue here with all your BigSmoke(and mirrors) ....and talking-in-circles.

I will have to agree with another guy ... your posts DO bring a BigSmile to my face ..... with all your shuck-and-jive. ...

ARE YOU by any chance a politician ?

Dude, you need to take a look in the mirror .......The way you decide what a street car is as silly as the rules for your Fabulous Doc Fiberglass Mr. Potatoe Head Practical Pump Gas Drags Magical Mystery Power Tour.....I wrote that to make a point.......and you're too blind to see it and not smart enough to write a rebuttal..........You've done NOTHING to make your point but flap your jaws and try to belittle me with your silly "shuck-and-jive" and "smoke and mirrors" crap that you keep repeating because you have nothing else .........

I, and obviously, others, get tired of you constantly telling people that what they have and consider a street car, doesn't fit your definition.......

I hope you guys don't take what I'm saying as knocking Drag Week, because that's not how I meant it and I'd actually considered doing it this year, but I just couldn't afford to take the time off either......

I'm just jerking Mr. chain for constantly forcing his idea of a street car down everyone's throat that DON'T want to hear it........He has a right to his opinion, and so do we..........

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530758
11/21/09 11:51 PM
11/21/09 11:51 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
Quote:

Fabulous Doc Fiberglass Mr. Potatoe Head Practical Pump Gas Drags Magical Mystery Power Tour

OMG fell out of my chair LMAO, Sgt Pepper on a bad trip?

no offense Doc but that was funny.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530759
11/22/09 12:06 AM
11/22/09 12:06 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, my wife's minivan does fit the rules in your new class 100%......

Come on BS ... no "rules". Just TWO WORDS ... Power Tour.

Now you can continue here with all your BigSmoke(and mirrors) ....and talking-in-circles.

I will have to agree with another guy ... your posts DO bring a BigSmile to my face ..... with all your shuck-and-jive. ...

ARE YOU by any chance a politician ?

Dude, you need to take a look in the mirror .......The way you decide what a street car is as silly as the rules for your Fabulous Doc Fiberglass Mr. Potatoe Head Practical Pump Gas Drags Magical Mystery Power Tour.....I wrote that to make a point.......and you're too blind to see it and not smart enough to write a rebuttal..........You've done NOTHING to make your point but flap your jaws and try to belittle me with your silly "shuck-and-jive" and "smoke and mirrors" crap that you keep repeating because you have nothing else .........

I, and obviously, others, get tired of you constantly telling people that what they have and consider a street car, doesn't fit your definition.......

I hope you guys don't take what I'm saying as knocking Drag Week, because that's not how I meant it and I'd actually considered doing it this year, but I just couldn't afford to take the time off either......

I'm just jerking Mr. chain for constantly forcing his idea of a street car down everyone's throat that DON'T want to hear it........He has a right to his opinion, and so do we..........

- Wow
Big Squeeze enough is enough.The last two evenings Ive woke the wife up and had to clean the Pepsi off the monitor
I think the only ones who have gone consecutively the last few years are Ross,the guy from Canada who has the "K" car(cant remember his name but a great guy)Aussies and MCrow.07 I went,08 didnt get the car the way I wanted,09 finances.2010 Im there.
in 07 I got home at 1:30 a.m. and couldnt go to sleep unti 5 a.m.and proceeded to sleep for 14 hours.It was that intense.Best time Ive ever had.
If you are a car guy you need to put it on your "bucket list".

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530760
11/22/09 12:41 AM
11/22/09 12:41 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Oh GEESE ....Big Squeeze !

I am not FORCING my idea of what a street-car should be ... but what they do on that POWER TOUR is the ultimate test ... if there are doubts of whether or not a car is truly STREETable or not.

YOU do what YOU want to-do ... and carry-ON with your writings .....I still DO get a BigSmile out of your rants !

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530761
11/22/09 01:04 AM
11/22/09 01:04 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
PT is the test.Do PT and DW and then let me know.
Alot of people I know have done PT and when you bring up DW its "No I might break something along the side of the road"
PT is done on good roads.One day on PT you are in Springfield Mo and you have a car show.WOW.Next stop Topeka and I saw very few cars go down the dragstrip.Next stop Lincoln and tour and check out Speedway Motors etc.Its NOT a test of man and machine.Its a glorified cruise.Ive seen people use enclosed trailer and unload their car a few miles away and say they made the trip.DUH! I call BS!Trailers to get your car to the next stop is not allowed at DW.Ask John Cunningham
It does involve more mileage but with less obstacles.
Next years PT ask Freiburger which is a vacation and which is a challenge.Ask the guy from New York with the 56 Chevy(admit its a nice car)which one he is doing next year.It isnt PT.
Better yet.I'll see you in Sept at DragWeek If you have a fast mopar street car which was the original?? I WILL stop and give you a hand if you are broke down.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ProSport] #530762
11/22/09 01:28 AM
11/22/09 01:28 AM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Quote:

Like i posted before, this site sure has a lot of haters on it.

Yep, it's amazing. Some of the guys preaching about how everyone should build, use, and enjoy their cars have never even posted any info or pics of their own cars. Do they even have cars? And I'd have to hit the lottery to beat the snot out of my 9 second street car 7 days a week. Most the time it's on jackstands with a car cover over it but I sure do enjoy it when the time and money are there. And yes it's more of a race car with plates and mufflers but I'd drive a ProStock on the street occasionally if I had one.

im assuming this post is directed at me...i guess you have to post "info and pics" on here to be part of the crowd eh? LOL..dont take such offense..although its funny because in an earlier post you said you could drive your car more but you dont because you cant handle it for long periods, and now your saying you cant afford it? which is it really? your car looks like its up to snuff for street duty from what ive read about it, but you dont seem to think so as much...its soo funny to see everyone get all offended and tied up in a knot about this...everyone is entitled to their opinion,and that means me too my own father has a car that performs similar duty to yours, so im really not bashing...just stating what i think a street car is, not how to build one (i think the op hit it on the nose when he said only the chev guys can do this- seems like the mopar guys just wont have it for a variety of reasons lol)...ill stop now before i hurt anyone elses feelings ...ill be sure to start posting more "info and pics" on here so i can feel cool and believed

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: mshred] #530763
11/22/09 01:37 AM
11/22/09 01:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some body PLEASE kill this post.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ] #530764
11/22/09 01:52 AM
11/22/09 01:52 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
Why?? Its only on page 3.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530765
11/22/09 10:17 AM
11/22/09 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Oh GEESE ....Big Squeeze !

I am not FORCING my idea of what a street-car should be ... but what they do on that POWER TOUR is the ultimate test ... if there are doubts of whether or not a car is truly STREETable or not.

YOU do what YOU want to-do ... and carry-ON with your writings .....I still DO get a BigSmile out of your rants !

and another nothing-but-fluff post by ........this is pretty funny.......

You are forcing your idea......Here's where I'm getting this;

Quote:

Quote:

Interstate driving would not be a very pleasant experience for more than 30 or 45 minutes w/ 4.10 gears and 4" exhaust. CHIP

NOT pleasant ? .. then that is not much of a street-car IMO.

Your post added NOTHING and has NOTHING to do with this thread.........

Why do you think I'm ranting? because I tell it like it is and you can't handle it? You don't think I was laughing when I wrote the rules for your powder puff racing class???

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: mshred] #530766
11/22/09 12:52 PM
11/22/09 12:52 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
No Mshred, mostly directed towards Doc, but your pics and info are always welcome.

Carry on, opinions are so entertaining.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530767
11/22/09 12:57 PM
11/22/09 12:57 PM
Mopar Lane,Mississippi
67HEMI Offline OP
super stock
67HEMI  Offline OP
super stock

Mopar Lane,Mississippi
So I will ask this question again from my earlier post since no one answered it. Do chevy owners have more money,more grit,more determination,more time off,less excuses,better jobs,and faster cars? I never asked what was the definition of a street car. I just asked WHY there were no Mopars there quicker than a 10 since there seem to be a lot of them on this forum and live close to where it was held this year.

Last edited by 67wedge; 11/22/09 12:58 PM.

'33 Plymouth 5 Window Coupe Blown Aluminum HEMI w/bolt ons (under construction) '69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 375 HP 440 '71 Plymouth Duster 360 W/EFI (Wife's Ride) '12 Ram MegaCab Dually 6.7 Cummins
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 67HEMI] #530768
11/22/09 01:10 PM
11/22/09 01:10 PM
Kauai, Hawaii
452RT Offline
master
452RT  Offline
master

Kauai, Hawaii
Quote:

So I will ask this question again from my earlier post since no one answered it. Do chevy owners have more money,more grit,more determination,more time off,less excuses,better jobs,and faster cars?

Parts are cheaper and more choices and that's why I switched, hence I have more engine for less money.
I have don't have money, more grit, more determination, more time off, less excuses or a better job.
What I don't have is a Mopar and that I do miss.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ProSport] #530769
11/22/09 03:03 PM
11/22/09 03:03 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

No Mshred, mostly directed towards Doc, but your pics and info are always welcome.

Carry on, opinions are so entertaining.

So I am a "hater" ? ... for expressing MY opinion ?? ... ....

And to the BigSneeze ..... ...

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530770
11/22/09 03:35 PM
11/22/09 03:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

So I am a "hater" ? ... for expressing MY opinion ?? ... ....

And to the BigSneeze ..... ...

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, in the right thread.......again , since you're having such a hard time comprehending this.......What you've posted has NOTHING to do with this thread and has no place in it......

In the "what's your definition of a street car?" threads.......post your opinion 'til the cows come home........

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530771
11/22/09 03:48 PM
11/22/09 03:48 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
And YOU BigSqueeze .. are beating-this-to-death

You saying that defining what a street car is ... ON a topic like this ....and it has nothing to do WITH the topic .... is showing your PURE lack of comprehension of ANY part of this topic.

STEP BACK from your keyboard ...and take a cold-shower ....

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530772
11/22/09 08:17 PM
11/22/09 08:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

And YOU BigSqueeze .. are beating-this-to-death

You saying that defining what a street car is ... ON a topic like this ....and it has nothing to do WITH the topic .... is showing your PURE lack of comprehension of ANY part of this topic.

STEP BACK from your keyboard ...and take a cold-shower ....

More useless and silly cut downs AGIAN because you aren't smart enough to make your point.....and you say I beat a dead horse??? I guess ignorance really is bliss.......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530773
11/22/09 08:36 PM
11/22/09 08:36 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

I guess ignorance really is bliss.......

...and YES ... you PROVE THAT most every time you go to your keyboard. So you must be "in clover".

Have a nice day ...

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530774
11/22/09 08:39 PM
11/22/09 08:39 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

oh stop it

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: Quicktree] #530775
11/22/09 11:12 PM
11/22/09 11:12 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
3-2-1 and "BOOM!" goes the dynamite.

Look at the bright side, only 4 months until spring.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: mshred] #530776
11/23/09 12:54 AM
11/23/09 12:54 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Quote:

there was no potty mouthing in my post, but its moparts i guess i gotta watch out...never driven for an hour and half straight? um youd be surprised what we do...like i said the track is an hour and half/ 2 hours away and my friends drive their cars there, on the highway, with at minium 4.10 gears, screaming, and even still hammer it on each in high gear...i love how people think its my age...you think that i HAVE money at 20 years old? I think that is probably one of the most uneducated statements ive heard of all time- how many 20 year olds do you know with deep pockets? (and no, i dont get any financial help before you even go there)all the money that goes into my car is from a part time wage with only a couple months of full time in the summer...i have bills to pay too, but i wont get into those because im obviously too young for that right? so in reality, im just like every other "poor" racer out there...that doesnt mean though that im going to tippie toe around driving it everywhere- if stuff breaks, you fix it, and if you have to wait to get the money then so be it...All im saying is plain and simple dont go around boasting my car is a street car when you cant even run it on pump gas or for more than a half hour because its too loud this, or it overheats that...the impracticality of these cars as street cars is what makes them so flippin cool! and as for roadtrips like the power tour or drag week, if you can drive your car there and enjoy it kudos to you! like i said these cars are meant to be driven, and driven damn hard! for anyone who disagrees with me i could care less, because i have a hell of a good time doing this stuff with my cars and my friends...you only live once, so live flippin fast!

So....you are out pounding on a T5 5-speed behind a 340 and really raising hell. I must not hook up or make much steam I'm assuming? It's all goo fun to have a fast daily driver (aka my old '76 Valiant 408/4-speed/4.10 winter beater) but it gets old tearing stuff up and having to fix it all night just to get to work. There is a time and a place for practical and impractical cars. If I want to drive my hotrod 168 miles over the mountain pass to my brother's house for a visit I've got my eye on the oil psi and watching out for the cops because it's LOUD. For me the trip is much more enjoyable in something that is not deafeningly loud and enjoy a mellow ride. My 4.30 geared Charger and I have been on quite a few 200+ mile trips and I did enjoy them, but after a while I'd like to be able to answer my phone without having to pull over and kill the motor. It it a street car? Hell yes tagged and insured! Is it my preferred mode of transportation for a road trip? Nope. I guess it all depends on what you get out of driving your hotrod. For me I have a 500" 4-speed pounder sitting on MT ET Streets for thrill rides and a little black top action on the side. Next to that is a Sweptline PowerWagon for mountain adventure and hauling dirt. Next to that is a full size luxo-barge for cruising along with my honey tucked up next to me. Like I stated above, it all depends on what a person wants to do...I prefer multiple vehicles for multiple uses so I don't tear up my hotrod driving up a rocky mountain road.

Even with purpose built vehicles I still break enough parts. Dragweek would be awesome but given my line of work (aka STRESS) I don't need to get high on my vacation, I need to come down. 'Not going to happen with 3.5" exhaust and 4.30's!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7